Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 136 38.2%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 199 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

If those clips and this one don't make you shudder inside - even our Trump cultists on here - then I worry for you. These are vile vile people.

The guy is so full of shit.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This weekends rally and it's anti-Puerto Rico (and by default Latino) racism will prove counter productive in a demographic where ironically Trump had been making progress.
You would think wouldn’t you?

But millions of women still support Trump despite the Access to Hollywood tapes etc. Heck, if a Jewish person is so taken in by Trump's electioneering that she would dismiss his disgusting admiration for Hitler as ‘fake news’ despite it being widely reported then I’m not going to hope anything that comes out of his mouth will significantly influence voters to swing away from Trump.

Yes it can go either way but the implications of it going to Trump are just huge.

edit

This is an interesting article on the Puerto Rican vote in Penn - personally I think it is issues like housing and the economy as well as abortion that will influence their vote rather than Trump being rude about Puerto Rico tbh but it’s too close and complex to decipher who Peurto Ricans will vote as a block

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I think that Speaker of the House Johnson isn't spoken about enough. Has there ever been a more invertebrate Speaker? He is just a shill for Trump, who inherited the job after the extreme chaos of the McCarthy ejection - prompted by a small handful of extremists. The behaviour of the elected Republicans isn't criticised enough because of how mental Trump is, but there's criticism for Republicans in the Senate and the House which isn't being appropriately doled out.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
You would think wouldn’t you?

But millions of women still support Trump despite the Access to Hollywood tapes etc. Heck, if a Jewish person is so taken in by Trump's electioneering that she would dismiss his disgusting admiration for Hitler as ‘fake news’ despite it being widely reported then I’m not going to hope anything that comes out of his mouth will significantly influence voters to swing away from Trump.

Yes it can go either way but the implications of it going to Trump are just huge.

edit

This is an interesting article on the Puerto Rican vote in Penn - personally I think it is issues like housing and the economy as well as abortion that will influence their vote rather than Trump being rude about Puerto Rico tbh but it’s too close and complex to decipher who Peurto Ricans will vote as a block
Nothing will dissuade hardcore Trump supporters but I think we make the mistake that his entire support is the MAGA base. Trump cannot win with the base alone, it's not big enough. He needs regular not batshit crazy republican votes and people who do not regularly vote Democrat. It's true that Trump has made significant in roads into Latino support which makes his rhetoric even more bizarre.

In the online sphere big hitting Puerto Rican personalities such as Bad Bunny and Ricky Martin have responded vehemently.

You cannot judge all Americans by those we would regard as the worst of them, the silent majority has consistently rejected Trump's divisive rhetoric and disgusting personal behaviour. Donald has yet to win the popular vote or even get close. Since Roe v Wade has been over turned every single ballot measure to oppose that has been won by the pro-choice lobby.

I do not think Trump looks like a winner at the moment. Donald is a tired and bitter man who is now reduced to spewing the hate and the self pitying victim card, he is offering nothing. Harris is being judged by a totally different standard, policy positions being nit-picked whilst Trump's senility is continually indulged by the media, the non-partisan voter sees this and I believe they will make their judgement known on November 5th.

TLDR
Not all Americans are fools, trust those people

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
TLDR
Not all Americans are fools, trust those people

I certainly don’t think all Americans are fools - um half my family are American on my late father’s side but you are underestimating the disenchantment many moderate Americans have with Biden/Harris Administration if you think Trump does not have a very good chance of winning this. And that there is the concern.

As for trusting people, I trust what my American relatives that are directly involved in working for the Democratic Party in Michigan are saying to me privately more than English people commenting on an internet forum ( that includes me!) -

I will say it again, because your long post presents itself as a contradiction to my earlier comments, there is a really feeling of growing fear among Democratic residents in Michigan that Trump will win in Michigan and Pennsylvania and without both those States, Harris’s road to 270 electoral votes is essentially blocked or at least very unrealistic .

Sorry f that is not what you or others here want to hear but those are the facts.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I certainly don’t think all Americans are fools - um half my family are American on my late father’s side but you are underestimating the disenchantment many moderate Americans have with Biden/Harris Administration if you think Trump does not have a very good chance of winning this. And that there is the concern.

As for trusting people, I trust what my American relatives that are directly involved in working for the Democratic Party in Michigan are saying to me privately more than English people commenting on an internet forum ( that includes me!) -

I will say it again, because your long post presents itself as a contradiction to my earlier comments, there is a really feeling of growing fear among Democratic residents in Michigan that Trump will win in Michigan and Pennsylvania and without both those States, Harris’s road to 270 electoral votes is essentially blocked or at least very unrealistic .

Sorry f that is not what you or others here want to hear but those are the facts.
A "growing fear among Democratic residents" is a fact?

That sounds like an alternative fact to me. My bedsheets are dry.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If you really want to know why I am on Trumps side this 1 minute video nails it on the head, by a lefty Chris Cuomo.

