Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] EFL / Carabao Cup Fourth Round draw [Liverpool at home]

EFL / Carabao Cup Fourth Round - who do you want?

• Total voters

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Some seem to be, disappointingly, quite entitled.
But it isnt just that. There are a few people, myself included, whos dream was to see us in Europe. Thats now been achieved and I now feel something is missing in football. I'm still going, but I don't feel the allure quite as much anymore. My awful mental health is also a reason, like many others as well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite odd really that we regularly have threads about expanding the Amex yet we are struggling to sell tickets at reduced prices for a knockout evening cup game against the team top of the Premier League!!!

Laziness/convenience because it’s live on TV?

One of my first games in 1976 …. the same cup, round and month, 33,500 packed out a heaving Goldstone for Derby County.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
There's still 20 days to go. Maybe it won't quite sell out, but it's still going to comfortably be one of our biggest league cup attendances ever. Only Derby and Wolves in the 70s are certain to top this attendance.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
There's still 20 days to go. Maybe it won't quite sell out, but it's still going to comfortably be one of our biggest league cup attendances ever. Only Derby and Wolves in the 70s are certain to top this attendance.
Ipswich was 26,748 too.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Yep the sound of it was still ringing in my ears as we traveled back (I was 9) along the A259 along Brighton seafront. I still remember it vividly. Amazing.
Well I wrote 33,601 on the back of my programme
1000007074.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But it isnt just that. There are a few people, myself included, whos dream was to see us in Europe. Thats now been achieved and I now feel something is missing in football. I'm still going, but I don't feel the allure quite as much anymore. My awful mental health is also a reason, like many others as well.
Sorry to hear that. I hope things improve.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Laziness/convenience because it’s live on TV?

One of my first games in 1976 …. the same cup, round and month, 33,500 packed out a heaving Goldstone for Derby County.
Exactly, knockout competition, evening game when generally there's a better atmosphere yet people quibble about getting home a bit late or that the tickets are £5 more expensive than they are prepared to pay.

Leaving the Goldstone and getting away wasn't great. We used to park in Goldstone Crescent and the drive to Burgess Hill included a massive queue of cars heading down Mill Road to squeeze through the narrow bridge and then have to queue at the lights at Patcham. We then had to queue again in the outside lane of the A23 at the traffic lights to turn right towards Hassocks!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fair enough if you have personal issues that affect the appeal of football and I wish you well for the future and hopefully rekindle your love of the game.

I too dreamt of European football and was lucky to get to 3 of the away games. However, I also dream of an effing trophy which keeps me going!!!!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It’s the reality of the modern ticketing model. Not a criticism, just an observation.

What I mean by this is the hoopla around actually getting tickets. We’ve been educated and trained now to understand that after 1901/STH’s, come the premium members who have probably snapped up remaining tickets, combined with points requirements etc.

I genuinely think there is an assumption that every game is sold out, especially against the biggest teams, so they don’t even try.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I’m not going - can’t be bothered, sorry x

It’s stupid having an international break and then a game Saturday. Wednesday, Saturday.

Football isn’t the only thing in life.
Could have left it as 'It's stupid having an international break'.

They absolutely ruin large parts of the season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I hope you’re able to feel much better at some stage.

Football can wait.

I felt like that with football a couple of times recently, going to the Amex an added chore. The long summer break really helped me, extra long because I didn’t go for a few months at the end of last season. Last season’s woefully inadequate squad p1ssed me off, what a let down on that 2022/23 squad. TB was fantastic this summer, my Amex mojo is back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here