Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 more year for Hart confirmed...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
OGH , 100% effort and as a seasoned pro the youngsters will learn a lot from him.

D

Deleted User X18H

This is a perfectly sensible thread Timmy. Go and attention seek elsewhere, there's a good chap.

Yes but you are in effect criticising the fact that Gary Hart has been given a new one year deal. I am very pleased Harty is still at the club can you imagine the emotion and celebration if he scores at Withdean this season.

He is a link to the dark dark days we have come through moved on from and progressed towards the ultimate goal of a new stadium and a new era for the club. Harty has been there through most of that except the Goldstone episode.

I have no doubt sentiment from someone within the Albion has prompted this further year and I hope he gets another next July as well.

Its a shame such sentiment could not have been extended to Michel Kuipers as well.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes but you are in effect criticising the fact that Gary Hart has been given a new one year deal. I am very pleased Harty is still at the club can you imagine the emotion and celebration if he scores at Withdean this season.

He is a link to the dark dark days we have come through moved on from and progressed towards the ultimate goal of a new stadium and a new era for the club. Harty has been their through most of that except the Goldstone episode.

I have no doubt sentiment from someone within the Albion has prompted this further year and I hope he gets another next July as well.

Its a shame such sentiment could not have been extended to Michel Kuipers as well.

I'd say 'questionning' raher than 'criticising', but yes, personally, I'd have spent the money elsewhere. Not my call though, and in Gus we trust.

I think that the situation with Kuipers is different to Hart. Hart seems happy to pick sit on the bench for another year, without rocking the boat. I imagine Kuipers would not be so accepting of that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
because if a player is injured "a lot" during a season does that mean they are no longer good enough to play for us?

Nobody has suggested that, at all.

I would imagine the cost of Hart would have very little impact on the budget.

Probably not. I'd PERSONALLY rather see it spent, on a couple of youngsters.

PERSONALLY.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I am very pleased Harty is still at the club can you imagine the emotion and celebration if he scores at Withdean this season.

One of my mates is so adamant that this wont happen he's pledged to streak the Withers pitch if Hart manages to score again. So as much as I love Harty, that's one celebration I do not want to see.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So you are STILL claiming that Hart's retention is sentimental, and that therefore Gus is not choosing the people he wants?

Good grief.
It's not unreasonable to assume that sentimentality has played a part in this decision. How many other footballers of Hart's age, of limited ability do you see Poyet signing then?

The fact is that Hart is an Albion man and will not be a hugely expensive signing. For those reasons, Poyet is probably willing to take a punt on him seeing as the money is there, but wouldn't have bothered for a similar ability professional northerner journeyman type.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's not unreasonable to assume that sentimentality has played a part in this decision. How many other footballers of Hart's age, of limited ability do you see Poyet signing then?

I think it is [unreasonable] as I can't recall Poyet showing anything other than a ruthless and direct approach to his work. Why would he deviate from that path in this instance?

Of course there may well be non-playing reasons why Poyet has kept Hart on, but that wouldn't necessarily make them sentimental.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If I imagine that Kishishev will be a regular first teamer then I would think Hart would be the "senior pro" in the reserves.

Maybe this contract is a reward for Harts attitude since Gus has joined. Gus strikes me as someone who does not dole out contracts willy nilly.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I think it is [unreasonable] as I can't recall Poyet showing anything other than a ruthless and direct approach to his work. Why would he deviate from that path in this instance?

Of course there may well be non-playing reasons why Poyet has kept Hart on, but that wouldn't necessarily make them sentimental.

Thanks, Bozza. Sums up my point perfectly. :thumbsup:

Hart: RETAINED
Kuipers, Virgo: RELEASED

Sentiment? In a chimp's cock.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I must be the only person other than possibly Gus who thinks that if we are winning with 10 mins to go OGH is a good man to send on to unsettle the defenders and stop the team building attacks from the back to put pressure on us. He will chase every ball and every player who has it. He will not allow their players any time on the ball.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Actually I would assume there were non-playing reasons why Poyet kept Hart on. But as far as I can see, what Hart is likely to offer is not a lot different to what several journeyman players on the circuit might offer to the club. It's just that Hart is a Brighton man and that's what I mean by sentiment.

I must be the only person other than possibly Gus who thinks that if we are winning with 10 mins to go OGH is a good man to send on to unsettle the defenders and stop the team building attacks from the back to put pressure on us. He will chase every ball and every player who has it. He will not allow their players any time on the ball.

a) how do you know this is Gus's idea?
b) what makes you think (if it is Gus's idea) that you are the only other person to have thought it?
c) there is no c.

D

Deleted User X18H

So you are STILL claiming that Hart's retention is sentimental, and that therefore Gus is not choosing the people he wants?

Good grief.

I am saying exactly that. Harty has played around 30 times mainly as sub in the last 3 seasons.

Bloom and Poyet have an extremely close working relationship. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Tony had told Gus to 'leave this one to me'

Gary Hart is a flagship to the Albion he is also a credible squad player.

However without boardroom influence I have no doubt he would not have been invited back for pre season.

Why do you think Poyet keeps saying 'the contract is there he just needs to sign it'.

Perhaps he (Poyet) has left it to 'others' to finalize the deal.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I am saying exactly that. Harty has played around 30 times mainly as sub in the last 3 seasons.

Bloom and Poyet have an extremely close working relationship. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Tony had told Gus to 'leave this one to me'

Gary Hart is a flagship to the Albion he is also a credible squad player.

However without boardroom influence I have no doubt he would not have been invited back for pre season.

Why do you think Poyet keeps saying 'the contract is there he just needs to sign it'.

Perhaps he (Poyet) has left it to 'others' to finalize the deal.

and you have no doubt exactly how :drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here