Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 137 38.4%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 199 55.7%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Usa burnt to the ground last time trump was prez. Oh no , actually it didnt and there was a lot less worldwide unrest then.

You don't understand nuance do you?

If Russia weren't at war with Ukraine I wouldn't be so worried about Trump winning. But they are at war, and there's a chance that Trump will support Russia, causing serious ramifications around the world (not to mention the deaths it would cause in Ukraine).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why isn't Musk being investigated for election interference ? Being allowed to give away $1M to a lucky Republican voter at events seems very dodgy.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Why isn't Musk being investigated for election interference ? Being allowed to give away $1M to a lucky Republican voter at events seems very dodgy.
See my post above on this.

Subsequently following Musk receiving a warning letter from the DoJ about the giveaway infringing election finance laws, Musk did not announce the giveaway. Instead, he is messaging the money for a “job” to help his PAC. However, finance experts say this hasn’t changed to fine print on the website.

The difficulty the DoJ has is needing to avoid controversy - especially from Trump whose behaviour has already proven to be very damaging to America’s institutions. Bringing indictments against anyone involved in politics so close to a Presidential Election is fraught with landmines.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
WTF are you talking about? She's been on CNN, MSN, CBS 60 minutes and even Fox. Trump, meanwhile, has backed out of a second debate and 60 minutes and won't do any media except Town Halls with hand-picked MAGA audiences and Fox.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trump will want an end to the war.

Yes, in Russia's favour. Trump would be happy for Ukraine to surrender, and there you go, the war has ended. Except for the people living there, for whom the nightmare begins.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would prefer Ukraine to cede some land than a never ending bloody , expensive war.

And what about what Ukraine want?

Would you have preferred Britain to cede some land rather than the never ending bloody, expensive second world war?

Jul 20, 2003
I would prefer Ukraine to cede some land than a never ending bloody , expensive war.

Of coure, if only people hadn't got sniffy about Germany (and the USSR ... and a few Slovakians) invading Poland in 1939 everything would have been fine.

Great call, bravo.

Peace through going belly up

Wonderful.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The most accurate aggregator of American political data has been Nate Silver. He sold his polling analytics to ABC News a few years ago… but has reemerged with the Silver Bulletin. Here is a screenshot of his latest swing state data.
That's concerning. Pennsylvania is the big one and KH needs to get over the line there. A question: will Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin be enough for a Democrat victory (so long as they get their non-marginal/swing states)?

Edit: apologies -- I've just seen your post 7326 which pretty much answers this.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Do you mean more land?

Russia has already been illegally occupying the Crimea since 2014 which they annexed in violation of international law (that Trump was very impressed with btw).

In 2022, Russia further annexed Donetsk, Kherson, Luhansk and Zaporizhzhia Oblasts (which is why RDZ left Ukraine btw and why the top team in Ukraine, Shakhtar Donetsk FC is now homeless)

You don’t know what territorial plans Putin has for Ukraine because he hasn’t made it clear but if you think by conceding territorial rights over the Crimea and East of the Dnipro River, Putin will no longer pose a territorial threat to Ukraine, I think you are very much mistaken.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That's concerning. Pennsylvania is the big one and KH needs to get over the line there. A question: will Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin be enough for a Democrat victory (so long as they get their non-marginal/swing states)?
Yes, but it is looking a tough ask.

Forgive the self-indulgence but I’m posting a letter I just received from my family Stateside, living in Michigan (and news of some family members who live in NYC but are campaigning in Philly) as it really gives an insight into what it’s like out there in just one key swing State (they are all Jewish btw)

Sorry it’s a bit long …

Hi, xxxxxx

Loved getting your note, and a short update is OK.

We are told here that polling shows a probable Trump win and in any case a very close election. Xxxx and I, and most of our friends, do not understand how an election between a would-be autocrat who cares nothing about our military, our general citizenry and the constitution, could gain that many votes. I had an interesting, but brief, discussion with a woman I've known for decades (but she has never been a friend). The subject came up of thinking Hitler did good things, etc.--‘Who’, said this Jewish woman, ‘could have said that’? We responded that Trump said it. ‘Oh’ said she, ‘bad reporting and taken out of context’.

She actually had taught on the college level--albeit a third-rate school if even that high.

But if that's an insight into the Republican mind, the U.S. is in deep trouble.

Two different couples we're friendly with, all Harris voters, will leave for a vacation before Election Day. One couple is coming to the UK, won't return until mid-November. I could not persuade Xxxx to run away with me, so we're staying at home. But I fear the worst, and keep hoping, and working for, a Harris victory, as well as Democrats in the down-ballot races. I've written out checks, written to strangers to encourage them to vote (based on lists gathered by determined organizations on our side, like pro-choice). Worked on a voter registration drive at a local college.

Xxxxxxx and I think, Xxxxx and the children, were in Philadelphia last weekend to knock on doors to encourage people to vote. This weekend they're making calls to Michigan to get out the vote.

XXxx and I voted the day after the absentee ballots arrived, and then I drove them downtown to our local clerk's office. We both voted straight Democratic ticket. Most of our friends did the same. In Michigan, the state pays the postage if ballots are mailed, so no one can have a ballot rejected because of insufficient postage :)

And yes this is all chaotic and frightening….”

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Fortunately it’s not your decision, it’s Ukraine’s. And I suspect they’d tell you to Засунь це собі в дупу

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here