Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will you continue to wear a mask after the 19th?

Mask after the 19th?

• Yes, particularly in enclosed public places.

Votes: 270 58.8%
  • Nope, I'm ditching it.

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Depends on the situation.

Votes: 158 34.4%

• Total voters

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have followed all government advice, regulations and legal requirements and I will continue to do so.

The government has said no social distancing and no compulsory mask wearing from Monday so I will now follow that advice.

I am double jabbed though and I understand the caution that those who havent had both jabs want to exercise.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I have followed all government advice, regulations and legal requirements and I will continue to do so.

The government has said no social distancing and no compulsory mask wearing from Monday so I will now follow that advice.

I am double jabbed though and I understand the caution that those who havent had both jabs want to exercise.

Whilst you are of course entitled to this opinion are you not worried that over 100 of the world’s leading doctors in conjunction with the most respected medical journal in the world, the Lancet, believe this approach is crazy?!

Genuine question.

Apropos nothing other than fact I know two work colleagues who were double jabbed caught this new variant, one being overweight and unfit was hospitalised.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I think the actions by the Government on removing the legal requirement on mask wearing in England is wrong, so will continue to wear my mask in all areas where it is currently required.

By extension of that argument, if you think the national speed limit in UK should be 100mph you will drive at 100mph because you think "the government is wrong".

I can think of many laws that I personally think are "wrong" but that doesn't mean that I should or would break them.

From Monday you will not legally be required to wear a mask anywhere.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
By extension of that argument, if you think the national speed limit in UK should be 100mph you will drive at 100mph because you think "the government is wrong".

I can think of many laws that I personally think are "wrong" but that doesn't mean that I should or would break them.

I think you might have to rethink that logic. He isn’t advocating breaking the law. It isn’t illegal to wear a face mask but it is illegal to drive at 100mph.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021

It might not be legally required but I would rather reduce my chances of catching any new Covid variant and so will (at very little inconvenience) continue to wear a mask in enclosed public situations, e.g. the concourse of WSU and the train to and from Falmer. Simple.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A lift…probably as of now..to be reviewed
When I go shopping which is generally when it’s quiet as I like to do it quickly (hate shopping) no.
I don’t take public transport

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

No its nothing like driving at 100 mph, if you want to use a speed limit as an example then its more like the Government saying that the speed limit on motorways from Monday becomes advisory and you can if you want drive at any speed and I'm saying I think this wrong and that I will continue to drive to a maximum of 70 mph.

Good luck on not wearing a mask in Wales and Scotland on Monday, or for that matter London Transport.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009

Without going in to detail, I currently have a low immunity threshold so yes I will wear a mask when out and if I encounter anyone not wearing one I will either avoid you or turn my back. And no I am not being rude, you are by being selfish.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Thats right, Johnson and the government have got every decision bang on right the way through this.
Matt Hancock also advised us to wear a mask, keep your distance and no hugging.
I hope that Johnson announces today that everyone has to put their hands in the fire because i love putting my hands in a fire.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Without going in to detail, I currently have a low immunity threshold so yes I will wear a mask when out and if I encounter anyone not wearing one I will either avoid you or turn my back. And no I am not being rude, you are by being selfish.

Nothing wrong with that. I won't be wearing a mask unless it's mandatory in a space but I have no problem with others doing so and avoiding me if they don't agree with me to not wear one.

It is down to personal choice now and no one should be made to feel guilty for taking one side or the other imo.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Shame that we're now all having to put our own interpretation on what's safe and what's not.

As someone who's married to a nurse, and has read summaries of quite a lot of the scientific thinking as this pandemic has twisted and turned, I'm in absolutely no doubt that continuing to wear a mask in enclosed public places is the right thing to do.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Quite pleased with a Company email just received from my office.

Mask wearing remains mandatory in office when not sat at desk
Desk partitions will remain in place
Mask wearing remains mandatory in meetings of 5+ staff
Mask wearing discretionary among participants in meetings of 4 staff or under

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Feeling more inclined than ever to wear one now. Have purchased some FFP2 in preparation for covidiot scenarios

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It depends. I won't be wearing one in the pub. It's nonsense to wear one as you go into a pub but then take it off when you sit down. If you are going to the boozer accept its a risky environment for covid or don't go. I certainly won't be wearing one outside either where it has no or very very minimal effect.

I'd wear one on public transport as a courtesy. I'd like people to wear one in future if they had a cold in that environment too.

Personally, I'd rather people stayed in when they had covid symptoms and tested regularly to be sure they haven't got it. If you haven't got it, you can't spread it. Mask or not.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Personally, I'd rather people stayed in when they had covid symptoms and tested regularly to be sure they haven't got it. If you haven't got it, you can't spread it. Mask or not.

The problem with being asymptomatic, is that you don’t know you’ve got it, but you are a carrier.
There were 51000 cases yesterday.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I currently get the bus to and from work, for the most part people were all still wearing masks and being respectful of others. One guy this morning (absolute unit, nobody was going to tell him he's a selfish ****) and one guy this afternoon weren't wearing masks but everyone else was.
My work will continue to use masks if we're working closely with others and we take two tests per week to ensure everyone is safe.
I think it's now all about common sense and if wearing a mask makes others feel safer around me then it's a small price to pay.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I went to The Real Patisserie in St. Georges Road, Brighton this morning. There was a sign outside which said, "It would be much appreciated if you could wear a mask." Everyone who went in to the shop, including me, wore a mask.
Later, I went to Morrisons at the bottom of St. James' Street. I would estimate that 95% of the people in there, including me, were wearing a mask.
Then in to Superdrug where everyone was wearing a mask, including me. When I paid for my goods, the person at the check-out said, "Thank you for wearing a mask."
My conclusion is that most people are carrying on with mask wearing as if "Freedom Day" hadn't happened.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here