Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 more year for Hart confirmed...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What none of us know really is what OGH adds to the squad generally - ie what does he do to help bring young players through, how does he demonstrate the virtues in working hard and being loyal, and how does he keep spirits up in the away dressing room at Brunton Park on a Tuesday night in February...

He's not on much cash - we renegotiated his contract last year if I recall - and presumably he must be thinking about taking his coaching badges. He's been a model pro for us, and if he's good enough for Gus, that's good enough for me.

Well this is my point, the above can be the only reasons that he has been given another year.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
As what though? Not denying the legend part. Nor that he should be retained in some capacity where he can actually contribute something useful. Maybe as a player-coach of the development squad - to instill in those young lads, all the FINE attributes he has.

But, as sixth choice, non-scoring forward, sorry - just don't get it.

:shrug:

He is our version of Heskey.

A bitch to play against. If Gus's sliky football hasn't pulled off and we need some physical play, he's a strong lad who will challenge in the air. if we need to run down the clco, prevent Barnes from being injured with 10 to go, 2-0 up, and all we want is him to hold the ball up and run down the clock then he's first choice in that senario. :clap2: is a far better response.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He is our version of Heskey.

A bitch to play against. If Gus's sliky football hasn't pulled off and we need some physical play, he's a strong lad who will challenge in the air. if we need to run down the clco, prevent Barnes from being injured with 10 to go, 2-0 up, and all we want is him to hold the ball up and run down the clock then he's first choice in that senario. :clap2: is a far better response.

He absolutely IS a terrier who harries defenders, and stops them have an easy time of it. That he is good at.

Physical presence though? Not the Gary Hart I've been watching for 12[?] years. A big central defender is not going to lose too much sleep about the physical challenge Harty presents. Nor have I ever noted that 'holding the ball up' is a particular strong point, either.

Still, time for me to go home, now.

Good luck to the bloke. I hope he has a great season, and proves me massively wrong.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I agree with most pro Hart comments on here. But loyalty? Has his loyalty been tested here over the years? Did he have offers of better contracts elsewhere, which he turned down?

D

Deleted User X18H

I think this 1 year is down to sentiment. As Gus is extremely sentimental. Just ask Andy Whing.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
seems a bit odd that some posters sound genuinely annoyed that harty is staying for another year. what can you possibly have against the guy? if it works out then great he'll hopefully play a positive part next season, if not then you won't see him as he'll be stuck in the reserves.

he bleeds blue and white and alongside one or two others still around in the dressing room, serves as a link between what we were and what we're becoming.

good luck harty and good on you sir

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
Surprised that Harty's contribution just over a year ago has barely been mentioned. Without that fantastic effort with Lloyd Owusu WE WOULD HAVE BEEN RELEGATED no doubt about it. I won't forget that pinpoint cross for Owusu at Bristol Rovers. Just a year ago.

I'm not saying that he will start, but if Gus thinks he can still make that sort of contribution off the bench then that'll do for me.:clap2:

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
:QUOTE=Tom Hark, Preston Park;3608414]It's a joke really. What's the point? What did OGH contribute last season?[/QUOTE]

:thumbsup:

I think he should have gone a couple of seasons ago_Other players have given 100% and realised when the time was right to go and gone. Just wish Gary would.

What difference did Gary Hart contribute last season compared to Michel Kuipers and Adam Virgo? Michel and Adam gave more and they have been released!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
maybe because he is hard working, has a brilliant attitude and is a good example to all the younger players, Poyet is no mug and certain attributes are required in his players, Hart probably won't be first choice but he won't stop fighting for the opportunity - a complete professional and a credit to Brighton and the game

He'd better not be first choice or we really will have a problem.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It's a joke really. What's the point? What did OGH contribute last season?

Bugger all in my humble opinion. Some of the club's decisions on contracts defy belief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here