Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yankuba Minteh SINGS on 5 year contract

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've no idea if this is the case, but my personal take is that because of who owns us we're going to great lengths to at least appear like we're doing everything above board. I mean even the shirts sponsor and sleeve sponsors are within 'fair market value' all be it at the upper reaches.

Chelsea are going to great lengths to find any loophole they can and the PL are too slow to get ahead of them.
Staveley has vast experience dealing with financials and associated regulations (including brokering the deal that ‘saved’ Barclays during the 2008 crisis that ended up in court) - she’ll want to make sure everything you do is above board (and as you say wouldn’t be surprised if the ownership are completely behind that - partly why she was employed in the first place I suspect).

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Wasn't Newcastle's first injury of the season announced yesterday - Lewis Miley?
Yep, broken metatarsal, he'll miss much of the first half of the season. But hopefully we'll keep the others fit; Bruno, Joelinton, Longstaff, Tonali and Willock. From those 5 we've got variety and a little depth.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
I’m for anything that takes that smug look off his face, delighted we managed to be the club to do it this time :smile:
Makes a change from other clubs taking your promising players, I guess. It's rare for us. can't remember the last time we were forced to sell a young star. Maybe Carroll? Coincidence that it's roughly the same transfer fee.

For what it's worth Minteh has more promise than Carroll did.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Makes a change from other clubs taking your promising players, I guess. It's rare for us. can't remember the last time we were forced to sell a young star. Maybe Carroll? Coincidence that it's roughly the same transfer fee.

For what it's worth Minteh has more promise than Carroll did.
So you are saying that Ashley wasn’t THAT bad then? :wink:

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
So you are saying that Ashley wasn’t THAT bad then? :wink:
:LOL: You can't sell your young stars if you don't have any.

Modern Problems Funny Gif GIF by MOODMAN

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Looking at Minteh's stats on fbref.com, might he be utilised as a RWB?

Not only is he devastatingly quick, tricky and creative, but he also enjoys tracking back and making tackles.

1000013509.png

His heatmap for Odense in Denmark indicates he is used to playing in that role.

1000013511.png

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looking at Minteh's stats on fbref.com, might he be utilised as a RWB?

Not only is he devastatingly quick, tricky and creative, but he also enjoys tracking back and making tackles.

View attachment 185609

His heatmap for Odense in Denmark indicates he is used to playing in that role.

View attachment 185610

From various reports, Hürzeler wing backs need be able to cross on their favoured foot and join a roaming centre back in midfield. There is also a massive amount running, dribbling and one touch passing to do.

I’d guess that there are not too many better candidates in world football than Kadıoğlu and Yalcouyé (eventually) but Minteh could pick this up is his passing is up to scratch.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
From various reports, Hürzeler wing backs need be able to cross on their favoured foot and join a roaming centre back in midfield. There is also a massive amount running, dribbling and one touch passing to do.

I’d guess that there are not too many better candidates in world football than Kadıoğlu and Yalcouyé (eventually) but Minteh could pick this up is his passing is up to scratch.

Have you seen his passing stats?

Hopefully, they're partly explained by the way he was asked to play at Feyernoord.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
See the lad scored for you already, obviously I didn't watch the game so what's your opinion of him?
Only played 45 minutes, but looks stronger than I expected, and scored a terrific goal - great skill, but especially composure.

Last edited:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
See the lad scored for you already, obviously I didn't watch the game so what's your opinion of him?
Lovely goal. Powerful run followed by trickery and coolness for the finish.

I’m sure someone will post it here! ???

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Part of me is pleased to hear he looks good for you and will be a part of the first team instead of warming the bench, part of me wants to take the authors of the PSR regs out back and shoot them.

He was supposed to be the answer to our RW problem, but instead we've had to sell him (and Anderson). Dagnabbit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here