Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 137 38.4%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 199 55.7%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The strange/funny part of that court decision is that money owed to Rudy is part of the money that the 2 offended poll workers can collect. So the judge will be allowing the 2 poll workers to go after the money that Trump owes Rudy through lawyer work that Rudy had not been paid for as of yet. totaling roughly US$2 million

It's just a shame that Musk/Russia can simply pay for everything

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
The so called Trump Video hasn't dropped....yet, if it ever does or is even real who knows?,

so this is pure speculation, but a lot of posts on X today alleging ties to those in media who have been advised/offered story and saying its not about Trump groping a minor, but rather proof that his first "assassination attempt" in Butler was staged. The head of the FBI Christopher Wray is a Trump appointee

Again, who knows if any of it is true or Chinese whispers, but that's the accusation from multiple accounts and its doing rounds.

It's entirely possible that there is no video and it's all bullshit.

But, if there was one, you wouldn't drop it in a Friday afternoon or any time over the weekend. That's where news stories go to die.

If there is anything to this, I'd expect to see it drop tomorrow.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No they aren't.

They are keeping Trump away from anything other than fawning amateur interviewers that'll throw him only softball.

And then he still rambles incoherently.
Yes. Harris comes across well in interviews. How anybody can be thick enough to even imagine in their wildest dreams that a Trump presidency is a good idea is beyond belief, let alone millions of them.
Even in America.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No they aren't.

They are keeping Trump away from anything other than fawning amateur interviewers that'll throw him only softball.

And then he still rambles incoherently.
The fact a stoner made Trump look even more stupid I’m not sure the Rogan interview is a ‘win’

North Carolina Supporter

American Seagull
NSC Patron
So what would that mean in terms of electoral college votes?
To analyze a candidate’s best path to 270 electoral college votes, we typically start with the last election and then say, “which states can they afford to lose?” And “which states could they possibly gain?”

For Kamala Harris, she must hold the “Blue Line” of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania” - but she can afford to lose two states Biden surprisingly won: Georgia and Arizona. I live in North Carolina, where Obama won but then Trump won twice (against Clinton and Biden). I doubt our state flips to the Democrats… But Harris's campaign stops here all the time/ forcing Trump to spent time and money defending these electoral votes.

I agree with the pundits that say, “whomever wins Pennsylvania, takes the presidency.” For Harris, it’s a “must win state” but for Trump, he can still eke out a victory without Pennsylvania- it’s just much more difficult for him. He would have to run the table in all the other swing states.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To analyze a candidate’s best path to 270 electoral college votes, we typically start with the last election and then say, “which states can they afford to lose?” And “which states could they possibly gain?”

For Kamala Harris, she must hold the “Blue Line” of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania” - but she can afford to lose two states Biden surprisingly won: Georgia and Arizona. I live in North Carolina, where Obama won but then Trump won twice (against Clinton and Biden). I doubt our state flips to the Democrats… But Harris's campaign stops here all the time/ forcing Trump to spent time and money defending these electoral votes.

I agree with the pundits that say, “whomever wins Pennsylvania, takes the presidency.” For Harris, it’s a “must win state” but for Trump, he can still eke out a victory without Pennsylvania- it’s just much more difficult for him. He would have to run the table in all the other swing states.

Useful, thanks.

What date/time are we likely to get the a) an indication of expected result and b) the actual result of: Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania?

North Carolina Supporter

American Seagull
NSC Patron
Standard Trump.

Is Joe supporting him or not?
Here is another frustrating thing about the Harris campaign- she “could not find time to meet with Joe Rogan” who has over 15 million listeners. Instead, she went on the “Call Her Daddy” podcast - that covers sexual relationships… and “All the Smoke” with ex-NBA players. Bizarre strategy! So, Rogan finally agreed to interview Trump (after turning him down multiple times)… Rogan has a lot of independent young voters - and she now appears frightened of him in their eyes… not smart.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Standard Trump.

Is Joe supporting him or not?

