Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] EFL / Carabao Cup Fourth Round draw [Liverpool at home]

EFL / Carabao Cup Fourth Round - who do you want?

• Total voters

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Looks like they thought Liverpool (reserves) would be more of a pull-factor than it is. Bet they wished they hadn’t opened the upper sections/allowed STH to buy their own seats first.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The club have totally messed up with the pricing of this one. Which is 'OK', it happens, no one is perfect. A lot of us called that out when it was announced but apparently that is blasphemy......
The ticket prices don't include travel so basically a kid's ticket is the price of an EPL match.
Kids (primary school age) don't tend to come to evening matches but it's HT week so they've really missed a trick here.

The club can't change the prices now but they could increase the loyalty points as a carrot.
I always think the pull of loyalty points is overestimated. Primarily by the people who often go to away matches. Most fans wouldn't care as they don't need them at all.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I always think the pull of loyalty points is overestimated. Primarily by the people who often go to away matches. Most fans wouldn't care as they don't need them at all.
You could be right - but there are no doubt a few thousand who would like to go to more away games, but can’t because they don’t have enough points.
And don’t forget the lure of a potential Europa Conference League game in Lithuania next year….

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
You could be right - but there are no doubt a few thousand who would like to go to more away games, but can’t because they don’t have enough points.
And don’t forget the lure of a potential Europa Conference League game in Lithuania next year….
Maybe, but think price is more of a pull. £20 and suddenly people are talking about it. It's only twenty quid for a game against Liverpool!

Instead It's "well by the time you pay for a train ticket on top of the £25 it costs more than a league game for a midweek fixture v Liverpools B side"

as someone who thinks the club tends to price most things too much, i think they've been pretty good here even if no travel does seem stingy. With hindsight, cheaper kids tickets might help people get over the shitty midweek travel element.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I think travel is always the biggest reason for those that have given

Maybe, but think price is more of a pull. £20 and suddenly people are talking about it. It's only twenty quid for a game against Liverpool!

Instead It's "well by the time you pay for a train ticket on top of the £25 it costs more than a league game for a midweek fixture v Liverpools B side"

as someone who thinks the club tends to price most things too much, i think they've been pretty good here even if no travel does seem stingy. With hindsight, cheaper kids tickets might help people get over the shitty midweek travel element.
Plus the many that cant usually justify cost that may be tempted then find they will have to pay £30ish on top to become a member

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
The majority of free seats still left are next to the away fans or in the North Stand. I don't understand why the North Stand always seems to struggle to sell out for cup games as surely you would consider that to be where our loyal fans are based ? Perhaps North standers treat cup games as an opportunity to try a different part of the stadium to view the match . The views from North and South stand are the worst at the Amex.

BTW i think the match will sell out.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Years ago attended a cup game I think against Palace where tickets were £15 We were surrounde by many locals that were attracted by the price. With additional membership costs club is missing out on these people

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The majority of free seats still left are next to the away fans or in the North Stand. I don't understand why the North Stand always seems to struggle to sell out for cup games as surely you would consider that to be where our loyal fans are based ? Perhaps North standers treat cup games as an opportunity to try a different part of the stadium to view the match . The views from North and South stand are the worst in at the Amex.
You do have a point, my season ticket is in the north, but if my daughter wants to come like in Europe we tried different areas, like the east and west stands, also my ST seat is next to another ST holder so she could not sit next to me if they snaffle their ticket, luckily this time they have not so I had to wait until Monday so I could snaffle the seat next to me this time in the north.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I don't understand why the North Stand always seems to struggle to sell out for cup games as surely you would consider that to be where our loyal fans are based ?
I don't buy that. Long term loyal fans are scattered everywhere.

I'd even venture to say that the Norff may have a higher proportion of JCLs (no evidence).

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Years ago attended a cup game I think against Palace where tickets were £15 We were surrounde by many locals that were attracted by the price. With additional membership costs club is missing out on these people
Is membership required to buy a ticket?

Is so, it's just an email address required to get a fan number?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't buy that. Long term loyal fans are scattered everywhere.

I'd even venture to say that the Norff may have a higher proportion of JCLs (no evidence).
Well, when the Amex opened the WSU was the preferred locale for older ex Goldstone North-standers. We are the loyal ones.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Well, when the Amex opened the WSU was the preferred locale for older ex Goldstone North-standers. We are the loyal ones.
...and the hard core Withdean South Stand fans. We're easy to spot as we have webbed fingers having evolved from spending so long getting drenched.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
...and the hard core Withdean South Stand fans. We're easy to spot as we have webbed fingers having evolved from spending so long getting drenched.
Yes, sorry, forgot that cohort. I bet you the Venn diagram of Goldstone North Stand vs Withdean South Stand is a circle (well, maybe a small circle within a larger circle).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here