Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 132 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 199 56.5%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Do you agree that Jack Smith should be deported. And why?

View attachment 191167

I've already posted that one of Trumps main "Trumpisms", is the flipping of at the end of the sentence, like the NATO/Russia bit "and I hope they invade"

If I say I hope Palace go down and miss a step and crash into the first division. you get the humour there? You know that cant happen? You are being played by the MSM.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I've already posted that one of Trumps main "Trumpisms", is the flipping of at the end of the sentence, like the NATO/Russia bit "and I hope they invade"

If I say I hope Palace go down and miss a step and crash into the first division. you get the humour there? You know that cant happen? You are being played by the MSM.
So - do you agree with Trump that Jack Smith should be deported?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

You know as much as we diverge politically, I think you have a point that some may be missing … (although that‘s nothing to crow about)

I disagree though that it is MSM ‘playing’ those of us watching from the sidelines.

Trump is a PR aficionado - he knows full well that the ‘Trumpisms’ you highlight court controversy and controversy attracts media coverage. He is like the Prince Harry of American politics - he invites press attention by being not just controversial but by heavily attacking the Press and saying he hates them.

- Harris, already made partially invisible by virtue of her Office, has not been able to match the media frenzy surrounding Trump.

He has effectively drowned her out.

Mind you - He is also the only candidate with the experience of running the Presidency on a Twitter account from the President’s bedroom while eating beef - burgers or running the US State Department for the foreign office at a luxury golf-club resort in Florida - that gives him some advantage with millennial couch potatoes I guess!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Read my post. I said Trump is "unbelievably awful". So, no I don't think the alternative to Harris is a better option. There is no better option. Americans are stuck with a choice between two wholly unacceptable candidates.
One is a fash, the other isn’t

It’s not hard

What has Harris done to be compared with a sex offending racist convicted felon?

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022

Mind you - He is also the only candidate with the experience of running the Presidency on a Twitter account from the President’s bedroom while eating beef - burgers or running the US State Department for the foreign office at a luxury golf-club resort in Florida - that gives him some advantage with millennial couch potatoes I guess!
She has been hiding, she turned down an appearance on the Joe Rogan Experience. Which i am now of to watch for 3 hours so will spread it over a few days.

TTFN

Randy McNob

> > > > > > Cardiff > > > > >
Jun 13, 2020
What would Trump have to do to gain your support?
concede to the Democrats, admit virtually everything he says is bollox which he makes up as he goes along, full and frank apology for the insurection, apologies to all the people he's insulted and defamed, plead guilty to all charges for election fraud, liquidate all his assets and business empire and donate it all to migrant charities

Actually forget it, I wouldn't piss on him is he was on fire even if he did all that

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You know as much as we diverge politically, I think you have a point that some may be missing … (although that‘s nothing to crow about)

I disagree though that it is MSM ‘playing’ those of us watching from the sidelines.

Trump is a PR aficionado - he knows full well that the ‘Trumpisms’ you highlight court controversy and controversy attracts media coverage. He is like the Prince Harry of American politics - he invites press attention by being not just controversial but by heavily attacking the Press and saying he hates them.

- Harris, already made partially invisible by virtue of her Office, has not been able to match the media frenzy surrounding Trump.

thats a poor reading, Harris is outspending Trump by a considerable margin, and having office has not been seen as in impediment before. trouble is she's lost the earlier momentum and seems to have gone quiet, or not got anything much to say to the middle ground. unfortunate because Trump hasn't been able to raise funds to compete but doing better anyway. Trump may be winning on social media living by the adage there's no such thing as bad publicity.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
thats a poor reading, Harris is outspending Trump by a considerable margin, and having office has not been seen as in impediment before.
I didn’t say it was an impediment - I said Trump is winning the airtime - however, compared to the Presidency, the role of the Vice President is generally accepted as low key cf to the Presidency - Also don’t forget we have a President who has only served one term, usually the incumbent has an advantage - not so the Democrats this time, partly because Trump has also served one term.
trouble is she's lost the earlier momentum and seems to have gone quiet, or not got anything much to say to the middle ground.
Agree with this
unfortunate because Trump hasn't been able to raise funds to compete but doing better anyway.
What £75 million from Musk plus £1 million a day !?🤔 One reason Trump is relatively stretched is because he’s been spending fundraising efforts to get his supporters to pay for his legal fees.
Trump may be winning on social media living by the adage there's no such thing as bad publicity.
Well yes exactly - that was the whole point of my post 🤔🙂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here