Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yankuba Minteh SINGS on 5 year contract

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

His agent reckons it was a misunderstanding and not even a head injury so he’ll be fine and available again next week

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not sure why Newcastle are moaNing.
They got top dollar for someone who never played in their first team and had arrived a year ago for peanuts.
He has made a promising start but there’s a way to go before we get the better end of the deal.
Newcastle aren't moaning but some of their fans are, and it's understandable. He's a quality player who their club planned to bring into the fold before getting an offer they considered too good to refuse given their financial situation. I mean it's frustrating when that happens.

Similar to Gykores when he was here I suppose, except he HAD been given a chance and didn't pull up any trees. At least Newcastle got a good price for their man though!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The injury was a strange one,I thought he was winded as he was holding his stomach then for whatever reason the medical team signalled a sub to the bench, Hurzeler was going absolutely mental trying to figure out what was happening,Minteh himself seemed very very annoyed he was being subbed for a head injury.
On the bright side should be raring to go v Utd.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Newcastle aren't moaning but some of their fans are, and it's understandable. He's a quality player who their club planned to bring into the fold before getting an offer they considered too good to refuse given their financial situation. I mean it's frustrating when that happens.

Similar to Gykores when he was here I suppose, except he HAD been given a chance and didn't pull up any trees. At least Newcastle got a good price for their man though!
I think Eddie Howe struggles to integrate young players. I don’t think he trusts them and is probably too hard on them when they make mistakes.

Minteh is much better off here.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The injury was a strange one,I thought he was winded as he was holding his stomach then for whatever reason the medical team signalled a sub to the bench, Hurzeler was going absolutely mental trying to figure out what was happening,Minteh himself seemed very very annoyed he was being subbed for a head injury.
On the bright side should be raring to go v Utd.

He was rolling around holding his head TBF to the medical staff.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Eddie Howe struggles to integrate young players. I don’t think he trusts them and is probably too hard on them when they make mistakes.

Minteh is much better off here.
I won't argue and stopped short of saying that myself because I have no idea of his track record on younger players.

One thing we're excellent at is bringing through our younger players at the right time.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The impression I got was that he was doing a bit of "game management" (time wasting to run down the clock to half time) that's why he was so pissed off to be pulled. They should agree a code/safeword so that they can make it clear when they're not in actual pain.
Not sure that’ll work with the referee though 😂

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
That he faked/exaggerated a head injury ?
He may have faked the head injury but I confess to wincing when he made that tackle, very brave and it looked like it hurt. I doubt he’ll do it again, looked to be fuming when he was subbed.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Similar to Gykores when he was here I suppose, except he HAD been given a chance and didn't pull up any trees. At least Newcastle got a good price for their man
They may have intended to bring him through but he had no premier league track record at point of sale . We have taken on a lot of risk . They have been compensated for what minteh could become . He could get a hamstring injury in higher intensity football , or struggle at higher level , who knows. They’ve done a good negotiation imo.

In hindsight we probably mugged ourselves off with gyokeres but you can’t win them all . Sometimes they develop BECAUSE they leave . Whenever I saw him I thought he was crap . Fair play to him

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
This is a nice touch.

Screenshot_20240818-160501~2.png

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

So nothing like Gykores then.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He was furiously pointing at his head and saying he was fine, there wasn’t any impact with his head that I can see on multiple rewatches. As poster above says, I think he got winded that a collision in his abdomen.

It all worked out perfectly in the end, but I think there may have been a miscommunication. I thought Adingra did brilliantly too. But their fullbacks were atrocious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here