Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway facing the sack

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If he is facing the sack I'd say it was more to do with form from the end of last season, and perhaps his "yeah, we're going to be relegated this season, but we'll celebrate when we get our first goal" attitude, rather than a defiant "we can prove everyone wrong and stay up" attitude.

The owners are every bit as responsible for the transfers as the manager. He'll they've even admitted to enquiring about a player after freedman had told them he didn't want the player. So I doubt they would fire him just because of the transfers they've brought in.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
But Albion lost their first two games of the season too! Early days but the narrowness of Palace's defeats suggests they've got more than enough to survive. Sorry.

I have no anti-palace sentiment, but I can't see them staying up, they just don't look good enough in any department. I wouldn't particularly mind being wrong, I said the same about Southampton last year but after a few games, they grew into it and played some good stuff.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Palace aside, this is one of the worst aspects of the Premier League for me.

Holloway has done, let's be honest, brilliantly to get that shower into the top flight. They are not a good side, and he somehow got them up.

Adkins, McDermott...the list goes on. People who have overachieved getting their teams promoted to the PL.

But all of a sudden chairmen's heads get turned, they think they ought to be there rather than are lucky to be there, and the manager gets canned. I hope he gets the season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I want the Palace derby next season and the most likely way for this too happen is for Palace to get relegated, I'd be gutted if Holloway is sacked because he has all the capabilities to get Palace into the Championship. I will however be supporting Palace to stay in the Premier League if our promotion is guaranteed at some point this season.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
This would make me very happy just to watch the BBS implode with self righteous indignation at the appointing of what they call an openly racist manager.

Most of us know it's bullsh it as you do , move along there's nothing to see here .

Most of us know it's bullsh it as you do , move along there's nothing to see here .

Do you post on BBS?

Every time Poyet is mentioned the accusations are rife about him being racist, frankly if I was Poyet I would have got my lawyers involved.

Anyway, this thread is about Holloway facing the axe, your thoughts if true?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I want the Palace derby next season and the most likely way for this too happen is for Palace to get relegated, I'd be gutted if Holloway is sacked because he has all the capabilities to get Palace into the Championship. I will however be supporting Palace to stay in the Premier League if our promotion is guaranteed at some point this season.

Made me chuckle.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Palace aside, this is one of the worst aspects of the Premier League for me.

Holloway has done, let's be honest, brilliantly to get that shower into the top flight. They are not a good side, and he somehow got them up.

Adkins, McDermott...the list goes on. People who have overachieved getting their teams promoted to the PL.

But all of a sudden chairmen's heads get turned, they think they ought to be there rather than are lucky to be there, and the manager gets canned. I hope he gets the season.

Agree with this to an extent. But promotion often also brings the resources to attract a manager with broader horizons and the calibre to move the club into a different realm altogether. Certainly seems to be the case with Pochettino's style of play at Southampton. Some managers are very good up to a level but not necessarily beyond. So do you stay loyal or continue progressing? The key is to have a manager with that potential to keep growing with the club already in place - someone like Oscar hopefully.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Do you post on BBS?

Every time Poyet is mentioned the accusations are rife about him being racist, frankly if I was Poyet I would have got my lawyers involved.

Anyway, this thread is about Holloway facing the axe, your thoughts if true?

I think Poyet's lawyers are busy on a more lucrative case elsewhere .

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It's interesting watching MotD and seeing the signings that Hull have made including Livermore and Huddlestone. With respect to Palace, their signings aren't close to that quality and to get rid of Holloway would be stupid. They need stability and I'm not sure they would get someone who could do better.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Sorry, another Palace thread, and strangely for me not an anti one.

CPFC2010 should take a long look at themselves and the facilities they are asking the manager and players to ply their trade in.

You can't polish a turd, you can roll it in glitter but it's still a turd.

This is an interesting observation, I think I'll give it a try....and if I'm successful with the glitter I'll pop a little red and blue flag on it. :)

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
How difficult is it to answer a thread with a reasonable reply without sniping?

To answer the question, it's a load of BS.
You're a fine one to talk about sniping !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here