Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 more year for Hart confirmed...

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
l honestly thought of offering those new contracts to absolute has-beens were gone.

Apparantly not, OGH has been given a new one year contract.

Sorry Gary but thats just what you were, a has been.

Thanks so much for all that you have done for our great club, and yes you are a true Legend.

But as happens in football, and in life, its now time to move on.

Have you watched the team train this pre-season?

If not, how do you know he hasn't done enough to earn another year?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe its because Gus likes the Posh Spice is a slapper chant??

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

He's probably been AMAZING in pre-season training. He's nothing if not a TRIER. In fact wasn't there a thread on here a week or two back, where somebody 'ITK' had commented that Hart was like a man possessed in training, and was flying into tackles, etc.

The thing is, he will have been just the same, the last four pre-seasons...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
He's probably been AMAZING in pre-season training. He's nothing if not a TRIER. In fact wasn't there a thread on here a week or two back, where somebody 'ITK' had commented that Hart was like a man possessed in training, and was flying into tackles, etc.

The thing is, he will have been just the same, the last four pre-seasons...

i have only been to burgers hill pre-season and for me he and whingy both looked noticeably fitter than in the past couple of years and both have lost a few lbs. strange how some people are saying he's too old yet we have signed kishishev who is older :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
i have only been to burgers hill pre-season and for me he and whingy both looked noticeably fitter than in the past couple of years and both have lost a few lbs. strange how some people are saying he's too old yet we have signed kishishev who is older :shrug:

I've not said he is too old. Just that he seems no longer capable of contributing much ON THE PITCH, to a side with top 6 ambitions in League One.

I would LOVE it if he proved me wrong. I'd cheer as loud as anyone, when Harty notched his fifteenth goal of the season. I'd even enjoy reading Withdean Wanderer's told-you-so posts.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This is all old news - Gaz1901 broke this exclusive last week - though he got the day wrong by almost a wk...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
If Poyet wants to keep him that's good enough for me.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've not said he is too old. Just that he seems no longer capable of contributing much ON THE PITCH, to a side with top 6 ambitions in League One.

I would LOVE it if he proved me wrong. I'd cheer as loud as anyone, when Harty notched his fifteenth goal of the season. I'd even enjoy reading Withdean Wanderer's told-you-so posts.

yes . . . but he wont, his days are over alas, or should be.

No time for sentiment.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

l'm sure he TRIES Hiney, but massive diifference between trying & succeeding, call my a cynic, but l think he should have gone a year or two ago.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't think he has a great deal to offer over the whole season, but he seems happy to wait and be called upon when needed. A decent backup. Part of building a winning team, the foundations are laid with a happy squad and Hart seems to be extremely popular and has a positive influence on those that are less experienced.

Poyet seems happy to have him around for another year, so that is good enough for me.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
l'm sure he TRIES Hiney, but massive diifference between trying & succeeding, call my a cynic, but l think he should have gone a year or two ago.

I would hope that EVERY SINGLE player tries in training.

What I was getting at was that Poyet must have seen SOMETHING in training to justify the year deal.

To be honest, if we were in need of someone to come on with 15 mins to go in a game, I would rather it's Gary Hart whose been there, seen it and done it, than, say, a youth teamer on the fringe.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be honest, if we were in need of someone to come on with 15 mins to go in a game, I would rather it's Gary Hart whose been there, seen it and done it, than, say, a youth teamer on the fringe.

Plenty of times last year we were 'in need of someone with 15 minutes to go' and every time, Hart was either;

*out injured

*not selected

*left on the bench, overlooked in favour of various nippers / loanees

*ineffectual when he DID come on.

To be FAIR, there was ONE game at Withdean, when he came on, and HARRIED the defence, and looked like making something happen. He didn't, ultimately, but he at least looked like he might.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You think this is a sentimental decision on Gus Poyet's part?

What sentiment does Gus hold towards Gary Hart, do you suppose?

I don't think sentiment plays ANY part at all in Gus' decision.

I think it plays a big part in some posters' opinions on whether or not it is a good decision, though.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be FAIR, there was ONE game at Withdean, when he came on, and HARRIED the defence, and looked like making something happen. He didn't, ultimately, but he at least looked like he might.

Im sure he also did at Orient away last season as well when he replaced the ineffective Dickinson.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Im sure he also did at Orient away last season as well when he replaced the ineffective Dickinson.

You must be thinking of a different game. Dickinson was FAR from ineffective at Orient last year. He was actually pretty good, including winning the NAILED ON penalty, that wasn't given, and pinging over the brilliant cross for Murray to turn in the [disallowed] 'winner'.

I don't recall whether Harty came on, in that game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You must be thinking of a different game. Dickinson was FAR from ineffective at Orient last year. He was actually pretty good, including winning the NAILED ON penalty, that wasn't given, and pinging over the brilliant cross for Murray to turn in the [disallowed] 'winner'.

I don't recall whether Harty came on, in that game.

No Dickinson DIVED like he always does/did poncing about. Well it looked like it from where I was.

And as for the cross I dont remember who that was just the fact it was disallowed.

Ok so winning a penalty that never was and one cross makes him effective. My bad. I bet if I played for 90 mins I would get ONE good cross in too! That means Im effective! Which is obviously why OGH has been given a contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here