Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins

I do not know if I have said this before but MCGHEE SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN SACKED. The fact BHAFC had a manager of the quality of McGhee was astounding. Knight unfortunately lost his nerve and went with the vocal minority, a HUGE mistake. As 99% of what he has done has been superb I will forgive him for this.

Yes, but you have said that before yet it means nothing, to matters now.
Yes, you are wrong - but it really has nothing, N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do with Wilkins in any way whatsoever. McGhee is rightfully GONE (thankyou DK) and there's no comparing them.... or any other previous manager really.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Run that by me again ???

You seem pleased that Mcghee has done a good job at Motherwell.

But if you use the same system you apply to Wilkins and others, it would seem that Mcghee should not of been considered for that post in the first place, as you said that Mcghees 'form' when sacked was similar to Wilkins.

Now Mcghee then goes to Motherwell and performs well.

That indicates that your system does not show the overall worth of a manager, it is just a current form table of the team, worth a look, granted, but to judge managers on it, is inaccurate.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
fair enough then

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The bottom line is McGhee is BY FAR a better manager than Wilkins WILL EVER BE and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. Its just a crying shame we had such a good manager and replaced him with someone infinately inferior in ALL departments.

federicoed-up

Feb 7, 2008
NMH, I do agree you're right that the past is just that, and we have to move on with what has happened. However, in your previous post you mention that life is full of experiences, and the sacking of McGhee, and the subsequent appointment of Wilkins has not been successful. This is therefore one of those experiences we should learn from by keeping faith in Wilkins and giving him the support he needs by not selling the players he is paid to pick.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The bottom line is McGhee is BY FAR a better manager than Wilkins WILL EVER BE and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. Its just a crying shame we had such a good manager and replaced him with someone infinately inferior in ALL departments.

Thats fair enough, you feel strongly about that.

But it is just your opinion, your points system is not a tool that will necessarily convince others.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We will have to agree to disagree but we are all Albion fans at the end of the day.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Just because we replaced Mcghee with a joke manager, which was wrong, it doesn't mean McGhee shouldn't have gone

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
We will have to agree to disagree but we are all Albion fans at the end of the day.

Yeah your not wrong .....

I actually think Mcghee endured the same difficulties here that Wilkins has experienced lately, thats why it is so difficult to assess any of our managers true ability.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Wilkins league record

Played 67
Won 22
Drawn 17
Lost 28
Points 83

For a first management position, that's probably not that bad... unless you think he's not actually ever going to cut it?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
wilkins is doing ok. we don't have any other options. we should get behind him, he's had us playing some good stuff at times this season and, I think, we're on the right track all thing considered

And if this had been a previous manager a lot of people on here would want him sacked.

Wilkins is not a young and promising manager having a little bad luck,he is an overpromoted internal applicant who should be replaced.

And don't anybody give me the "we have little choice " argument.Advertise the job and there will be a list as long as your arm,and apart from ashen faced Ron Knee,just about all of them would be better than the incumbent.

Novice.Clueless.There's the door.Goodbye.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
, Knight will pay Wilkins off and get a proper manager in.

If he is still in charge or by then, I would suggest that DK will have just an honorary role as Vice President or similar. If this is the case Wilkins will go sooner than that. Having said that I do not put all of the blame on Wilkins. Yes, we know that he is very naive and makes some apparently stupid decisions re substitutes but my question is, is he getting the right support from his assistants and back room staff or does he need an experienced head to help him?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Can i just ask you lot on thing - Would Dean have been slagged off today if we had got the 3 point - NO - get off his back and support him and the team - Has anyone read the prematch notes on the Cheltenham site to the reason why we were wearing black armbands - one of the younger players (not sure if it is reserve youth or first team) their dad died this week - i think the least people can do is get off their backs ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here