Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Will you continue to wear a mask after the 19th?

Mask after the 19th?

• Yes, particularly in enclosed public places.

Votes: 270 58.8%
  • Nope, I'm ditching it.

Votes: 31 6.8%
  • Depends on the situation.

Votes: 158 34.4%

• Total voters

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Went to Tesco on Monday (Freedom Day) and I would say 95% of people were wearing masks.

Went to Tesco today, and it was closer to 50%.

Predict it will halve again by next week.

Herd mentality.

I have been if to three eating places this week, I would hazard a guess that about 20% of serving staff wore a mask. It was all the older staff that wore them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I must confess I haven't been wearing a mask since Monday and it's been one of the most liberating things I've ever experienced, if I'm perfectly honest.

Well there's a surprise. Just as public spirited as your take on vaccination. And yet you whined ceaselessly about lockdown, which is where we'll be back to if opening up goes badly.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I have tested every day since Monday and will continue to do so while cases are high.

It is my understanding that daily tests and isolating accordingly if/when I catch covid is considerably more effective at protecting the people around me, than either wearing face masks or getting vaccinated or even both of these combined.

It's not pleasant taking the test. But if it means I don't need to get vaccinated or wear face masks, then I'm prepared to do it.

That's completely wrong. Please show me the evidence that self testing is more effective than vaccination.

We have to test two or three times a week because I have two kids at school and that's how they enforce the bubbles but I am also double jabbed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The vaccination is said to reduce transmission by 40-60%. The Delta variant has an R0 of 5-8, meaning a vaccinated person that is not self testing, and is unaware that they have covid, is likely to infect numerous other people. In addition, they are more likely to be asymptomatic.

If I get covid, I'll know about it on the day, either through having symptoms, or through my daily test - and I will proceed to self isolate and as a result not infect a single other person.

So no evidence then. Just your "I know best" opinion. Which seems a common trait among anti-vaxxers and mask refusniks.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I'm pro vaccination. Very much so. I just don't want it myself, nor through the choices I make do I believe it's necessary for me to have it.

I have provided some science backed data of covid transmission through a vaccinated person, which is more than you have done.

Maybe you should consider the hypocrisy of your accusation, as I have given my approach a lot of consideration, and I am being proactive to take science backed measures to do my bit in respect of protecting those around me... just not the vaccine or face masks.

So why not wear a mask and self test?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bloody marvellous to see more and more not wearing in shops / public / trains

Real swing the last few days

Finally getting free

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I actually quite like wearing my bandit snood mask.

Especially in banks as it feels oddly liberating to do so. Lol.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Good to see all the sensible, unselfish people still wearing masks.

Absolutely, sensible and good manners to have one about you for the foreseeable, to be honest the wearing of one on public transport since the start should have been compulsory, I believe it wasn’t until July last year that it was compulsory?
Didn’t wear one in the boozer last night but had one in my pocket in case I was asked to when walking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Absolutely, sensible and good manners to have one about you for the foreseeable, to be honest the wearing of one on public transport since the start should have been compulsory, I believe it wasn’t until July last year that it was compulsory?
Didn’t wear one in the boozer last night but had one in my pocket in case I was asked to when walking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

June …for shops it was July

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm pro vaccination. Very much so. I just don't want it myself, nor through the choices I make do I believe it's necessary for me to have it.

I have provided some science backed data of covid transmission through a vaccinated person, which is more than you have done.

Maybe you should consider the hypocrisy of your accusation, as I have given my approach a lot of consideration, and I am being proactive to take science backed measures to do my bit in respect of protecting those around me... just not the vaccine or face masks.

I tested positive last Sunday for Covid19. I had both vaccinations but still felt absolutely shocking. I'm wondering now what might have happened if I didn't have both vaccinations, and how much worse I could of got.

This Covid19 is a nasty piece of work. What you do is your choice, but I personally wouldnt take any chances regardless of how well or fit you are. This thing gets everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Went to Tesco on Monday (Freedom Day) and I would say 95% of people were wearing masks.

Went to Tesco today, and it was closer to 50%.

Predict it will halve again by next week.

Herd mentality.

Yo must shop in strange places. This week, I have been to supermarkets in Hastings, Hailsham, Lewes and Portslade. All of them have been 90%+ wearing masks including the very busy one I have just come back from.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was in a hotel most of this week. Interesting to observe that on Tuesday, all staff were wearing them and probably 80% of guests (in the bar and moving around at breakfast). By Friday, no staff were wearing them and maybe 20% of guests.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Was in a hotel most of this week. Interesting to observe that on Tuesday, all staff were wearing them and probably 80% of guests (in the bar and moving around at breakfast). By Friday, no staff were wearing them and maybe 20% of guests.

My experience has been that places that ask nicely to carry on (supermarkets) seem to be quite high. Others like Leisure Centres, cafes - not so much.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My experience has been that places that ask nicely to carry on (supermarkets) seem to be quite high. Others like Leisure Centres, cafes - not so much.

Agreed…….shops etc that have (polite) signs up seem to get most people doing so. Don’t think it’s a bad thing for the time being, not exactly hardship.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Not a chance I'll be wearing one again. Rarely wore one before the 19th. You bunch of scaredy cats will never stop wearing them. Amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here