Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why aren't the mods doing their job?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Hence my suggestion that guidelines as to what "proper" means be available as a sticky. That way we all can see what is acceptable and what is not.

Why didn't I report it? To be honest, I can't understand why a thread title along the lines of "women who look as if their fannies smell bad" would even need reporting - if we have mods who actually view during the day, this should be an obvious case. If we don't, then what's the point of being a moderated forum? As I said before, get mods from different time zones if work hours are a problem (although it seems to me that mods post often enough during the day, so it shouldn't be).

If titles like that are going to be acceptable on here, I'm not sure I would want to be opening NSC at work - or at home.

There's a case for 2 forums - one for football and one for O/T (for anything goes). But as there isn't a split and it seems to me it's been like this for years you should just put up with it or don't use the forum.
Quit whining about the mods. It's not a good idea.

Seagull64

Sep 22, 2008
DEBDAE8E.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hence my suggestion that guidelines as to what "proper" means be available as a sticky. That way we all can see what is acceptable and what is not.

We've been here before many times, the rules are

1: No racism will be tolerated.
2: Don't start threads about others
3: Don't be a dickhead
4: If in doubt, consider rule 3

I've still not seen the thread you are referring to, but if I had would probably have transferred it to childish ramblings. During the school holidays we do have an increase in juvenile behaviour, but it's no more than that IMO.

If you want a morel heavily moderated forum there are other Albion related sites you can look at, Bozza has often said that NSC is a pub, and topics of conversation are similar to what you would hear when there, including whiffy minges etc.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If you want a morel heavily moderated forum there are other Albion related sites you can look at, Bozza has often said that NSC is a pub, and topics of conversation are similar to what you would hear when there, including whiffy minges etc.

exactly. run along to BrightonFans if you dont like it here (or the NSP if its all a bit tame and not enough gratuitous swearing for your taste). the rules are simple and the ban hammer comes down often and appropriatly enough.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Why didn't I report it? To be honest, I can't understand why a thread title along the lines of "women who look as if their fannies smell bad" would even need reporting - if we have mods who actually view during the day, this should be an obvious case. If we don't, then what's the point of being a moderated forum? As I said before, get mods from different time zones if work hours are a problem (although it seems to me that mods post often enough during the day, so it shouldn't be).

If titles like that are going to be acceptable on here, I'm not sure I would want to be opening NSC at work - or at home.

I still don't understand what your problem with that thread is. Yes it's highly juvenile, but there's no swearing in the title and you don't need to open it. Please could you explain why you find it so offensive?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Your reason for not bothering to report a certain thread title, quite honestly is pathetic, click on the red triangle and report it if you dont like something.

Why is it pathetic exactly? Pathetic to assume this board is moderated? I think you are being a bit over defensive because you are a mod.

I saw the offending thread, and wasn't all that happy about it, because I thought it would offend some of our female members. If I'd known about the triangle option, I may have clicked on it, but I wasn't. Bozza reminded us, and that's fair enough.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I agree with El Pres - that's the way it always has been.

What I do find iritating is the subsequent post by Seagull64 with "Not f***ing Suitable For Work" or somesuch. What an attention seeking arsehole. Not the time - not helpful - f***ing childish and pretty selfish really.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I agree with El Pres - that's the way it always has been.

What I do find iritating is the subsequent post by Seagull64 with "Not f***ing Suitable For Work" or somesuch. What an attention seeking arsehole. Not the time - not helpful - f***ing childish and pretty selfish really.

Agreed, I think it was posted purely to prove that you can post utter crap and get away with it because that stuff is tolerated.

As someone else said earlier, I guess there are other forums around if you want something without all the rubbish.

John Sayers

Aug 17, 2009
Saltdean
If I'd known about the triangle option, I may have clicked on it

The problem is, you don't get a red triangle on the thread title, you only get it against a post. You would therefore, have to open the problem thread before you can report it. If the title is the problem and you are at work (or using your work laptop at home) you can only report it once open. If it is not safe for work, it is then to late.

I still don't understand what your problem with that thread is. Yes it's highly juvenile, but there's no swearing in the title and you don't need to open it. Please could you explain why you find it so offensive?

I wouldn't expect any different from the OP. Search through his postings, you'll see his entire NSC history seems to have been spent moaning or commenting on every last sentence he deems "unfunny".

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The problem is, you don't get a red triangle on the thread title, you only get it against a post. You would therefore, have to open the problem thread before you can report it. If the title is the problem and you are at work (or using your work laptop at home) you can only report it once open. If it is not safe for work, it is then to late.

Good point, didn't think of that !

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Just go into a different thread and report a random post but comment that you are not reporting that post but the thread in question. You have plenty of space to report the problem.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've been here before many times, the rules are

1: No racism will be tolerated.
2: Don't start threads about others
3: Don't be a dickhead
4: If in doubt, consider rule 3
Whilst the OP is being far too prescious, I think he has a point about thread titles.

As far as I'm concerned, anything reasonble should go once inside the thread, but when you're browsing NSC from work, it would be useful if thread titles didn't include swear words and didn't include any terms not considered safe for work.

However, this forum has always moderated itself pretty well in my view and that's the way it should stay. The extreme Mary Whitehouse style views of the OP whinging at the mods and the conspiracy theorists of the board's very own mouth-frothing pet chipmunk, looney, are best ignored.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Whilst the OP is being far too prescious, I think he has a point about thread titles.

As far as I'm concerned, anything reasonble should go once inside the thread, but when you're browsing NSC from work, it would be useful if thread titles didn't include swear words and didn't include any terms not considered safe for work.

However, this forum has always moderated itself pretty well in my view and that's the way it should stay. The extreme Mary Whitehouse style views of the OP whinging at the mods and the conspiracy theorists of the board's very own mouth-frothing pet chipmunk, looney, are best ignored.

This is the correct answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here