Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 more year for Hart confirmed...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Why do people think that professional football is 11 players on a saturday? It's a squad game over a whole season, if Poyet thinks Hart brings something to the squad then he'll offer him a contract. If he doesn't think that then he'll show you the door, he's proved that already.

Some of you are going on like Hart's been offered a 5 grand a week 3 year deal which guarentees him a starting place up front.

I also notice it's alot of the same people who abuse Holroyd on here, who used to abuse Davies, Dickinson, Mayo ect.. :tosser:

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Poyet must be mad.
Sack him immediately.
How dare he retain a player he obviously trusts to "Do a job"

Nough said.

Next Manager please and if you don't sign NSC choice of players your out.

Now how do we tell, Tony that NSC picks the team, makes the signings but if hes very good he can pay the bills and make my tea?

(No goals in last 4 years - How dare he fail to score from part time midfield or full back):angry:

OGH worth a year at least and every penny.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Have I? Where, exactly?

I have not slated him in the slightest. I've agreed he's a LEGEND, and agreed that he should be retained in a USEFUL role.

All I've questionned is the value in giving him another year as a player, which will ultimately prove to be a waste of yet another year of HIS CAREER, when he should be PLAYING elsewhere. Your mates, Scott and Brett have said the same thing in this same thread, but you seem to have not noticed that.

Anyway, carry on...

I don't think a coaching role is really what's needed from Harty at the moment. You look at the likes of Dickinson and Cox who went out on the piss and got kicked out, Forster who kicked off, out. It's about someone who will be another one of the lads, not an authority figure, and someone who demonstrates how to be professional and how to act at the training ground, match day and so on. Gus is trying to make things more professional around the club and it helps to have that within the squad already, so new lads and young lads see how you act when you play for Brighton and what’s expected of you. There can easily be dissent against authority figures so have someone who acts right without being an authority type person is important. Gus has been in enough dressing rooms to know what sort of person and what sort of balance of personalities, he needs.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Thought i'd quickly reply to this before I go to bed:

Have I? Where, exactly?

I have not slated him in the slightest. I've agreed he's a LEGEND, and agreed that he should be retained in a USEFUL role.

All I've questionned is the value in giving him another year as a player, which will ultimately prove to be a waste of yet another year of HIS CAREER, when he should be PLAYING elsewhere. Your mates, Scott and Brett have said the same thing in this same thread, but you seem to have not noticed that.

Anyway, carry on...

In several threads and posts recently you've suggested Hart isn't up to it as a footballer at this level anymore. It is total pedantry to suggest that claiming someone isn't good enough in their profession anymore, and posting a "what's the point" shrugging soldiers smiley can't be considering as "slating" someone. Feel free to go down that route however, but it's irrelevent to the discussion.

Anyway, what's clear is you don't rate Hart as a League 1 player any more. You've said it time and time again this summer and throughout last season, sometimes in much more forceful or even offensive ways than you've used here. I just find it a little hypocritical that not so long ago you were criticising me for having a vendetta against a player, that's all. Fair play though, you've had a lot less vendetta's than me over the past few seasons...

I have noticed Scott and Brett's comments, but there is no hypocricy in them, and they are not repeating what they've said countless times before, hence I've "not noticed" then - despite the fact that I've made one reply to the thread starter (who generally is the first person you reply to, no?) Also, I've argued about Gary Hart with Scott in the flesh plenty of times in the flesh - there's no need to do it again over NSC.

For what it's worth, I think Hart has his uses, although they are clearly limited now. But all the while he's the second best crosser of the ball at the club (behind only Bennett) I'm happy for him to have a "cheap" contract. If Bennett gets injured we're in trouble, but i'd be quite happy to see Hart hogging the touchline and slinging crosses into the box at every opportunity as a short term solution in his absence (look at his assists under Slade). And as others have said, I have no issues with him being used as an experienced hard worker who can help see off matches. What does worry me though is his insistance that he's a striker, when clearly his goalscoring record suggests otherwise. However, he might have backed down on that one, as Poyet put him on as a wideman a few times last season (including in his first game).

I certainly don't see it as a problem having an experienced, versatile, 100% player around the squad picking up a relatively small pay cheque. What I do see as a problem is not strengthening in the key areas - left midfield and goalscoring centre forward, but hopefully Poyet will sort that out in the next couple of weeks.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It does seem a bit rich that you defend a player to the hilt, claiming that another poster has an agenda against the player in question. YOu have admitted that.

Hans has a case as Haert has produced very little in the last 12 months, but there are invisible attributes not for the matchday fan.

I see Martot was a member of the squad that made the league cup final and lost out to Bordeaux, despite beating a couple of Ligue 1 teams on the way.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
It does seem a bit rich that you defend a player to the hilt, claiming that another poster has an agenda against the player in question. YOu have admitted that.

