Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why aren't the mods doing their job?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
People need to use their brains. Do you lot really have NSC plastered all over your screens at work?

Sometimes things are borderline on here, if they weren't then it would be alot less fun, there's only so many times you can discuss the lenght of the grass at withdean or the colour of the bricks at Falmer. If the borderline stuff will lose you your job then don't risk it. Go on Brightonfans.com and join in with the brown nosing of london irish and yorkie.

Munkfish's thread barely registered on the offensive scale. Grow some balls people, grow some balls.

Poyet Laureate

Nov 17, 2009
Is this another of those threads where people are complaining that 'someone' should do something. Without fully realising that mods are real people with real lives doing their best?

Are you suggesting that mods volunteer as mods but aren't able to actually do the job? If that is the case then the problem is we have the wrong mods.

But I don't think it is. I think they just need a wake up call from time to time, and that is what I have done.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
A large amount of posters on here are f*** wits, this can be seen on match days by those that have their NSC name on their shirts. Some of these people you can tell have come from a dodgy gene pool.

That said, It's easy enough not to come on here if they wind you up that much.

It is something you will never change especially as I expect half the Mods are part of the clique anyway.

Don't worry about it

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Isn't this a football forum ?

where did you get that silly notion from?

That's not an acceptable answer.

its a perfect answer. report a poorly chosen title with " this isnt suitable title " so Bozza & co can react. moderators do their role in accordance with the house rules. they arent there to judge if someone's work colleges might not like something. thats your responsibility. Dont like it, find another forum or only view at home.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Are you suggesting that mods volunteer as mods but aren't able to actually do the job? If that is the case then the problem is we have the wrong mods.

But I don't think it is. I think they just need a wake up call from time to time, and that is what I have done.

This Person has got to be a wind up.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A large amount of posters on here are f*** wits, this can be seen on match days by those that have their NSC name on their shirts. Some of these people you can tell have come from a dodgy gene pool.

That said, It's easy enough not to come on here if they wind you up that much.

It is something you will never change especially as I expect half the Mods are part of the clique anyway.

Don't worry about it

Uh oh, looks like the ubermenschen are here to tell it like it is.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As a fairly recently joined moderator I have to say it has been a real eye opener. There are a serious amount of childish posters on this board, one in particular springs to mind, who basically go out of their way just to annoy other users, and then also start reporting them for bans when they react. It really is childish stuff.

And with regards to deleting offensive posts it is such a fine balance between what is traditional NSC fun and what is considered offensive.

The other point about us all working during the day is very valid. For example today I was on NSC on and off for much of the day but didn't see the thread in question as at that time I was in a meeting. Therefore as others have said we really do rely on others to report this sort of thing. We then get an email which we can hopefully then act on. I really feel that everyone gets it about right but now and then we are let down by childish users. I would say it is as close to perfect as it can be.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
who is this pompus arsehole... the thread is no worse than i have seen on here before in the past.

i often view it from work, i wouldnt want anyone to see half the thread names but its quite simple close it if people look over your shoulder or not at all.

Oi Noncefish, you haven't responded to my question about your obsession with child sex and breaking the law(civil and criminal) and possibly NSC rules here.....

People who have always been Old... - Page 3 - North Stand Chat

Dont tell me youve already turned into a spineless weasal.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Well thank you for now removing the thread - and my complaint wasn't aimed at you specifically, but the modship in general. Perhaps better guidelines need to be issued to the mods if it takes five or six hours for action to be taken on something so blatant. And I only say that because I know there is little point in just asking posters to be more respectful of others.
shut up and get a life you fuckin silly PRAT

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
To be honest, that moral high ground you're trying to occupy looks a wee bit low from here.

I'm not trying to take any moral high ground. I'm just calling a twat a twat. Poyet Laueatte needs to learn the mods have favourites. When someone made a pedo jibe at US they all come running, anyone else can whistle.

Maybe US is one of the protected posters, or maybe munkbitch, I dont know how the cliques work on here.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm not trying to take any moral high ground. I'm just calling a twat a twat. Poyet Laueatte needs to learn the mods have favourites. When someone made a pedo jibe at US they all come running, anyone else can whistle.

Maybe US is one of the protected posters, or maybe munkbitch, I dont know how the cliques work on here.

I hate to be picky but you called him a nonce and then made veiled threats about criminal and civil (presumably libel) action relating to child sex jibes. Admittedly, I'm not Rumpole of the Bailey but I might just be able to spot a bit of a flaw in your argument.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Leave it to you night owls to debate.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As usual, a binfest :)

FFS, if you don't like it, click the damn triangle and move on

Jeez

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I hate to be picky but you called him a nonce and then made veiled threats about criminal and civil (presumably libel) action relating to child sex jibes. Admittedly, I'm not Rumpole of the Bailey but I might just be able to spot a bit of a flaw in your argument.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Leave it to you night owls to debate.

they say assumption is the mother of all f*** ups and it seems to be your MO. ie i was not making threats, just explaining to a tard why he is a tard.

I called him a nonce because the fucker keeps posting child sex references? How the f*** is that comparable? Yea go to bed Dilbert your definatley no rumpole.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis

I'm finding you increasingly tedious. But here's an idea. You pay me my commercial hourly charge of £95 which includes post-shoot editing and supply of high res images. I can then throw the cameras away and sit in front of NSC 24/7 using my telepathic powers to work out whether today is the day that someone is going to have the vapours if the word "minge" appears in a post. Or, to be fair, given that you want the job done properly, whether someone is about to think of using "minge" in a post.

Sound reasonable to you?

No, thought not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here