Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] EFL / Carabao Cup Fourth Round draw [Liverpool at home]

EFL / Carabao Cup Fourth Round - who do you want?

• Total voters

jrbha

Nov 18, 2021
1728587720956.png

This is currently on the club website. Shows a £5 reduction, however when you click on the link it takes you to the home tickets page where it still says £25 Adult...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I’m not going - can’t be bothered, sorry x

It’s stupid having an international break and then a game Saturday. Wednesday, Saturday.

Football isn’t the only thing in life.
Been going to football for over 50 years, there's always been international football and we always had several mid week matches each season, particularly League Cup and, of course, FA Cup replays (remember those when they were usually only 3 or 4 days after the original tie).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It’s the reality of the modern ticketing model. Not a criticism, just an observation.

What I mean by this is the hoopla around actually getting tickets. We’ve been educated and trained now to understand that after 1901/STH’s, come the premium members who have probably snapped up remaining tickets, combined with points requirements etc.

I genuinely think there is an assumption that every game is sold out, especially against the biggest teams, so they don’t even try.
The hoopla around getting tickets!!! Do you remember having to take a day off work to go and queue down Newton Road. Or when you had to attend a reserve game to be able to get a ticket for a prestige game? At least now everything can be done on your mobile from the comfort of your front room.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The image advertises £20 though.
It does indeed. Think someone made a boo-boo with that as always been £25 and just for got an email from marketing saying how the tickets are “only £25”. Just recalled a recent cup match where they said tickets were reduced by £5 if bought in advance but what it meant was tickets were £5 dearer if bought on the day. (Yes I know that’s sort of the same thing.)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just had a quick tot up and there are 5,970 seats left

Doesn't include an unknown number of WSU seats that are not for sale

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
View attachment 190085
This is currently on the club website. Shows a £5 reduction, however when you click on the link it takes you to the home tickets page where it still says £25 Adult...
That banner is still there - the club are having a right mare with this game, have they left the work experience boys and girls to man the ship during the international break

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
That banner is still there - the club are having a right mare with this game, have they left the work experience boys and girls to man the ship during the international break
Now i am no expert on these things, but does that not mean that anyone who buys a ticket while that ad is showing is legally entitled to get it at the price stated?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Now i am no expert on these things, but does that not mean that anyone who buys a ticket while that ad is showing is legally entitled to get it at the price stated?
Afraid not. It's an 'invitation to treat'. You then make an offer at around the same price as the 'invitation' and it is then up to the seller whether they accept that offer or not. Fisher v Bell, 1961

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Afraid not. It's an 'invitation to treat'. You then make an offer at around the same price as the 'invitation' and it is then up to the seller whether they accept that offer or not. Fisher v Bell, 1961
Wow ! Never heard of that before "invitation to treat" eh, so in the past i have insisted on a shop selling me something at the price that is showing on the shelf, even if i knew that it was probably an error, so is that different?

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Wow ! Never heard of that before "invitation to treat" eh, so in the past i have insisted on a shop selling me something at the price that is showing on the shelf, even if i knew that it was probably an error, so is that different?
No. The contract is only made when the exchange of goods and money has been made. Of course companies will often honour any price errors, but they're not legally obliged to do so. A-Level Law

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Just had a quick tot up and there are 5,970 seats left

Doesn't include an unknown number of WSU seats that are not for sale
This is rather odd. Well noted. Looks like only the first 6 - 10 rows in the upper west are only on sale. Rows from M onward are not on sale.
Must be holding them back to reduce stewarding if seats are not selling.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
guessing as west upper holds around 4,000 there could be around 2,500 currently unsold there ? add that to the 6,000 unsold seats that are on sale and the 3,000 away fans (i thought they would have had bigger allocation ??) have we sold around 19k home tickets ?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
This is rather odd. Well noted. Looks like only the first 6 - 10 rows in the upper west are only on sale. Rows from M onward are not on sale.
Tis odd. I am a WSU season ticket holder in one of the rows towards the back , and the club contacted me by email to say I could buy my own seat . I opted to go in the East for a change but I presume many people purchased their normal "own" seat in that area therefore it must be open to sit in.

Just had a look in the East Stand Upper - no seats above row M are for sale !

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Tis odd. I am a WSU season ticket holder in one of the rows towards the back , and the club contacted me by email to say I could buy my own seat . I opted to go in the East for a change but I presume many people purchased their normal "own" seat in that area therefore it must be open to sit in.

Just had a look in the East Stand Upper - no seats above row M are for sale !
I'm in that boat. Got.my usual seat row T. Nothing yet. Don't mind getting shuffled forward for a bit of a change.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
They are not selling tickets for the higher rows in the upper stands. Though I suspect this will change if the rest sells out.

Maybe to make it look like it’s more sold out than it is? Both to boost sales and on the TV?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The upper concourses should be relatively quiet.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The whole WSU was on sale up until Wednesday morning. Sometime after 930 they removed most of the back rows from sale, I assume because the game is selling poorly, although some STH's have purchased their seats in those rows and it remains to be seen if the club will move those fans forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here