Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You might want to look at how many individuals are making these anti-Adams posts rather than number of posts-it is more indicative of how people are feeling.

Rather not, but it remains the initial effort to try and compare the posts last February 2007 that were the obligatory rant after a loss bares no comparison to the anti-Adams feelings many are showing now.

So it was a silly and hopeless effort to in someway show that during Wilkins reign we had to endure the same failures and reactions that we do now, that simply isn't true.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You might want to look at how many individuals are making these anti-Adams posts rather than number of posts-it is more indicative of how people are feeling.

Just for the record I'm not too pleased with results but continually moaning and bitching isn't going to help-it reminds me of the anti-McGhee witch-hunt carried out by a few people on here.

By the way, I remain vehemently against the Wilkins dismissal, whereas I have not been anti Adams, other than in his appointment whilst I beleived we had a good progreesive manager in place.

You of course now call any anti-feeling a witch-hunt, because at present your initial excuberance at Adams appointment and Wilkins dismissal seems rather discredited at present.

I would presume that's why LB and other's like you try compare irrelevant and random results and table position's from last season in a forlorn attempt to give your own pro-Adams/anti Wilkins opinions some credibity.

You fail miserably

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Worth a bounce ?

See how NSC wasn't exactly brimming with confidence last February.
Interesting. Two things immediately spring to mind:

1 - People don't like it when we throw away a game in the 90th minute. Quelle surprise. If Arsene Wenger or Fergie was manager we'd feel the same.

2 - The people who were saying that Wilkins needed to be given time are pretty much the same people who are saying Adams should be given time.

However reading this thread is a bit like starting to watch something like The Great Escape (ooh, appropriate title). We all know how it ends, in this case it ended with Wilkins rebuilding the side 'on the fly' and getting us to 7th. So will Adams prove to be as good a manager as Wilkins? Lets see in April.

Christ almighty-
get over it - it happens at this club
he was sacked - so was McGhee - so was Mullery - so was melia - so was Cattlin - so was Goodwin - so was Gritt - so was Wood - so was Hinshelwood (I could go but this is beginning to bore me!)

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Christ almighty-
he was sacked - so was McGhee - so was Mullery - so was melia - so was Cattlin - so was Goodwin - so was Gritt - so was Wood - so was Hinshelwood (I could go but this is beginning to bore me!)

Hey you might like to offer that post to LB who bounced the post from the dim and distance past.

That was what we replied to.

So go and have a tired rant at him ... !!!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Christ almighty-

Ahem, Mr Goodwin may have been sacked but NOT by Albion.

He was knicked by Birmingham City.

Christ almighty-

And when it's "and so was Adams", we'll "get over it" too.

But many will still look back on the manager who was getting so much without spending, and who put some hope and pride back into the team.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Does anyone know if Wilkins has a job in Football?. I hope he has because he did well with the little cash he was provided with.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Maybe he was so hurt by Brighton in the summer he wants out of football for a while?

Anyway it doesnt matter all the time Adams is taking brighton to the next level.....

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
Don't you think that too many managers get the sack too early? The general malaise in the game is impatient chairmen and impatient fans.

Wilkins did a job. So did Adam last time around which was partly why Knight brought him back. OK so last time he had Bobby Zamora, but he didn't do a great job in his first season.

If we go and sack him then where does it leave us? Managerless and still in the bottom 6. I don't think he'll take us down, and realistically I thought a top 10 finish would be OK this year, although a cup run would have been good as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here