Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway facing the sack

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Holloway's priority task is to consolidate in the Prem but just doesn't seem the right man for the job.

Well hopefully Hollaway stays with them to lead them to relegation

And yet he came within an own goal (and 20 minutes) of keeping Blackpool up. And Blackpool spent virtually nothing that season. He's also had a season's more experience.

Personally speaking,I don't think CP have enough class to stay up but I don't think they're Derby or Wolves terrible either. Despite his accent and his propensity to shoot his mouth off, he's no mug. I certainly can't see Palace replacing him with someone many times better. Poyet? The guy he completely out-thought in the play-offs? Would that be a step-up for the Palace board?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
And yet he came within an own goal (and 20 minutes) of keeping Blackpool up. And Blackpool spent virtually nothing that season. He's also had a season's more experience.

Personally speaking,I don't think CP have enough class to stay up but I don't think they're Derby or Wolves terrible either. Despite his accent and his propensity to shoot his mouth off, he's no mug. I certainly can't see Palace replacing him with someone many times better. Poyet? The guy he completely out-thought in the play-offs? Would that be a step-up for the Palace board?
I wouldn't say he completely out thought Poyet. Far from it. If that shot from Barnes went in then who knows. It was the quality of Zaha that shone through in the end.

Poyet got the better of Holloway in the first leg. Anyway it's history.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

To be fair without Zaha they are shit.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wouldn't say he completely out thought Poyet. Far from it. If that shot from Barnes went in then who knows.

Yes, Barnes looked likeliest to score. And that would be the Barnes who didn't start in either of the games

To be fair without Zaha they are shit.

Hmm...I didn't go to the Selhurst league game but all the comments on here were over-rated Zaha was and it was Bolassie who was the main man.

I'm not saying that Palace aren't a mediocre team but I don't think they're the no-hopers people imply. I certainly can't see them worse than that Blackpool team

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes, Barnes looked likeliest to score. And that would be the Barnes who didn't start in either of the games

Hmm...I didn't go to the Selhurst league game but all the comments on here were over-rated Zaha was and it was Bolassie who was the main man.

I'm not saying that Palace aren't a mediocre team but I don't think they're the no-hopers people imply. I certainly can't see them worse than that Blackpool team
Zaha got them promoted scored againts us and won the penalty

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see no hope for Palace this season. The problem is that chairman can't be pragmatic, i.e. take the relegation, bank the cash, come back stronger the following season.

I suspect that the Palace board will be thinking new stadium, and to finance it may require Prem football. The fact is top players and their agents don't want to join Palace because there are 19 better options in the Prem.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a thought I had which may be totally wrong but as we do not know or have any idea as to the reason for Gus dismissal could he have been tapped up by CPFC and told he was in line for the job when Holloway is sacked.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Just a thought I had which may be totally wrong but as we do not know or have any idea as to the reason for Gus dismissal could he have been tapped up by CPFC and told he was in line for the job when Holloway is sacked.

I guess that's possible. Of course it's also possible the whole thing is a plan orchestrated by the illuminati and their space lizard leader Prince Philip.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Nothing to do with CPFC.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Despite his accent and his propensity to shoot his mouth off, he's no mug. I certainly can't see Palace replacing him with someone many times better. Poyet? The guy he completely out-thought in the play-offs? Would that be a step-up for the Palace board?

He was enough of a mug to virtually give Bobby Zamora away to us when he was Bristol Rovers manager. Not, perhaps, the greatest judge of a player. For which we should be eternally grateful...

But Albion lost their first two games of the season too! Early days but the narrowness of Palace's defeats suggests they've got more than enough to survive. Sorry.

You might have a point if they were about to face strikers of the standard of Vokes and Ings. But Stoke was actually their easy game.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
You might have a point if they were about to face strikers of the standard of Vokes and Ings. But Stoke was actually their easy game.

As many have said it's the home form that will be the big decider for them .. they won't get more than a handful away.

In that respect their home game this Saturday against another team that will be fighting it out come the end of season (Sunderland) almost becomes a must win if Holloway has to try and convince the Smellhurst Board of his ability to keep them up. If they've pencilled in where they are going to get the 36-40 points they'll need they must have scratched up 3 for this one

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't be long now until the BBS goes into meltdown. I hope they've improved security at their press conferences, the abuse of 'Ollie' is bound to start up again soon.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I agree they have to take three points against the likes of Sunderland at home, but they also need to pick up points when they get in positions like they did at Stoke. If they take the lead away from home they've got to be at least holding on for a draw. I think that result could be a real blow to moral, they've let a probable relegation rival off the hook.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not laughing too much yet- they has Sunderland at home next weekend, which is as close as they're going to get this season to three points on a plate.

One win and they'll be a little more confident (that said, I was delighted to see both Hull & Cardiff get wins this week, as that would have annoyed Palace even more).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also amused me no end to see Hansen slating Chamakh on MOTD for his lazy, half-hearted attempt at a tackle when Stoke scored.

Chicken.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm not laughing too much yet- they has Sunderland at home next weekend, which is as close as they're going to get this season to three points on a plate.

One win and they'll be a little more confident (that said, I was delighted to see both Hull & Cardiff get wins this week, as that would have annoyed Palace even more).

There's no such thing as 3 easy points in the Premier League Edna.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here