Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 137 38.4%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 199 55.7%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

papachris

I would prefer Ukraine to cede some land than a never ending bloody , expensive war.
I guess it's lucky for you that your home probably isn't in those occupied parts of Ukraine. But imagine if it was, how would you feel about, another country's leader saying - it's ok just let Putin have it?
Because Putin won't stop there!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Fortunately it’s not your decision, it’s Ukraine’s. And I suspect they’d tell you to Засунь це собі в дупу

It's not Ukraine's choice, they can just about hang on with just Europe's help.
Let’s be honest, there is no way Ukraine comes out of this war without being carved up.

Couple of choices

1) continue the blood bath with the same end result with the possibly that further conflict kicks off WW3

2)peace deal that surrenders the eastern regions to Russia but grants the remaining parts of Ukraine NATO membership. This will stop the killing and destruction of infrastructure and will stop further advancements of Russia within Ukraine as Putin won't go up against NATO.

I don't like bowing down to bullies but sometimes you have to be pragmatic.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Trump took Rudy to court? I thought Rudy was doing all the lying for Trump?
No one person could do "all the lying for Trump", it takes an entire cult and a swathe of corrupt politicians to fall in line and help him to promulgate the lies so frequently and so obviously - and so blatantly.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Let’s be honest, there is no way Ukraine comes out of this war without being carved up.

Couple of choices

1) continue the blood bath with the same end result with the possibly that further conflict kicks off WW3

2)peace deal that surrenders the eastern regions to Russia but grants the remaining parts of Ukraine NATO membership. This will stop the killing and destruction of infrastructure and will stop further advancements of Russia within Ukraine as Putin won't go up against NATO.

I really can't work out if you are just utterly naive, a pro Putin apologist a MAGA obsessive or a combination of all three. Trump is hardly pro NATO, Putin won't settle for a NATO nation bordering illegally occupied Ukraine. Then do we say to Israel they can have what they want in Gaza?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
She is pretty bad in interviews, that's not controversial or news, you just need to watch her.

Trump seems to go for more interviews of talking nonsense, which seems to stick.
My questions so stand though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Couple of choices

And that nice Mr Putin gets a stern finger wag and we tell him “now don’t do that again”. That’ll learn him.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

Couple of choices

So were you in favor of abandoning the Falkland Islands, or Islas Malvinas as you'd presumably have it, to Argentina then?

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
To analyze a candidate’s best path to 270 electoral college votes, we typically start with the last election and then say, “which states can they afford to lose?” And “which states could they possibly gain?”

For Kamala Harris, she must hold the “Blue Line” of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania” - but she can afford to lose two states Biden surprisingly won: Georgia and Arizona. I live in North Carolina, where Obama won but then Trump won twice (against Clinton and Biden). I doubt our state flips to the Democrats… But Harris's campaign stops here all the time/ forcing Trump to spent time and money defending these electoral votes.

I agree with the pundits that say, “whomever wins Pennsylvania, takes the presidency.” For Harris, it’s a “must win state” but for Trump, he can still eke out a victory without Pennsylvania- it’s just much more difficult for him. He would have to run the table in all the other swing states.
And they call that democracy?? ffs!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I think most are already resigned to Trump winning - so I'm not sure there will be many pringles required.
I remain convinced that there is not enough stupid americans that will vote for a convicted fraudster and vote him into the White House. Trump is dependent on keeping his cult-like followers in line and hasn't/won't convince enough independants/undecided voters to win the day.
I hope and believe that the result will be significantly in favour of Kamala and the Democrats.

(There, I've said it!)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I remain convinced that there is not enough stupid americans that will vote for a convicted fraudster and vote him into the White House. Trump is dependent on keeping his cult-like followers in line and hasn't/won't convince enough independants/undecided voters to win the day.
I hope and believe that the result will be significantly in favour of Kamala and the Democrats.

(There, I've said it!)
One more time. It doesn't matter if Harris gets the majority of the popular vote. It only matters who wins the few undecided or mildly decided in the 7 battleground states.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Usa burnt to the ground last time trump was prez. Oh no , actually it didnt and there was a lot less worldwide unrest then.
:rolleyes:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

North Carolina Supporter

American Seagull
NSC Patron
Good to have the on-the-spot info - thanks.

Would it be possible to explain a couple of other things as well if you have the time/inclination?

I don't quite understand the mail-in ballots. How come they seem to be counted after the event? Over here they are all counted at the same time as the 'on the day' votes - so it's all announced at once. This is what Trump went on about last time - that he was winning at the end of the day, but then the mail-in votes turned it around in some states. (and therefore was rigged....)

I also don't fully understand the early voting. This was in the Guardian - what's happening here, it looks very much like votes being counted already? I'm assuming it's validation or something, but surely it gives an idea of where things are heading long before polling day?

Cheers

View attachment 191303
In the US, early voting statutes are enacted at the state level. So, we have 50 different sets of laws regulating a) the time period b) the proof of identification and c) the ballot counting process. It’s a mess. Generally speaking, there are a few weeks prior to Election Day when you can vote either in person or by mail. This has greatly increased voter participation. The fraud is (of course) greatly exaggerated by the losing candidate. It will come as no surprise that Trump voted by mail while shouting that it was a corrupt way to vote. Also, his chief of staff, Mark Meadows, was one of only a handful of North Carolina voters charged with voter fraud. Oh the irony….

Digression: There has been a contentious debate in the US over voter ID laws. The republicans want to require a picture ID (drivers license or passport) the democrats think this is racist because many of their supporters are minorities- and don’t have a picture ID. Interestingly, some polls of African-Americans showed that they generally support voter ID rules. (Similarly, many liberal whites supported the Defund the Police movement- yet polls of African-Americans showed they wanted more police in their high crime neighborhoods, not less) Suffice to say, there are many policies like these where the white liberals think that they are speaking on behalf of minorities - but later discover they are not in agreement.)

For the super interested only- here is a site with all the various states and their rules… https://www.ncsl.org/elections-and-...mail-ballot-processing-and-counting-can-begin

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Trump will want an end to the war.
Pulling out support and rolling over so that the bad guys can walk into the ruins of a democracy does not constitute "an end to war", it simply promulgates uncertainty and continued hostility.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I would prefer Ukraine to cede some land than a never ending bloody , expensive war.
how very effing generous of you!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here