Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yankuba Minteh SINGS on 5 year contract

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I don't know if thats what happened but how are you supposed to interpretate a situation where the side part of a player collides with an opponent, doctors come on and spend minutes (clearly seen on the TV pics at least) attending his rib/side... and then subbing him off with a concussion while he is telling the doc he didn't hurt his head. What am I supposed to believe?

Didn't need/use all subs yesterday because there was no need (I suppose; would have loved to see all of them used) but if it had been the case, a quick glance at the benches says its a clear advantage for us.
He clearly gets Mykolenko's elbow in the side of the head on the way down and is on the floor clutching his head as a result.

The treatment he receives is then BOTH concussion treatment and on his ribs.

Maybe he made a meal of it the waste time, but the medical staff simply wouldn't have brought him off if it was completely faked.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate he was hurt but can have no complaints about going off. The sooner they start taking all these players off for concussion that go down holding there head the better. Pedros dive and holding head was a joke. Should have been booked Also going down holding head would get what he deserves if taken off for concussion.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Appreciate he was hurt but can have no complaints about going off. The sooner they start taking all these players off for concussion that go down holding there head the better. Pedros dive and holding head was a joke. Should have been booked Also going down holding head would get what he deserves if taken off for concussion.

The defenders hand did catch Pedro’s cheek on the way down tbf.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
He clearly gets Mykolenko's elbow in the side of the head on the way down and is on the floor clutching his head as a result.

The treatment he receives is then BOTH concussion treatment and on his ribs.

Maybe he made a meal of it the waste time, but the medical staff simply wouldn't have brought him off if it was completely faked.
Yes, yes, I get it; the only ones that doesn't think he took a hit to the head was me... and Yankubah Minteh.

“𝗛𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗲. 𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗲. 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗰𝘂𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱. 𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝗦𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗱𝗮𝘆.”

But obviously I trust the North Stand Chat to know better, so we can drop this now and just pray that he survives.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Yes, yes, I get it; the only ones that doesn't think he took a hit to the head was me... and Yankubah Minteh.

“𝗛𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗲. 𝗜 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗮 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗲. 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗮 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗰𝘂𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱. 𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗴𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝗦𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗱𝗮𝘆.”

But obviously I trust the North Stand Chat to know better, so we can drop this now and just pray that he survives.
But that doesn't mean the medical team used a concussion sub fraudulently does it?

It means that Minteh overdid his head injury leading to the medical team and/or ref being extra precautious. The only person being fraudulent in that case was Minteh to his own detriment, as shown by his indignant response at being taken off.

Sometimes it seems like you're on here to argue for arguments sake. The snidiness isn't necessary.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

Yes time to drop it, along with the silly suggestion that the club deliberately tried to use a concussion substitution to allow them and extra sub opportunity

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
But that doesn't mean the medical team used a concussion sub fraudulently does it?

It means that Minteh overdid his head injury leading to the medical team and/or ref being extra precautious. The only person being fraudulent in that case was Minteh to his own detriment, as shown by his indignant response at being taken off.

Sometimes it seems like you're on here to argue for arguments sake. The snidiness isn't necessary.
:shrug:

We'll never know. It is not beyond reason to imagine that when you've made the manager angry to the point where he's very, very angry and screaming stuff, you might alter reality a little bit if you want to sub him off due to possible broken ribs or internal bleeding from a heavy hit to the side.

Like I said, Yakubah Minteh himself says he took no hit to the head - I guess he is arguing for the sake of arguments as well?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

We'll never know. It is not beyond reason to imagine that when you've made the manager angry to the point where he's very, very angry and screaming stuff, you might alter reality a little bit if you want to sub him off due to possible broken ribs or internal bleeding from a heavy hit to the side.

Like I said, Yakubah Minteh himself says he took no hit to the head - I guess he is arguing for the sake of arguments as well?
All you have to do is watch the highlights to see that Minteh took a solid elbow to the face.

got to 3:58

To assist here is the moment

20240819_104624.jpg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Watching the incident might clear this up for you eh? Jesus wept.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

Lik said, Yakubah Minteh himself says he took no hit to the head - I guess he is arguing for the sake of arguments as well?
Trouble is, that's exactly what you might say if you have concussion.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The physio was gesturing (and speaking presumably) to the bench that Minteh needed to be subbed………Minteh was protesting but the physio was having none of it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I suppose we should just be happy that this Swansman conspiracy theory isn’t antisemitic. That’s progress.
It's just as mental though.

Presumably preparing for his youtuber career monetising complete nonsense for a bored, post-truth audience.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
None, just like I have no evidence Martinez is feigning his 42 injuries per game against us, but again - what am I supposed to believe?

If Chelsea or Palace or something had used that as a "concussion sub", people here would be all over it. But I shouldn't have mentioned it like anything else implying that we're not the Mother Teresa of football.

Lets hope the kid gets back from his concussion soon. My guess would be against Manchester United.
I believe we would need to get permission from the FA to play him again so soon after a concussion substitution, 12 days is the minimum, 7 with permission and having followed an enhanced protocol for monitoring and recovery.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I believe we would need to get permission from the FA to play him again so soon after a concussion substitution, 12 days is the minimum, 7 with permission and having followed an enhanced protocol for monitoring and recovery.
Any update on this? Likely to play on Saturday or not?

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I suppose we should just be happy that this Swansman conspiracy theory isn’t antisemitic. That’s progress.
This constant baiting of @Han Solo is really - and I mean REALLY - dull.

This is absolutely not aimed at you personally - others are far, far more guilty of it - but just pack it in.

The guy has been allowed to resume posting on the site, on condition that he sticks to football - and yet we get constant posts like this, referencing problematic previous nonsense, presumably in an attempt to ignite an argument.

Leave it out, please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here