Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wilkins

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If mcghee hadnt had such a poor season previosly he wouldnt have been sacked, as the start he made was fine....just not for a manager that had us relegated.

Think the same could apply for wendy...a poor finish to this season and I feel first 6-8 games will be his lot.

You're doing it again - judging someone on something that hasn't yet happened.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I suppose that will be a matter of opinion won't it, difficult to qualify. For me personally I would say after the summer. He would have had time to settle in the youngsters, have a clear out and has obviously spent money getting players he wants in.

So 10 games into next season and unless he is hit by massive bad luck with injuries to the players he has brought in then bad results would have you questioning his ability to do the job?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
So 10 games into next season and unless he is hit by massive bad luck with injuries to the players he has brought in then bad results would have you questioning his ability to do the job?

I'd give him until Christmas unless the situation was dire.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Worth a bounce ?

See how NSC wasn't exactly brimming with confidence last February.

Wasn't this just after we'd sold the likes of Revell and Elder and not yet replaced him with Murray? And didn't this leave his threadbare side in 10th place in league one?

And you're bouncing this thread for what reason? To justify the board's decision to sack him and replace him with a one trick pony dinosaur who has turned a team finishing 7th into relegation fodder, whilst spending far more money, destroying confidence and replacing our own players with loanees who couldn't give a f*** about the club?

If so, that's possibly the most pathetic bounce I've ever seen.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Wasn't this just after we'd sold the likes of Revell and Elder and not yet replaced him with Murray? And didn't this leave his threadbare side in 10th place in league one?

And you're bouncing this thread for what reason? To justify the board's decision to sack him and replace him with a one trick pony dinosaur who has turned a team finishing 7th into relegation fodder, whilst spending far more money, destroying confidence and replacing our own players with loanees who couldn't give a f*** about the club?

I don't quite understand what you're getting at Sim. :lol:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006

In fairness, this thread was started by myself after finding us 1-0 up in the 90th minute against Cheltenham and then losing.

Murray had signed, but think he was only settling in at this point.

I probably started this thread all the way back then because of the way we threw away the game.

That's not wrong.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I probably started this thread all the way back then because of the way we threw away the game.
A common occurence so far this season. FFS sort it out Deano , oops sorry , Micky. :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Worth a bounce ?

See how NSC wasn't exactly brimming with confidence last February.

Cheap and wholly discredited post.

You see we all know what happened next , we ended 7th.

It was maybe 1 thread that week and was more a disappointment from a result, rather than an anti brigade you are keen to offer was there for Wilkins as opposed to the current manager.

You might want to add up the current anti-Adams post today or even this week ( if you have time ) compared to a day/week back in February 2007 which you have inaccuratley brought to our attention.

Then you might want to show how silly people on here are at feeling so let down at present as compared to a general optimism last term !!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I don't know why people don't remember us being 16th after 28 games.

Because we know where we ended up, so in may ways its irrelevant.

To pick a week or a result where on its own we look a struggling side is misrepresenting last seasons form and progress.

I am sure many could pluck good league positions throughout the season too and of course the most telling is our 7th finish.

But you can ONLY pluck poor results and positions this season and that's why it an unfair and deluded comparison.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
In fairness, this thread was started by myself after finding us 1-0 up in the 90th minute against Cheltenham and then losing.

Murray had signed, but think he was only settling in at this point.

That game was a f***ing shocker:angry:

You might want to add up the current anti-Adams post today or even this week ( if you have time ) compared to a day/week back in February 2007 which you have inaccuratley brought to our attention.

You might want to look at how many individuals are making these anti-Adams posts rather than number of posts-it is more indicative of how people are feeling.

Just for the record I'm not too pleased with results but continually moaning and bitching isn't going to help-it reminds me of the anti-McGhee witch-hunt carried out by a few people on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here