Rogan pretty much doesn't support anyone he is a soft interview because he doesn't push back that well but mostly schmoozes his interviewees with acceptance of their ideas and delving into the answer. When Trump was asked, by Rogan, about the 2020 election Rogan followed up with a question of why Trump had not sued in court if there was plenty of election cheating in 2020 and Trump stuttered and then said some word salad much like he was developing concepts of a healthcare plan.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Here is another frustrating thing about the Harris campaign- she “could not find time to meet with Joe Rogan” who has over 15 million listeners. Instead, she went on the “Call Her Daddy” podcast - that covers sexual relationships… and “All the Smoke” with ex-NBA players. Bizarre strategy! So, Rogan finally agreed to interview Trump (after turning him down multiple times)… Rogan has a lot of independent young voters - and she now appears frightened of him in their eyes… not smart.

Well it depends whether Joe is going to do a fair interview with her, or is just going to spout Trump nonsense.

Given the response from Albion above, it does indeed seem strange she hasn't taken the interview.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
There’s going to be drama, flounces, legal suits and dummies being spat out come November 6th and that’s just on NSC , gotta love an election in another country, Harris wins and all hell breaks loose, Frump wins and all hell breaks loose, i’m getting the pringles in for this one 😂😂👏

North Carolina Supporter

American Seagull
NSC Patron
Useful, thanks.

What date/time are we likely to get the a) an indication of expected result and b) the actual result of: Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania?
In the US, the media has agreed to not “declare a winner” until after the polls are closed in any particular state. For example, in Pennsylvania, the polls “close” at 8pm- but most counties allow anyone in the line at 8pm to cast their ballot. So- the local polling places don’t submit their totals until hours later… therefore, the media rely heavily on “exit polling” where they try to ask a representative cross-section of voters to share their vote. This is inherently dangerous because a significant number of Trump voters either lie or don’t answer- whereas Harris voters will more likely talk to reporters - this skews some exit polls by ~2%. (Similar issue with pre-vote polls… Trump often gets 1% to 2% more than polls would suggest) this does not bode well for Harris in crucial swing states.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
therefore, the media rely heavily on “exit polling” where they try to ask a representative cross-section of voters to share their vote. This is inherently dangerous because a significant number of Trump voters either lie or don’t answer- whereas Harris voters will more likely talk to reporters - this skews some exit polls by ~2%. (Similar issue with pre-vote polls… Trump often gets 1% to 2% more than polls would suggest) this does not bode well for Harris in crucial swing states.

We've been told the pollsters have taken precautions to make sure this doesn't happen in the future by not relying as much on exit polls and systems that have caused issues in past elections. All I can say is thoughts and prayers and wear your lucky underwear. You might not be able to change it for days though so make sure they have been washed before putting them on.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There’s going to be drama, flounces, legal suits and dummies being spat out come November 6th and that’s just on NSC , gotta love an election in another country, Harris wins and all hell breaks loose, Frump wins and all hell breaks loose, i’m getting the pringles in for this one 😂😂👏

If Trump wins, how can you sit there eating pringles while the world burns?

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
In the US, the media has agreed to not “declare a winner” until after the polls are closed in any particular state. For example, in Pennsylvania, the polls “close” at 8pm- but most counties allow anyone in the line at 8pm to cast their ballot. So- the local polling places don’t submit their totals until hours later… therefore, the media rely heavily on “exit polling” where they try to ask a representative cross-section of voters to share their vote. This is inherently dangerous because a significant number of Trump voters either lie or don’t answer- whereas Harris voters will more likely talk to reporters - this skews some exit polls by ~2%. (Similar issue with pre-vote polls… Trump often gets 1% to 2% more than polls would suggest) this does not bode well for Harris in crucial swing states.
Good to have the on-the-spot info - thanks.

Would it be possible to explain a couple of other things as well if you have the time/inclination?

I don't quite understand the mail-in ballots. How come they seem to be counted after the event? Over here they are all counted at the same time as the 'on the day' votes - so it's all announced at once. This is what Trump went on about last time - that he was winning at the end of the day, but then the mail-in votes turned it around in some states. (and therefore was rigged....)

I also don't fully understand the early voting. This was in the Guardian - what's happening here, it looks very much like votes being counted already? I'm assuming it's validation or something, but surely it gives an idea of where things are heading long before polling day?

Cheers

1730041950558.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

So when will we have an idea of the result?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think most are already resigned to Trump winning - so I'm not sure there will be many pringles required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here