Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yankuba Minteh SINGS on 5 year contract

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I was assuming he was being subbed off to make sure he had no brokens ribs or internal injuries. Was very surprised to see him go off on a concussion sub as the doctors were treating his ribs when he was laying there.

Not sure how I feel about pretending players get head injuries in order to make concussion subs instead of regular subs.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Sorry, what? If that were the case, why didn’t Fabi make all five regular substitutions he was entitled to?
I don't know if thats what happened but how are you supposed to interpretate a situation where the side part of a player collides with an opponent, doctors come on and spend minutes (clearly seen on the TV pics at least) attending his rib/side... and then subbing him off with a concussion while he is telling the doc he didn't hurt his head. What am I supposed to believe?

Didn't need/use all subs yesterday because there was no need (I suppose; would have loved to see all of them used) but if it had been the case, a quick glance at the benches says its a clear advantage for us.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I was assuming he was being subbed off to make sure he had no brokens ribs or internal injuries. Was very surprised to see him go off on a concussion sub as the doctors were treating his ribs when he was laying there.

Not sure how I feel about pretending players get head injuries in order to make concussion subs instead of regular subs.
What evidence do you have that our medical staff pretended there was a head injury and are basically cheating?

It is possible for him to have both hurt his ribs and his head. He was clattered in the challenge and it’s entirely possible that when they were doing their medical assessment he displayed a bit of confusion which would have been enough for the medical staff to err on the side of caution and get him off the pitch with a potential concussion.

At the point the medical staff believe he may have a potential head injury the decision is removed from the player, no matter how much they insist they are ok to play on.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What evidence do you have that our medical staff pretended there was a head injury and are basically cheating?

It is possible for him to have both hurt his ribs and his head. He was clattered in the challenge and it’s entirely possible that when they were doing their medical assessment he displayed a bit of confusion which would have been enough for the medical staff to err on the side of caution and get him off the pitch with a potential concussion.

At the point the medical staff believe he may have a potential head injury the decision is removed from the player, no matter how much they insist they are ok to play on.
And why would they cheat he could potentially miss the next game.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

None, just like I have no evidence Martinez is feigning his 42 injuries per game against us, but again - what am I supposed to believe?

If Chelsea or Palace or something had used that as a "concussion sub", people here would be all over it. But I shouldn't have mentioned it like anything else implying that we're not the Mother Teresa of football.

Lets hope the kid gets back from his concussion soon. My guess would be against Manchester United.

Reactions: cjd

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
None, just like I have no evidence Martinez is feigning his 42 injuries per game against us, but again - what am I supposed to believe?

If Chelsea or Palace or something had used that as a "concussion sub", people here would be all over it. But I shouldn't have mentioned it like anything else implying that we're not the Mother Teresa of football.

Let’s hope the kid gets back from his concussion soon. My guess would be against Manchester United.
It’s actually impossible to diagnose a concussion that quickly. That’s why the medical staff of any club take the decision to replace a player who shows even the slightest signs of one. It’s laughable you think our medical staff have cheated to get him off the field, when he didn’t want to come off, just to avoid using a normal substitution. An extra sub we didn’t end up using and at the same time it gives our opponents an extra sub giving them more tactical options off the bench.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Didn't need/use all subs yesterday because there was no need (I suppose; would have loved to see all of them used) but if it had been the case, a quick glance at the benches says its a clear advantage for us.

We used all 5 subs yesterday, and then Welbeck went off with cramp at the end without being replaced.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
It’s actually impossible to diagnose a concussion that quickly. That’s why the medical staff of any club take the decision to replace a player who shows even the slightest signs of one. It’s laughable you think our medical staff have cheated to get him off the field, when he didn’t want to come off, just to avoid using a normal substitution. An extra sub we didn’t end up using and at the same time it gives our opponents an extra sub giving them more tactical options off the bench.
But it was possible to diagnose that Veltman didn't have a concussion within a minute of getting a knock that made blood come out of his head?

Not quite sure I "think" they did this or that; its merely what it looked and seemed like.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
We used all 5 subs yesterday, and then Welbeck went off with cramp at the end without being replaced.
We had ran out of sub windows. So although we had the extra sub created by the concussion sub we’d already used our 3 windows in replacing Dunk after 72 mins, Pedro and Milner after 82 mins and Mitoma after 89 mins.

But it was possible to diagnose that Veltman didn't have a concussion within a minute of getting a knock that made blood come out of his head?

Not quite sure I "think" they did this or that; its merely what it looked and seemed like.

It’s about the symptoms a player is displaying. If Veltman wasn’t showing any signs of having a concussion then they had no need to take him off. The slightest hint of one and he’d had been taken off too. The club are not going to take the risk or cheat the system despite some conspiracy theory you’ve made up in your own head.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

As @CHAPPERS has pointed out, Minteh took the full force of Mykolenko's arm in the side of his head. When Minteh first hit the floor his arms immediately went to his head, it was only subsequently that he started feeling his side.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
As @CHAPPERS has pointed out, Minteh took the full force of Mykolenko's arm in the side of his head. When Minteh first hit the floor his arms immediately went to his head, it was only subsequently that he started feeling his side.
Must have missed that arm entirely. I thought he was holding his head because its a pretty normal reaction to pain wherever it may be.
Oh well, I'm in good company - both manager and player seemed as confused as I was. As long as he's fine, the rest matters less.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022

The blood is irrelevant here. There is a difference between a head (brain) injury and a facial injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here