• Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Guus Hiidink

Votes: 15 13.5%

• Total voters

Dandyman

In London village.
Sneaky George said:
I don't think it's a " non starter" at all. What matters much more is if he has the credentials to do the job rather than any quasi religious background he may have had by managing Celtic. Would the FA appoint not someone because a few morons still continue to borishly go on about " no surrender?" Of course not. The issues with O'Neil are football ones and then family concerns, not his Celtic background.

What if it is an issue for him ?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Steve McClaren :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

What has he ever done? Made Middlesborough one of most boring sides to watch in the Premiership despite having loads of cash to spend?

The next England manager needs to be good tatically.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
The gulf in class between the foreign possibilities and the English ones is immense.

Hiddink - 1 European Cup, 4 Dutch titles, 4 Dutch Cups, 2 World Cup semi-finals, 1 European Championship Quarter final, qualified Australia for their first World Cup since 1974.

Capello - 1 European Cup (Runner Up twice), 5 Serie A titles (with 3 different teams), 1 Primera Liga title.

Hitzfeld - 2 European Cups, 6 Bundesliga titles, 2 German Cups, 2 Swiss titles, 3 Swiss Cups, 2 World Club Championships.

Scolari - 1 World Cup, 1 European Championship final, 2 Copa Libertadores, 1 Brazilian title, 2 Brazilian Cups.

Compared with:

Allardyce - 1 Irish 1st Division title, 1 English Division 3 title, 1 English Division 1 Play-off final win, 1 League Cup final.

McClaren - 1 League Cup win.

Curbishley - 1 English Division 1 title, 1 English Division 1 Play-off final win.

Hmm.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
The gulf in class between the foreign possibilities and the English ones is immense.

Hiddink - 1 European Cup, 4 Dutch titles, 4 Dutch Cups, 2 World Cup semi-finals, 1 European Championship Quarter final, qualified Australia for their first World Cup since 1974.

Capello - 1 European Cup (Runner Up twice), 5 Serie A titles (with 3 different teams), 1 Primera Liga title.

Hitzfeld - 2 European Cups, 6 Bundesliga titles, 2 German Cups, 2 Swiss titles, 3 Swiss Cups, 2 World Club Championships.

Scolari - 1 World Cup, 1 European Championship final, 2 Copa Libertadores, 1 Brazilian title, 2 Brazilian Cups.

Compared with:

Allardyce - 1 Irish 1st Division title, 1 English Division 3 title, 1 English Division 1 Play-off final win, 1 League Cup final.

Curbishley - 1 English Division 1 title, 1 English Division 1 Play-off final win.

Hmm.

Exactly.

Ex Shelton Seagull said:

Compared with:

Hmm.

That sums it up in a nutshell.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Eriksson has lots of shiney pots to his name in club football as well. Yet he still got nowhere near unlocking the true potential of this England team. Club and International football are two very different animals.

E

enigma

The trouble is, there is no outstanding English candidate to replace Sven.

That said, I am sure we could find a better foreigner. Hiddink took the Australia job, I am sure we could find someone of equal stature. He's definitely a better manager than Sven.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I think it will either be Mclaren or Allardice. But i think it should be, undoubtedly, honestly, defenetly Martin O'neill.:bowdown:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
Eriksson has lots of shiney pots to his name in club football as well. Yet he still got nowhere near unlocking the true potential of this England team. Club and International football are two very different animals.

So why should Allardyce get it? Surely HJiddink is the most qualified?

Who out of the two would you prefer?

E

enigma

Anyone that says McLaren is a joke. Look at how much money he has spent. I'd rather have Allardyce or Curbishley.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Uncle Buck said:
In fairness as a Catholic playing for Northern Ireland that was a rarity. Lennon quit international football due to the abuse he got from the Windsor Park crowd as he played for Celtic.

I think O'Neil is a non-starter due to the long running issues with some of the English support (why take a job where if things go wrong you will get some very personal abuse?) and I would hazard a guess that managing England would be the last thing he would want to do due to geographical rivalry.

Im with Simster on this, i beleive O'Neill if he fancies the job would take it if offered, he is available, no compensation is required and he can do the job and look after his wife at the same time.

I like 99% of people dont even think about the fact hes an irish catholic, so what is my view.

I would like to think the views of a few mindless idiots would not sway the FA in appointing/interviewing a very strong candidate.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
So why should Allardyce get it? Surely HJiddink is the most qualified?

Who out of the two would you prefer?
Other than reading a list of things he's won on the continent, what do we really know about Hiddink ? I'm not saying he'd necessarily be a bad appointment, but I think theres more to be considered when appointing an England manager than simply counting cups.

I like to see proof that a manager can make a team even more than the sum of its parts. That he can work with players to get the best out of them, get that bit extra out of the. A manager that players respect and respond to. I see that in Allardyce. OK, its never going to result in a procession of trophies at a club like Bolton, because the gulf in the Premiership between the elite and the rest is simply too vast nowadays. But given the chance on a bigger stage, I think Allardyce would be a huge success.

Thats not to say I'd dismiss Hiddink out of hand mind. But my gut feeling is that Allardyce is the man for this job.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Easy 10 said:

I like to see proof that a manager can make a team even more than the sum of its parts. That he can work with players to get the best out of them, get that bit extra out of the. A manager that players respect and respond to.
South Korea in the sem finals, Australia qualified.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here