Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 120 37.0%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 183 56.5%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 5.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have not taken a side on the middle East I have enough yanking my chain so to speak.

I would say there has been a massive shift in Jewish voting in the US, from 80% Democrat to 45%. This is why a rigged state like Penn is in play and als Michagen. Trump doesn't need these if he wins the sunshine states which he is leading in.
You don't have to take sides. It's possible to see that there is wrong on both sides!

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
So basically like a f***ing petulant child, if Trump loses, it will be down to "dodgy doings" at the polls but if he wins then everything is fine and above board. Have you any idea how idiotic that is? It's literally like arguing with a toddler - "if we lose they cheated, if we win it was fair". Ridiculous. And as for the vile rhetoric against immigrants I despair.
I agree to an extent but think there is a risk we are maybe underestimating the depth of the divide in American society right now - large swathes of the electorate ( especially in the rust belt) after many years of economic hardship and social problems, high inflation, difficulties in accessing affordable healthcare etc has led to a starkly polarised political environment in the US.

This isn’t just about Trump and what he says or how he behaves imo - Trump is just articulating what many Americans have been feeling. The forces that are at play behind his campaign successes ( ie QAnon, Bannon, Project 2025, Musk etc) are a lot more insidious and run far deeper than him behaving like a ‘petulant child’ - forces that feed a growing hatred not just of of immigrants but anyone of colour, LBQGT, anyone to the left of the political spectrum, a retraction from international engagement and reassertion of moral absolutism and isolationism, culturally and religiously divided.

Trump just represents the popular face for one half of a dangerously schismatic society.

So desperate to see change from their status quo, voters are wilfully blind to the unsuitability of Trump‘s fatally flawed character which renders him unfit to lead the nation. Trump hasn’t created the political climate in the US, he is a symptom of it - and a dangerous one at that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good lord, I do not agree with any of this. Anti-immigrant rhetoric. Do you know a huge reason why the US economy is doing well is because of immigrant workers?

America would be leading the world without any immigration I tell you :facepalm:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree to an extent but think there is a risk we are maybe underestimating the depth of the divide in American society right now

Except that Dingo isn't American (is he?)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Nice try but this agenda has become self evident now, look at London. Its all about importing voters.
I would throw in the towel. The pro-immigration lobby have got it sewn up. Munching on our pets? No matter what you accuse them of, each one will be a future voter.

It's a bugger, isn't it? Deprive them of the vote; that's the answer. No vote for half a century, unless they are a lighter shade of bronze than Donald J. Trump.

Job done. Go forth and prepare for not being in government.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I agree to an extent but think there is a risk we are maybe underestimating the depth of the divide in American society right now - large swathes of the electorate ( especially in the rust belt) after many years of economic hardship and social problems, high inflation, difficulties in accessing affordable healthcare etc has led to a starkly polarised political environment in the US.

This isn’t just about Trump and what he says or how he behaves imo - Trump is just articulating what many Americans have been feeling. The forces that are at play behind his campaign successes ( ie QAnon, Bannon, Project 2025, Musk etc) are a lot more insidious and run far deeper than him behaving like a ‘petulant child’ - forces that feed a growing hatred not just of of immigrants but anyone of colour, LBQGT, anyone to the left of the political spectrum, a retraction from international engagement and reassertion of moral absolutism and isolationism, culturally and religiously divided.

Trump just represents the popular face for one half of a dangerously schismatic society.

So desperate to see change from their status quo, voters are wilfully blind to the unsuitability of Trump‘s fatally flawed character which renders him unfit to lead the nation. Trump hasn’t created the political climate in the US, he is a symptom of it - and a dangerous one at that.
I don't disagree with any of that. 👍

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Except that Dingo isn't American (is he?)

Not sure what that has to do with what I wrote tbh.

This election and any discussion about Trump is not all about @Crawley Dingo and nor is every post directed at him.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Nice try but this agenda has become self evident now, look at London. Its all about importing voters.
So the record number of immigrants entering Britain under the recent (2010-2024) Conservative Government was due to Cameron, May, Johnson, Truss and Sunak deliberately boosting Labour's future electoral support base?

The sort of batshit 'logic' we've come to expect from Trump supporters. 'Self-evident' only to paranoid Right-wing conspiracy theorists who see Commies lurking behind every lamp-post, and Reds under every bed!

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So the record number of immigrants entering Britain under the recent (2010-2024) Conservative Government was due to Cameron, May, Johnson, Truss and Sunak deliberately boosting Labour's future support base?

The sort of batshit 'logic' we've come to expect from Trump supporters. 'Self-evident' only to paranoid Right-wing conspiracy theorists who see Commies lurking behind every lamp-post, and Reds under every bed!

Let's give dingo and Lasv a moment to respond...

temp.jpg

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
So the record number of immigrants entering Britain under the recent (2010-2024) Conservative Government was due to Cameron, May, Johnson, Truss and Sunak deliberately boosting Labour's future electoral support base?

The Tories are clueless incompetents, it took a while for most of the Republicans to wake up to this but most have now, especially as they (illegal immigrants)are being flown to purple states aka marginals.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This really is chilling racist langauge. It's really sad that a great country like the US has millions who'd endorse this disgusting lying excuse of a human.

It is and I agree wholeheartedly- but what really concerns me more is that Trump is NOT operating in a political vacuum.
His rhetoric is gaining traction because this is what people want to hear. Trump has the backing of some much darker far right forces behind him - including amongst high ranking members of the Republican Party.

Even Harris has moved farther to the right on immigration than previous democratic positions to accommodate public opinion.

What I think really sad is that America was built on welcoming immigrants, it’s what made the Country great. It is the Country that welcomed my family from war torn Europe.

The Statue of Liberty standing at the mouth of the Hudson since 1886, holding a torch representing the path to freedom for oppressed people coming to America’s shores - on a pedestal adorned with the words of the New Colossus:
1728809523857.jpeg

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Last edited:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
The Tories are clueless incompetents, it took a while for most of the Republicans to wake up to this but most have now, especially as they (illegal immigrants)are being flown to purple states aka marginals.
That sounds extremely unlikely my friend, where are you doing your research?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here