Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 122 37.4%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 184 56.4%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
This is typical of a tribal supporter with inbedded hatred of other side who is wholly incapable of objective thinking.

There are a minority here who think every Labour leader is great, every Conservative and policy is terrible, who will always jump to defence of one and attack the other, and nothing can pierce that pre decided closed position.

It's called "confirmation bias"

Absolutely this. Its a fascinating study into the human psyche and one I can never get my head around. For example if the Tory party mandate was what I thought best for this country at the time I would vote for it. In the last election I thought change (however painful) is the right thing for this country, so I voted for it. But there are those amongst us (and on here) who probably do think like that, but then can't action it due to the blue red bias they have going on...

Its like this:

Would you let Trump be your childs teacher? No
Would you let Trump anywhere near your daughter? Take her out for dinner? No
Do you think Presidents need to be good role models? Yes
Should convicted criminals be Presidents? No
Do you think Trump tells the Truth? No
Is Trump Racist? Yes
Will you vote for Trump? Yes
Why? Don't know

Its something that fascinates me greatly, including how people vote for dictators and fascists as you point out...

So many things go into winning an election in a democracy....

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Elon Musk is Dominic Cummins, to Trump’s Boris Johnson, isn’t he? Just more powerful and thus more dangerous.

Yes indeed, Elon Musk is far more dangerous indeed. He has or owns platforms to deliver "content" more broadly than anyone to the youth of today, some of whom are not yet cynical enough to understand what is flashing before their eyes is manipulated, warped and or fake, hiding a narcissist with a clever but warped brain.

Exactly why Trump is dangerous, and why he built Truth Social. The need to say what you want to your followers by creating your own platforms, is incredibly clever yet dangerous to those who do not understand they are being manipluated.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Elon Musk is Dominic Cummins, to Trump’s Boris Johnson, isn’t he? Just more powerful and thus more dangerous.
Yes certainly there are parallels - I wouldn’t go as far as calling either Trump or Musk fascists ( see article I posted above) but a very dangerous combination - on his own Musk only has influence - but in tandem with a narcissistic and ego driven President who has no committed political convictions of his own, Musk has unelected and unaccountable political power in a way no ‘normal’ lobbyists have.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Pennsyvania - the swing state with the largest Jewish population — about 300,000 voting-age Jews in a state President Joe Biden won by roughly 80,000 votes in 2020.

Injecting a little bit of balance into this thread despite thoroughly agreeing with our stance on Trump (@Crawley Dingo and @lasvegan company excepted) and in no way letting this be a reason for supporting Trump:

I think Biden’s stance on Israel has been weak and ineffectual and Netanyahu has taken advantage of the current election to drag his feet to the negotiating table.

It’s a known fact Netanyahu favours a Trump win (Remember Trump’s ‘Peace Plan? - moving US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem/‘awarding’ Israel 2/3 of the West Bank/tearing up the Nuclear Deal with Iran to justify the current causus belli for Israel to ‘take out‘ Iran’s nuclear enrichment facilities)

Some political commentators now directly attributing the current escalation in the ME to Netanyahu taking advantage of Biden’s lame duck presidency.

Myself, I am appalled that while on the one hand Biden has repeatedly talked about red lines in the sand yet continued to arm Israel to the hilt for fear of alienating his Democratic supporters in the US.

“Netanyahu couldn’t have hoped for a more compliant accomplice than Biden himself, who has showered Israel with a record $17.9 billion in military aid as well as protecting Israel from facing any diplomatic or legal consequences from international organizations and allowing Israel to cross every red line Biden claimed was inviolable.”

This election is sending ripple effects around the world in a way that could have a profound effect on geo-politics not just based on outcome of who wins but by virtue that the election is even taking place at all.

I have not taken a side on the middle East I have enough yanking my chain so to speak.

I would say there has been a massive shift in Jewish voting in the US, from 80% Democrat to 45%. This is why a rigged state like Penn is in play and als Michagen. Trump doesn't need these if he wins the sunshine states which he is leading in.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
Why? That's what interests me. What is it that is turning people towards Trump right now?
A lot of people wait till late on before waying things up. 2 main movers are the falling standards of living and the realisation that all these illegal immigrants let in will have voting papers in 4 years and democracy is over, as Elon Musk says. Its not Trump who is a threat to democracy its the DNC establishment.

Any sniff of dodgy doings at the polls and its war. It wont stay in the USA either you will get a domino effect.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Any sniff of dodgy doings at the polls and its war. It wont stay in the USA either you will get a domino efeffect.
So basically like a f***ing petulant child, if Trump loses, it will be down to "dodgy doings" at the polls but if he wins then everything is fine and above board. Have you any idea how idiotic that is? It's literally like arguing with a toddler - "if we lose they cheated, if we win it was fair". Ridiculous. And as for the vile rhetoric against immigrants I despair.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
A lot of people wait till late on before waying things up. 2 main movers are the falling standards of living and the realisation that all these illegal immigrants let in will have voting papers in 4 years and democracy is over, as Elon Musk says. Its not Trump who is a threat to democracy its the DNC establishment.

Any sniff of dodgy doings at the polls and its war. It wont stay in the USA either you will get a domino effect.
Good lord, I do not agree with any of this. Anti-immigrant rhetoric. Do you know a huge reason why the US economy is doing well is because of immigrant workers?

"
“Immigration is not just a highly charged social and political issue, it is also a big macroeconomic one,” Janet Henry, global chief economist at HSBC Holdings Plc, wrote in a note to clients Tuesday. No advanced economy is benefiting from immigration quite like the US, and “the impact of migration has been an important part of the US growth story over the past two years.”

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
So basically like a f***ing petulant child, if Trump loses, it will be down to "dodgy doings" at the polls but if he wins then everything is fine and above board. Have you any idea how idiotic that is? It's literally like arguing with a toddler - "if we lose they cheated, if we win it was fair". Ridiculous. And as for the vile rhetoric against immigrants I despair.

There's plenty of evidence of both and don't try to hide behind immigrants this is left-wing political corruption.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here