Yes, I get it. I think Cuomo is partly right. I have ( had) a lot of respect for him when he used to anchor CNN - he’s an astute guy, It’s a reactionary thing. The ‘little man’ weaponising the ‘big man’ to cause mayhem and upset the apple cart.

But ’revolution‘ destroys and provides no solution - all it does is create a vacuum of power for something that could be far worse.

For Americans to vote for a man who will concede democratic power to billionaires and foreign dictators, all because they don’t like the Washington elites who ignore their needs and are angry with years of stalling legislation is so ironic you could not make it up.

You really need to see that Trump is not the answer to political reform in a liberal democracy - in fact he will do everything possible to take away the power vested in the people and endow it upon himself.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I believe you re Michigan because of Gaza the dems have alienated a significant part of the electorate. I think you may have misread the tone of post, I was not accusing you of think all Americans were fools. I think we both share concerns that Trump may win the election.

That said you hear different stories from different sources in this election and in other areas you find more optimism. For instance it maybe that Texas could be in play for the Dems as unlikely as that sounds, demographic changes and hardline abortion rules are influencing voters. There are stories coming from republican sources who are also downbeat about their chances.

I do not discount Trump's chances of winning, it's very close, I do however take issue with the prevailing narrative that he does have it in the bag and that the Dems have blown it. I'm seeing very positive campaigning from the Dems and hearing some resigned voices from the republican side. This election is full of information and it is an election where a lot of that information is difficult to trust.

I stand by my gut instinct that Harris will win, I do not rule out a Trump win.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A "growing fear among Democratic residents" is a fact?

That sounds like an alternative fact to me. My bedsheets are dry.
Yes of course.
Because that is what I have been told by people directly working within the party - I posted a letter up thread that partly testifies to that.

I am saying, there is a growing fear amongst Democrat party workers that Trump could win Michigan and Penn.

Do you dispute that? Or suggest that my source is lying? I think your over confidence and hubris as far as Penn and Michigan is concerned is unwarranted and the election there is closer than you think.

I believe you re Michigan because of Gaza the dems have alienated a significant part of the electorate.
Also there is a significant Jewish population in Michigan who knows Trump will be more pro-Israel in the current conflict than Harris. Pro- Palestinian voters are unlikely to vote for Trump but they could stay at home or spoil their ballots which could be as damaging.
I do not discount Trump's chances of winning, it's very close, I do however take issue with the prevailing narrative that he does have it in the bag and that the Dems have blown it.
We are on the same page really - it is much too close and nuanced to call - my gut reaction is that Harris will win the national vote by a decent margin but the electoral college in the swing states is a toss up.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I am very excited for this thread when Kamala Harris is declared the winner in the Electoral College and becomes the president-elect of the United States.
You can come back and tell me I was wrong, if it happens, but I think Trump will win, and win by a quite a margin.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think this is the case. It really depends who you are asking when getting a feel for how this election will go. MAGA convinced they are going to walk it, angry left wingers doubling down on disillusion with Harris but in other quarters you can hear tales of first time voters, old-fashioned republicans and a motivated female vote coming out for Harris.

Based on nothing but gut instinct I think Harris will win. Trump has his MAGA base but he is doing nothing to win over independents and old school republican voters. I also feel the new generation voters who were not eligible last time round have been heavily discounted. I also feel that women have been ignored by the GOP at their peril. This weekends rally and it's anti-Puerto Rico (and by default Latino) racism will prove counter productive in a demographic where ironically Trump had been making progress.

The doom and gloom has kept the Democratic machine fighting for every vote and I believe the work is being putting into maximise getting the vote out. On balance I think Harris wins but I will remain nervous until the result is finally declared.
I dont think this uber confidence or paying for BS skewed polls to is just to cause apathy or dissuade dems from voting, I personally believe that its all part of a planned "Stop the steal 2" attempted coup if Harris wins.

All these numbers and projections are so they can say, "its not possible we lost with such polling" and try to overturn the election, Trump last night said that he and Mike Johnson has a "little secret" that will be known after Nov 5th without elaborating, and it is the Republican controlled congress that ratifies vote.

I feel absolutely certain that all of this is leading towards a second attempted coup and a protracted fight of both legal avenues and even violence to install Trump if he doesn't win the electoral college.

And this Racist rally last night wasnt even a normal presidential campaign rally, it was a red meat incitement event to those Trump will call upon for violent insurrection if he loses and his second legal/legislative coup attempts get nowhere.

I hope Harris win overwhelmingly, as even if she wins and its close, all of this projection and uber confidence, is narrative forming for what is going to come after Nov 5th. This thing wont be over for months. Trump will think he literally has nothing to lose as he's going to jail anyway if he loses, so he will go all in for the coup.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You can come back and tell me I was wrong, if it happens, but I think Trump will win, and win by a quite a margin.
Of course you may be right, but I dont think you will be.

I feel confident Harris will win the electoral college by the votes, but that wont be the end of it. Trump wont concede and it will be a rerun of 2020 attempts at a coup, but much worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here