Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway facing the sack

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unfortunately can see him going anyway , he's Prem class, understand Gooners were watching him yesterday.
Just so long as a few others are too, and we get a bidding war instead of a shafting, there's not much we can do.

He's clearly better than the Championship and will get better too.

This season depends on Ulloa, there's only one way he'll still be an Albion player next season.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I think Poyet's lawyers are busy on a more lucrative case elsewhere .

Bloody Hell Pee Wee ! You are a brave boy, I'd of thought you'd have been hiding under a rock licking your wounds. Zero points and you've not got near to playing a top team yet, but at least you have scored......against Stoke :thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But Albion lost their first two games of the season too! Early days but the narrowness of Palace's defeats suggests they've got more than enough to survive. Sorry.

Palace played spurs who did not play well. They played stoke who are not very good. By all accounts, palace fans were fairly heartened by their performances. If palace are playing well against opponents who are not but are still losing their matches, it doesn't augur well for when they play more in form or better sides. It would be a miracle if Holloway or anyone else managed to get them to survive with the team they've got. They don't have anywhere near enough to survive.

And please, please, please, Poyet to palace!

Well there we have it, straight from the writers mouth and conclusive.

"I just think" "I feel":ffsparr:

Move along, nothing story.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Naughty naughty!

a3a6eqe3.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Holloway himself has openly said that where Palace are as a club in the minds of the owners is not where other people, specifically good players, see them, so it's always going to be tough.

I've said it before: the only players they are going to sign are keen young ones for whom the PL is a big step up (Gayle), or, when it comes to players with PL experience, the tainted/ knackered ones who nobody else wants to gamble on (Chamakh). Their survival prospects, wage constraints, and awful facilities make them- and I am genuinely trying to be objective here- the least attractive prospect of all PL clubs to potential signings.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wherever Gus Poyet finishes up at he will come in for Ulloa and Bridcutt just hope TB can keep his nerve which shouldnt be difficult for such an accomplished poker player and demand a very good fee.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Holloway himself has openly said that where Palace are as a club in the minds of the owners is not where other people, specifically good players, see them, so it's always going to be tough.

I've said it before: the only players they are going to sign are keen young ones for whom the PL is a big step up (Gayle), or, when it comes to players with PL experience, the tainted/ knackered ones who nobody else wants to gamble on (Chamakh). Their survival prospects, wage constraints, and awful facilities make them- and I am genuinely trying to be objective here- the least attractive prospect of all PL clubs to potential signings.

I would agree with you Edna.................but I once spent a weekend in Hull, so make that the second least attractive proposition for a player. The KC is pleasant, but a Saturday night on the Humber women who make the Viz Fat Slags look like beauty queens still gives me nightmares.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

I agree with this.
No rational Palace fan would say anything different, but being the underdog will suit us, and is our only real chance of staying up.
I still reckon we will give it a good go and surprise a few teams along the way.

Edit - I also see from the reliable Sunday People,that we're linked with a £300 k move for Ashley Barnes , would you sell for that ?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Palace aside, this is one of the worst aspects of the Premier League for me.

Holloway has done, let's be honest, brilliantly to get that shower into the top flight. They are not a good side, and he somehow got them up.

Adkins, McDermott...the list goes on. People who have overachieved getting their teams promoted to the PL.

But all of a sudden chairmen's heads get turned, they think they ought to be there rather than are lucky to be there, and the manager gets canned. I hope he gets the season.

Holloway did brilliantly trying to screw up a form side clear at the top and very nearly achieved what may have been considered impossible. Their promotion has very little to do with Holloway; they'd have been relegated if he was there from the off.

They should have sacked him as soon as they got past Watford but of course that would have been very difficult to do. The owners could do far worse than invest some of that cash in sacking him and paying compo for someone who may be able to attract players despite everything else.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Wherever Gus Poyet finishes up at he will come in for Ulloa and Bridcutt

A rather sweeping and ridiculous statement IMO. If he ended up at say, Rotherham, he won't be coming sniffing around, and if a prem team gave him a job I doubt he'd be interested either. Possibly if he got a c'ship gig, but few are more tempting for players than us, and those ones are unlikely to be his next employers.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I agree with this.
No rational Palace fan would say anything different, but being the underdog will suit us, and is our only real chance of staying up.
I still reckon we will give it a good go and surprise a few teams along the way.

Edit - I also see from the reliable Sunday People,that we're linked with a £300 k move for Ashley Barnes , would you sell for that ?

I assume that's a rhetorical question!

D

Deleted member 18477

Palace dont have murray or zaha to win them loads of penalties this season. Doomed from the start.

Although i hate holloway and would love to see him sacked - actually sacking him would be pretty stupid!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
CPFC2010 will need to make a decision fairly soon to deflect the ever mounting criticism away from themselves. Wurzel maybe has another 8 games before he is given the tin tack

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here