Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yankuba Minteh SINGS on 5 year contract

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Didnt think it was a bad article and was fair enough.

Never met a bad newcastle fan so plenty of credit in the bank from me.

Be interesting with Minteh. Cozier-Dubery also mostly a RM so be interesting how it all pans out.

Watched Mintehs and Duberys highlight reels again today. Pretty exciting potential

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
"Some will question the legitimacy of spending rules that prevent a club with owners as rich as Newcastle's from spending those riches without selling two of their finest young talents."

On the other hand, some people will find it hilarious. :lolol:
I haven’t checked the time-lines but I’m wondering if Dan Ashworth’s last venture onto Tony’s Top Secret Transfer Target Spreadsheet involved a pencil, a bit of paper, and a hastily written note saying :- ‘note to myself - Sign Minteh for Newcastle!’

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Silly.

Newcastle are going to regret this forever.
Shame for them.

Got to feel sorry for Newcastle given the circumstances that were forced into selling him. Hope we do them a favour and sell him back in a year or so .......

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

f******* hand chopping northern twats

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Loving Minteh cam. So tenacious and strong, and so much raw potential.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Definitely things to work on, but he’s got the X-factor.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As I said on the match thread, a real shame he had to come off but I’m glad we did the correct thing and subbed him.

But that aside, what an exciting player we have on our hands here! Absolute coup signing him. I can’t think of many players I’ve ever seen quicker than him. The first goal that really turned the game, came pretty much out of nothing almost entirely because of his pace. Roasting Mykolenko, who’s no slouch, for pace like that from almost a standing start was phenomenal. He’s going to create so many chances for us.

And apart from that, a couple of other unbelievable bursts of speed from an attacking, pressing and defending point of view. The challenge that he got injured from was also brilliant and hugely brave.

So excited to see more of him!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As I said on the match thread, a real shame he had to come off but I’m glad we did the correct thing and subbed him.

But that aside, what an exciting player we have on our hands here! Absolute coup signing him. I can’t think of many players I’ve ever seen quicker than him. The first goal that really turned the game, came pretty much out of nothing almost entirely because of his pace. Roasting Mykolenko, who’s no slouch, for pace like that from almost a standing start was phenomenal. He’s going to create so many chances for us.

And apart from that, a couple of other unbelievable bursts of speed from an attacking, pressing and defending point of view. The challenge that he got injured from was also brilliant and hugely brave.

So excited to see more of him!
Also a cracking cross at the end of it. Loving the more direct approach so far. No thought of cutting back to prioritise keeping possession on either flank.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Minteh actually looks like he could be BETTER than Mitoma. FAR better.

He's only JUST turned 20. WHAT a signing this appears to be.

I suspect we've absolutely robbed Newcastle with him.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Up there with one of the best performances over 45 mins I’ve ever seen a Brighton player play
Absolute all out attack and nothing g else matters great fun to watch and will become a crowd favourite very quickly

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Was he taken off for concussion? Does he miss Man U game as a result?
The concussion sub is precautionary process. They can’t diagnose a concussion that quickly.

He will need post match full medical assessment for a concussion. If that is clear and shows no symptoms he’ll be free to return to training as directed by the medical staff.

If he has symptoms of a concussion he won’t be able to play for at least 14 days.

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Not sure why Newcastle are moaNing.
They got top dollar for someone who never played in their first team and had arrived a year ago for peanuts.
He has made a promising start but there’s a way to go before we get the better end of the deal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here