Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yankuba Minteh SINGS on 5 year contract

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I believe we would need to get permission from the FA to play him again so soon after a concussion substitution, 12 days is the minimum, 7 with permission and having followed an enhanced protocol for monitoring and recovery.
Only if he has a concussion. A concussion sub is a precautiony measure as you cannot diagnose a concussion in such a short space of time.

The player will undergo a full assessment with the medical staff after the game.

If that assessment shows he is clear of any kind of symptoms then he is free to return to training as directed by the clubs medical staff. If he does have symptoms of a concussion then he isn’t able to play for at least 14 days.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The rule on players holding their head should be .....

Any player who holds his head after contact should be removed from the pitch for 10 minutes while an independent practitioner decides if that player may have been concussed or is ok to continue.

The team may introduce a concussion sub temporarily while this check is carried out

If any official sees evidence that the player suffered no head contact they should be sent off and receive a 10 game ban. This can be reviewed by the VAR officials

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I think a good 45 minutes have raised people’s expectations to an unrealistic level.

He’s a teenage winger with a season in Holland a handful of games in noddy leagues. He’s not going to be Messi.

Gruda replaces him when he’s fit.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Agreed. But he isn't meant to be playing every game. Looking forward to Gruda and (hopefully) March. March is several very big levels above him. If he ends up playing most games this season our transfer window will look like some kind of very expensive improvisational dance.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think a good 45 minutes have raised people’s expectations to an unrealistic level.

He’s a teenage winger with a season in Holland a handful of games in noddy leagues. He’s not going to be Messi.

Gruda replaces him when he’s fit.
As opposed to a twenty year old winger who's played just as few games. Bring on Solly!

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Some of his tracking back was fantastic.
Yes he works his arse off, and he better given the number of times he's giving the ball away.

He'll be fine eventually but today was utterly shite.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Both our wingers had an off day today. It was 90 minutes of catching practice for Muric.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
He's been really poor. Can't beat a man, can't cross, can't shoot... He works hard tracking back but that's not really what we bought him for.

Well that's the excessively harsh comment of the day.

He's been good, looks like a very exciting prospect. Wasn't his best game today, but far from useless.

I, for one, look forward to the worldie that the club and its coaches will train him into.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Personally thought he was ok today. Wasn't world beating but was certainly a threat.
Yeah he was OK. I thought Mitoma was worse considering we expect so much more from him. Welbeck was largely anonymous as an attacking threat, Rutter average too. But the most shocking thing was Dunk’s failure to win almost any headers, Ipswich players were beating him in the air left right and centre. He is turning into a liability. Perhaps he needs a break to get a proper pre-season in?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here