Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why aren't the mods doing their job?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Oh I see...............so you excused yourself because you obviously realise that you are completely biased AGAINST "vulture".

No change there then.

Personally, I think it,s time you stepped down.

I am 'biased' against anyone who makes idiotic posts.

If you want to hire and fire mods, start your own message board.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Whilst the OP is being far too prescious, I think he has a point about thread titles.

As far as I'm concerned, anything reasonble should go once inside the thread, but when you're browsing NSC from work, it would be useful if thread titles didn't include swear words and didn't include any terms not considered safe for work.

However, this forum has always moderated itself pretty well in my view and that's the way it should stay. The extreme Mary Whitehouse style views of the OP whinging at the mods and the conspiracy theorists of the board's very own mouth-frothing pet chipmunk, looney, are best ignored.
I'm with this:thumbsup:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Does anyone else work in an open plan office? What is so difficult to understand that he's not talking about content but thread titles which you have no choice but to see it if it's next to one entitled "Transfer Rumour"?

I am making a general point that any potentially offensive content is likely to be left on display for a while until it is dealt with.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I checked the friendly match report on a Luton Town forum last night to see how LuaLua played because there wasn't anything on the Newcastle United sites. They had a red 18 advisory sticker at the top left of the home page which is better than thread titles which end with NSFW and is totally dependent on the threadstarter remembering to add it. I recently reported a username which could have got office workers into serious trouble as it stood out glaringly on the screen.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Isn't this a football forum ? Getting off topic sometimes with requests for advice is fine but I look at the main board sometimes and think that it has been taken over by some year 9 class in a boy's school. It would be better if they did their growing up somewhere else.

I couldn't agree more.No-one objects to funny or even bawdy postings as well as footy ones,but there are a number of really bad taste over the top postings that quite honestly have no place on NSC.
Besides the Albion discussions,I enjoy the political banter and the general airing of views etc.but draw the line at the puerile postings of some of the idiots on here.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Lately there have been postings on NSC with titles that could get some of us into serious difficulties if the Big Board is left on our screens. I can access NSC at work but I suspect that will change if the powers-that-be see thread titles about smelly fannies etc.

It seems to me that some of the users on here have no respect for fellow users. Today's thread by Munkfish is an obvious example. I'm told there used to be some understanding about what thread titles could contain (ie certain words etc would not be used). Now though, some of our less mature members don't seem to give a hoot about what they put on here.

So what are the mods doing about it? Don't give me that guff about having to report it - we are talking thread TITLES here, not content of threads, although in today's case I reckon the whole thread should go as I can't think of any way to word the title without it being obvious what it is.

I really want to be able to use NSC at work, but I won't if this continues. Please have some respect for those of us in that situation.

:tosser::tosser: do one you plonker..!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The extreme Mary Whitehouse style views of the OP whinging at the mods and the conspiracy theorists of the board's very own mouth-frothing pet chipmunk, looney, are best ignored.

Keep squealing my Name Gimpster, I know I'm in your head pissing on your motherboard.:laugh:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Keep squealing my Name Gimpster, I know I'm in your head pissing on your motherboard.:laugh:
You may be a cute little chipmunk, but your views are amusing and laughable. Have you shot up any American high schools today?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why didn't I report it? To be honest, I can't understand why a thread title along the lines of "women who look as if their fannies smell bad" would even need reporting

So you didn't bother reporting it - and then got annoyed when it wasn't immediately removed.

If it offended you, how about taking a bit of responsibility and reporting it yourself, instead of relying on or assuming somoene else who was equally offended would do it for you ?

Poyet Laureate

Nov 17, 2009
So you didn't bother reporting it - and then got annoyed when it wasn't immediately removed.

If it offended you, how about taking a bit of responsibility and reporting it yourself, instead of relying on or assuming somoene else who was equally offended would do it for you ?

I think you have missed the point entirely. If this forum is moderated AT ALL then I think it is fair to expect that such blatantly obvious titles would be acted upon sometime in the first five or six hours. Just removing things people complain about isn't proper moderating.

I've no problem with the way the mods handle things that are reported to them, but is that the extent of their moderating? That is why I used the title I did for this thread.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've no problem with the way the mods handle things that are reported to them, but is that the extent of their moderating?

No, no it's not. As explained though - proactive moderating is undoubtedly lighter during the UK working day.

That is why I used the title I did for this thread.

The big question for me is why you didn't use your main NSC account for this thread.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
No, no it's not. As explained though - proactive moderating is undoubtedly lighter during the UK working day.

The big question for me is why you didn't use your main NSC account for this thread.

The plot thickens!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Of course there is one way of dealing with the NSFW situation, you could always get on with your job rather than read NSC !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here