Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 136 38.2%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 199 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
is this another example of her being held to different standards.

1730085077268.png

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I would prefer Ukraine to cede some land than a never ending bloody , expensive war.
Oh you would, would you. Consigning 5m Ukrainians to a genocidal fascist dictatorship so you can live happily ever after?

"I would prefer France to cede some land than a never ending bloody, expensive war"

Dwayne circa 1943

Last edited:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

If those clips and this one don't make you shudder inside - even our Trump cultists on here - then I worry for you. These are vile vile people.

The ones I worry about are all those in the States who will speak out against Trump if he gets elected
I worry about Jews, Mexicans, Latinos, Blacks, LBGTs; I worry for the safety of women who’ve terminated their pregnancy; anyone who was born in the States to undocumented migrants; I worry about anyone in public office, the judiciary or who works for the media who take a position other than being fully supportive of this fascist who could soon be POTUS. I worry about my Black relatives, my Jewish relatives and anyone else whose family live in the States or who lives in the States themselves.

I worry for America and all of us because for many analysts and for Democrats in the US, it is looking increasingly likely that Trump will be reelected.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Top Democrats not confident - Harris has a lot to overcome and while Trump can get away with saying absolutely anything, she is expected to be ‘flawless’.

“We can't ignore the reality that no matter what Harris says or does, this country has never elected a woman president and only once elected a Black president. It's never elected a Black woman. Toss in broad concerns about immigration and inflation, and it's a lot to overcome, her advisers say.”

Harris must convince people to vote for her and stop wasting time and money trying to convince people not to vote for Trump.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The Wall Street Journal reported on this a few days ago and said that Rohan offered Harris… but her campaign said they did not have time… yet she found time to do others… Trump was his typical rambling incoherent self- and Rogan did not push back…
Except he took the piss out of Trump's ear that magically regrew.

Last edited:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Top Democrats not confident - Harris has a lot to overcome and while Trump can get away with saying absolutely anything, she is expected to be ‘flawless’.

“We can't ignore the reality that no matter what Harris says or does, this country has never elected a woman president and only once elected a Black president. It's never elected a Black woman. Toss in broad concerns about immigration and inflation, and it's a lot to overcome, her advisers say.”

Harris must convince people to vote for her and stop wasting time and money trying to convince people not to vote for Trump.
It's too close to call - the betting markets have been distorted (allegedly) by huge bets from the Billionaire's club - the projection of uber confidence is also (allegedly) designed to consign potential Harris voters to resignation and apathy. I cling to the hope that women tend to vote in larger numbers than men - it's scary times for sure,

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's too close to call - the betting markets have been distorted (allegedly) by huge bets from the Billionaire's club - the projection of uber confidence is also (allegedly) designed to consign potential Harris voters to resignation and apathy. I cling to the hope that women tend to vote in larger numbers than men - it's scary times for sure,
I think this is the case. It really depends who you are asking when getting a feel for how this election will go. MAGA convinced they are going to walk it, angry left wingers doubling down on disillusion with Harris but in other quarters you can hear tales of first time voters, old-fashioned republicans and a motivated female vote coming out for Harris.

Based on nothing but gut instinct I think Harris will win. Trump has his MAGA base but he is doing nothing to win over independents and old school republican voters. I also feel the new generation voters who were not eligible last time round have been heavily discounted. I also feel that women have been ignored by the GOP at their peril. This weekends rally and it's anti-Puerto Rico (and by default Latino) racism will prove counter productive in a demographic where ironically Trump had been making progress.

The doom and gloom has kept the Democratic machine fighting for every vote and I believe the work is being putting into maximise getting the vote out. On balance I think Harris wins but I will remain nervous until the result is finally declared.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yeah I have been saying that for weeks - problem is my comments you quoted are based on word of mouth opinions I have heard from the Democratic Party in Michigan.

They are not basing their concerns on opinion polls but on what is happening on the ground and feelings within the campaign team.

Maybe you missed my previous post - apparently a Republican leaning Jewish woman my Aunt spoke to in the week actually said Trump’s comments about Hitler in the press was bad reporting/fake news!

That is what they are up against.

edit - agree with your interesting comment about the betting syndicates

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
One more time. It doesn't matter if Harris gets the majority of the popular vote. It only matters who wins the few undecided or mildly decided in the 7 battleground states.
Yes, I do know that, thank you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here