Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 135 38.0%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 199 56.1%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm not sure who will win, but I think when it comes to the final result I don't think it will be close.

If that makes sense.
Understand what you're saying - I think there's lot of 'shy' Republicans, who may not be MAGA cultists, but who ARE American first and they'll take him over the line.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I am very excited for this thread when Kamala Harris is declared the winner in the Electoral College and becomes the president-elect of the United States.
Stop trolling the thread by repeatedly calling people on this thread bedwetters and trying to be clever. We are acknowledging the tightness of the election like everyone else watching this election, including expert analysts - you seem to be the only person in the world with a glass ball apparently who is predicting the outcome with certainty that Harris will win. Obviously one of the two of them will win and both are running more or less a dead heat in swing states so both have pretty much even odds of winning.

Most of us know enough about the political reality in the States to say the election is too close to call.

So unless you are psychic, you are just guessing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Understand what you're saying - I think there's lot of 'shy' Republicans, who may not be MAGA cultists, but who ARE American first and they'll take him over the line.
I was just in the states and was watching something on the election, they suggested there maybe more shy Harris supporters than Trump as they don't want to be seen backing her

Guess we will see! It's all guess work.

Deadly Danson

NSC Patron
Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
If you really want to know why I am on Trumps side this 1 minute video nails it on the head, by a lefty Chris Cuomo.

In which case you'll be quite happy to admit that Trump is a vile human being, a liar, a criminal, a bore, a misogynistic racist bully who is nasty, stupid and rotten to his core, who likes to target minorities and only operates in crude, cruel, witless insults but none of that matters to you because of this "other" job he's supposedly (but not) doing? I'd have a great deal more respect for that line of thought however hollow that would make your soul.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I dont think this uber confidence or paying for BS skewed polls to is just to cause apathy or dissuade dems from voting, I personally believe that its all part of a planned "Stop the steal 2" attempted coup if Harris wins.

All these numbers and projections are so they can say, "its not possible we lost with such polling" and try to overturn the election, Trump last night said that he and Mike Johnson has a "little secret" that will be known after Nov 5th without elaborating, and it is the Republican controlled congress that ratifies vote.

I feel absolutely certain that all of this is leading towards a second attempted coup and a protracted fight of both legal avenues and even violence to install Trump if he doesn't win the electoral college.

And this Racist rally last night wasnt even a normal presidential campaign rally, it was a red meat incitement event to those Trump will call upon for violent insurrection if he loses and his second legal/legislative coup attempts get nowhere.

I hope Harris win overwhelmingly, as even if she wins and its close, all of this projection and uber confidence, is narrative forming for what is going to come after Nov 5th. This thing wont be over for months. Trump will think he literally has nothing to lose as he's going to jail anyway if he loses, so he will go all in for the coup.
I agree with this take also. Definitely laying the ground for a possible how could we lose scenario.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

US contingent election info below (secret? block certification of Harris states won and stop her reaching 270 - then try and send it to Congress to install Trump) that's the plan.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think it will all depend on Pennsylvania on November 5th , ironically with the Latino vote swinging it for Harris.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Of course you may be right, but I dont think you will be.

I feel confident Harris will win the electoral college by the votes, but that wont be the end of it. Trump wont concede and it will be a rerun of 2020 attempts at a coup, but much worse.
So genuine question, in the event of the above outcome - in 2020 Trump was the incumbent president. Does the fact that he isn't this time make things more straightforward? Apologies if that's a stupid question, all of my knowledge of the US electoral system comes from watching West Wing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here