Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will you continue to wear a mask after the 19th?

Mask after the 19th?

• Yes, particularly in enclosed public places.

Votes: 270 58.8%
  • Nope, I'm ditching it.

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Depends on the situation.

Votes: 158 34.4%

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
mental

Between april last year and jan this year.

Under the age of 20 deaths = less than 20

No reason to be jabbing them all at all

Media again !!

source : https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...d/covid-19-confirmed-deaths-in-england-report

The reason for jabbing younger people is to create the herd immunity, having a reservoir of people unvaccinated where the virus can replicate and mutate could set us back to square one, with a new variant virus with no effective vaccine.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No. No actual real world evidence masks do anything.

It stuns me so many just buy that masks do anything, we’ve had 3 lockdowns, we have 40000 cases per day

Yet parts of the US have made masks optional and are seeing far, far lower rates. There’s no real world data, ie countries that have mandates and don’t really don’t differ that much, or in many cases masked states in the US seem to have higher rates.

People have been brainwashed into believing that wearing a fabric cotton mask actually does anything, lets be honest most of us wear a mask to work in the morning and then home again at night and many wear the same one for days stuffing it back in our pockets before it’s washed.

I am stunned.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes here we go again, with the virtue signallers using their masks to hoist themselves up on their high horse.

If I’m wrong show me the real world evidence that masks do anything, show me countries that mandate masks having wildly different outcomes to countries with similar rules/no masks. What the hell was the point of a vaccine if everyone still has to wear masks to protect other people? This is literally never ending, we can’t wear masks for the rest of human history, it doesn’t matter what the level of infection is, as soon as restrictions are removed, cases are going to sky rocket, everyone knew that, the point is the vaccine protects the people who are at risk of dying.

Not everyones immune system responds to the vaccine well enough to induce immunity, a small percentage of people dying currently were double jabbed. The bigger problem though is new variants, every case of covid is an opportunity for a new variant to emerge.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
No. No actual real world evidence masks do anything.

It stuns me so many just buy that masks do anything, we’ve had 3 lockdowns, we have 40000 cases per day

Yet parts of the US have made masks optional and are seeing far, far lower rates. There’s no real world data, ie countries that have mandates and don’t really don’t differ that much, or in many cases masked states in the US seem to have higher rates.

People have been brainwashed into believing that wearing a fabric cotton mask actually does anything, lets be honest most of us wear a mask to work in the morning and then home again at night and many wear the same one for days stuffing it back in our pockets before it’s washed.

FFP3 masks....

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...sks-and-saw-cases-fall-by-almost-100-12344508

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No because it’s been around for decades and guess what it protects against CHILDHOOD illnesses. He’ll have BCG too.
This vaccine has been thrown together in months and protects against a virus which mainly effects the over 40s.

‘Morning sickness you say? Here take one of these once a day………’
‘Anxiety? Here have a fag’
History proves that medicine is as safe as a point in time. So why take the risk if you don’t need to.

I bet the scientists that developed it will love the phrase 'thrown together'!!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What field is your PhD in?

I am able to read and understand without having obtained a Phd.
I do tend to look for articles reporting Phd qualified virologists and epidemiologists though. My advice, as a barely qualified for anything Brighton supporter, is go read what Phd qualified virologists and epidemiologists are saying at the moment. If you find one that suggests leaving a reservoir of young people that can freely exchange the various variants of covid between them, whilst the rest of us that are vaccinated and have varying degrees of protection all mingle again is a good idea, I would be very interested to see that.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think if after 18 or so months of a pandemic which has practically exclusively dominated the news and has occupied the finest minds in science looking at ways to prevent it spreading with a wealth of scientific evidence available on line and you still think things like masks and vaccines make no difference then it says more about you than it does the government or science.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, yet once again in an NSC poll, the noisy minority are just that - a minority!

I am really pleased to see how many people will continue to wear masks. It is actually a shame that it appears the general public are clearly more in touch than the government, although only time will tell for how long!