Hans has a case as Haert has produced very little in the last 12 months, but there are invisible attributes not for the matchday fan.

I see Martot was a member of the squad that made the league cup final and lost out to Bordeaux, despite beating a couple of Ligue 1 teams on the way.
As Doug says.......try stringing a sentence together.

I just had to remind you,sorry BOF.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So much crap written about Hart and that he should have retired two years ago etc.

It must be hard for him to have much impact on a game when he only gets a run out once in a while and that's only for about 20 mins.

He cannot even be up to match speed when he plays so little.I'm not saying he should start but lay off the guy. He will always give 100%.

It really isn't a big deal or costing us much money.

Oh and Paul? i bet your drinking red wine.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thought i'd quickly reply to this before I go to bed:

In several threads and posts recently you've suggested Hart isn't up to it as a footballer at this level anymore. It is total pedantry to suggest that claiming someone isn't good enough in their profession anymore, and posting a "what's the point" shrugging soldiers smiley can't be considering as "slating" someone. Feel free to go down that route however, but it's irrelevent to the discussion.

Anyway, what's clear is you don't rate Hart as a League 1 player any more. You've said it time and time again this summer and throughout last season, sometimes in much more forceful or even offensive ways than you've used here. I just find it a little hypocritical that not so long ago you were criticising me for having a vendetta against a player, that's all. Fair play though, you've had a lot less vendetta's than me over the past few seasons...

I have noticed Scott and Brett's comments, but there is no hypocricy in them, and they are not repeating what they've said countless times before, hence I've "not noticed" then - despite the fact that I've made one reply to the thread starter (who generally is the first person you reply to, no?) Also, I've argued about Gary Hart with Scott in the flesh plenty of times in the flesh - there's no need to do it again over NSC.

For what it's worth, I think Hart has his uses, although they are clearly limited now. But all the while he's the second best crosser of the ball at the club (behind only Bennett) I'm happy for him to have a "cheap" contract. If Bennett gets injured we're in trouble, but i'd be quite happy to see Hart hogging the touchline and slinging crosses into the box at every opportunity as a short term solution in his absence (look at his assists under Slade). And as others have said, I have no issues with him being used as an experienced hard worker who can help see off matches. What does worry me though is his insistance that he's a striker, when clearly his goalscoring record suggests otherwise. However, he might have backed down on that one, as Poyet put him on as a wideman a few times last season (including in his first game).

I certainly don't see it as a problem having an experienced, versatile, 100% player around the squad picking up a relatively small pay cheque. What I do see as a problem is not strengthening in the key areas - left midfield and goalscoring centre forward, but hopefully Poyet will sort that out in the next couple of weeks.

As that's a pretty fair reply, I'll respond in kind.

Firstly, I don't necessarily think Harty is 'not up to League 1 football' anymore. I don't think he is good enough to make a meaningful contribution at the top end of the division. [When he was out of contract at the end of the season, not too many were worried that Southampton or Huddersfield might snatch him from us.] In fact last season we hovered above the relegation zone for months, and he still couldn't get a game.

I don't know what he's paid a week, and I imagine no-one else here does, either. He may be 'value' but whatever the figure is, it could equally be spent on bringing through a couple of young players. Its not only the money either - if Hart is taking a spot on the bench, every week, but never coming on, someone else could be benefitting from that experience. I'd rather see Caskey there, frankly.

Hart was great for a month at the end of the season before last, but it was one month in YEARS. The point I keep repeating [and have in this very thread] that you're ignoring, is that its HARTY's OWN point of view, I don't understand. Is he going to look back on his career when he hangs up his boots, and realise that he's basically wasted the best part of it sitting on his arse, when he could have played a big, big part elsewhere, playing 40 games a year, and scoring goals, perhaps in L2 or a top conference club.

Finally, there is no 'vendetta'. It's an honest assesment of the situation, as I see it. Its nothing at all personal, against Gary Hart. Why would there be? I don't KNOW him. Its rational debate - nothing more. I've never got personal, unlike some. Nor, unlike some have I invented hilarious derogatory nicknames for him, like 'Barndoor', etc. Nor unlike others, have I 'jokingly' wished that a player would contract a disease and die.

Anyway, carry on.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Surely Hart's contract isn't breaking the bank and he is the continuity man. He offers Poyet cheap cover, is experience in the dressing room and on the training ground and you know what you are getting?

Plus, I imagine, he may be part of a longer term strategy for coaching or another club role?

D

Deleted User X18H

Is my memory playing tricks on me, or did Harty spend a fair whack of last season injured?

Is my memory playing tricks on me?

Not really he was usually a non playing substitute he played against Southampton as sub in November and was featuring as sub until about March. The previous season he got injured in September and was out until March.

Early onset Alzheimer's they call it:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here