Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why aren't the mods doing their job?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No, no it's not. As explained though - proactive moderating is undoubtedly lighter during the UK working day.

The big question for me is why you didn't use your main NSC account for this thread.

One thing that has become apparent, there's a lot of people being paid "indirectly" to watch and contribute to this forum while they should be working. Those people then have the audacity to complain about its content and that the Mod's who give up their own time to keep the site on the straight and narrow are somehow to blame.

Your last comment Bozza does somewhat highlight the type of person that you have to deal with!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
One thing that has become apparent, there's a lot of people being paid "indirectly" to watch and contribute to this forum while they should be working. Those people then have the audacity to complain about its content and that the Mod's who give up their own time to keep the site on the straight and narrow are somehow to blame.

Your last comment Bozza does somewhat highlight the type of person that you have to deal with!

:thumbsup: Absolutely !

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bozza does a fantastic job so GET OFF HIS CASE or you may have no NSC left to complain about. Think on.

ps - I missed the thread but it sounded fun.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also the thread sounds like more of a statement about the sort of Women the posters like to hang out with than any comment about the fairer sex in general.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Whilst the OP is being far too prescious, I think he has a point about thread titles.

As far as I'm concerned, anything reasonble should go once inside the thread, but when you're browsing NSC from work, it would be useful if thread titles didn't include swear words and didn't include any terms not considered safe for work.

However, this forum has always moderated itself pretty well in my view and that's the way it should stay. The extreme Mary Whitehouse style views of the OP whinging at the mods and the conspiracy theorists of the board's very own mouth-frothing pet chipmunk, looney, are best ignored.

I agree with most of what you say, although if certain contributors to NSC are always writing stuff that's best ignored because it's always on the extreme and distasteful side then surely they should be banned. End of?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Why is it pathetic exactly? Pathetic to assume this board is moderated? I think you are being a bit over defensive because you are a mod.

Here here:thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I still don't understand what your problem with that thread is. Yes it's highly juvenile, but there's no swearing in the title and you don't need to open it. Please could you explain why you find it so offensive?

:facepalm:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003

:facepalm:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You may be a cute little chipmunk, but your views are amusing and laughable. Have you shot up any American high schools today?

you need frontal lobes to understand what I post so you had better stick to looking at the pretty avatars

I shouldn't be to mean though or you'll start crying and smearing your make-up or start bashing your monitor with your rolled up copy of The Sun, or both.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
you need frontal lobes to understand what I post so you had better stick to looking at the pretty avatars

I shouldn't be to mean though or you'll start crying and smearing your make-up or start bashing your monitor with your rolled up copy of The Sun, or both.
2/10.

Not even faintly amusing or cutting. Just plain old gibberish.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Why is it pathetic exactly? Pathetic to assume this board is moderated? I think you are being a bit over defensive because you are a mod.

I saw the offending thread, and wasn't all that happy about it, because I thought it would offend some of our female members.
If I'd known about the triangle option, I may have clicked on it, but I wasn't. Bozza reminded us, and that's fair enough.

What was pathetic was the excuse used for not reporting the issue.

As for not knowing about the red triangle, did you know that you can private message the moderators? and other members if need be.

You clearly were not bothered about offending female members back in Feb 2006.

Can I also remind all members that anyone who has accounts in other names, as has been highlighted on this occasion, will have the accounts dealt with accordingly.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What was pathetic was the excuse used for not reporting the issue.

As for not knowing about the red triangle, did you know that you can private message the moderators? and other members if need be.

Can I also remind all members that anyone who has accounts in other names, as has been highlighted on this occasion, will have the accounts dealt with accordingly.

Bit patronising just because your original response was slightly OTT (and just because not everyone agrees with your take on this matter)

El P and Giraffe seem to be 2 MODs who "get it" - clearly you haven't if that's how you respond ???

Poyet Laureate

Nov 17, 2009
The big question for me is why you didn't use your main NSC account for this thread.

I wouldn't have thought that was a difficult question for you to find an answer to. It is rather obvious what people would have said if I had, which is something I learned long ago.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Bit patronising just because your original response was slightly OTT (and just because not everyone agrees with your take on this matter)

El P and Giraffe seem to be 2 MODs who "get it" - clearly you haven't if that's how you respond ???

I am not patronising, nor was my original response OTT, you maybe are choosing to read it that way.

You are entitled to your opinions regarding my moderating ability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here