I went to Macknade in Faversham today. I was chatting to one of the boys who reported that when the new rules were previewed there was a glut of people turning up to shop with no mask. They were all turned away. Most grumbled but some were offensive and aggressive.

Well done, Boris. Trust the public. Most are good, but the ***** now think they have an entitlement to do what they want.

Oh, and the new cases are through the roof while hospitaizations and deaths are starting to rise.

Put on the mask (by law) and get out and about would be my suggestion. Instead, we will be back with restrictions in a week as Boris shits himself over the 'data'. The first to be ****ed up (get into them) will be football supporters. Of course we will be :shrug:

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Yes, as someone who's suffered with OCD most their life, the pandemic has given me the opportunity to finally wear a mask in public without looking like a weirdo.

Not a chance i'm stopping any time soon.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
No because it’s been around for decades and guess what it protects against CHILDHOOD illnesses. He’ll have BCG too.
This vaccine has been thrown together in months and protects against a virus which mainly effects the over 40s.

‘Morning sickness you say? Here take one of these once a day………’
‘Anxiety? Here have a fag’
History proves that medicine is as safe as a point in time. So why take the risk if you don’t need to.

The technology used to produce the COVID vaccine has been around for quite a few years because it is pretty similar to SARS one. The testing of teh COVID vaccination was much more widespread than any other vaccination programme .

The disease is not killing young people but is giving some long covid which is pretty nasty i.e. severe long term reduction in breathing capacity.

MMR had been around for decades then some people preached it was the cause of autism so numbers dropped, measles increased with the resulting bad effects for some people. The claim was never substantiated.

Why take the risk? If everyone said the same for BCG or Polio then TB would still be a major killer in this country and a lot of people would be crippled because of polio.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The technology used to produce the COVID vaccine has been around for quite a few years because it is pretty similar to SARS one. The testing of teh COVID vaccination was much more widespread than any other vaccination programme .

The disease is not killing young people but is giving some long covid which is pretty nasty i.e. severe long term reduction in breathing capacity.

MMR had been around for decades then some people preached it was the cause of autism so numbers dropped, measles increased with the resulting bad effects for some people. The claim was never substantiated.

Why take the risk? If everyone said the same for BCG or Polio then TB would still be a major killer in this country and a lot of people would be crippled because of polio.

The AZ and Johnson & Johnson vaccine technology, yes.

The Pfizer and Moderna messenger RNA vaccines are new technology.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I went to Macknade in Faversham today. I was chatting to one of the boys who reported that when the new rules were previewed there was a glut of people turning up to shop with no mask. They were all turned away. Most grumbled but some were offensive and aggressive.

Well done, Boris. Trust the public. Most are good, but the ***** now think they have an entitlement to do what they want.

Oh, and the new cases are through the roof while hospitaizations and deaths are starting to rise.

Put on the mask (by law) and get out and about would be my suggestion. Instead, we will be back with restrictions in a week as Boris shits himself over the 'data'. The first to be ****ed up (get into them) will be football supporters. Of course we will be :shrug:

Oh dear. I must admit as I wrote my OP congratulating the vast majority of NSC saying they would continue to wear masks. I did wonder if it was a little like at a General Election, whereby people are polled who they will vote for, then change their mind, out of self interest in the polling booth!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Oh dear. I must admit as I wrote my OP congratulating the vast majority of NSC saying they would continue to wear masks. I did wonder if it was a little like at a General Election, whereby people are polled who they will vote for, then change their mind, out of self interest in the polling booth!

Some might suggest the above…..

verb: patronise
treat in a way that is apparently kind or helpful but that betrays a feeling of superiority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Do I want to wear one? No
Will I wear one in congested public places? Yes
Do I trust people to apply common sense and put the greater good first? After last weekend’s bellendery at Wembley, not really.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Unfortunately, Twitter has brainwashed a few into thinking masks are somehow a problem.

Of course I'll wear one. It's common sense.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Do I want to wear one? No
Will I wear one in congested public places? Yes
Do I trust people to apply common sense and put the greater good first? After last weekend’s bellendery at Wembley, not really.

Did I think El Pres would say anything different to the above.

No [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here