Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Guus Hiidink

Votes: 15 13.5%

• Total voters

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Easy 10 said:
If the FA are going english this time (which I think they probably will), then all roads lead to Sam. He is by far and away the most outstanding english candidate.

I hope not they'll have to take the roof off wembley and recline the seats so we can see the ball.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
Martin Jol, well at least he knows how to manage English players.

Then Spurs could have the manager you deserve, Mr Sven himself :D

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
KinkyHitler said:
And cap Kevin davies, then complain non stop

We didn't win the world cup because the refs have a vendetta against me and my players, its not because you're teaching them to kick lumps out of the other players then Sam?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I think they will put McClaren in.

I think it would be a bad move as he has hardly set the world alight at Boro despite spending millions, but he has been groomed for the job.

It will be Graham Taylor all over

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Redhead said:
I hope not they'll have to take the roof off wembley and recline the seats so we can see the ball.
Thats right, I can just hear it now:

Sam: "Right, heres the plan lads. Rio, Sol, I just want you to f***ing WELLY it up to Michael all afternoon. Got it ?"
Lampard: "But boss, don't I get to see the ball ?"
Sam: "f*** off with yer namby pamby midfield"
Rooney: "Can't I drop off now and then to pick up the ball in the middle and run at em' gaffer ?"
Sam: "Am I talking to my f***ing self here ? I don't want that ball so much as TOUCHING the centre circle, right ? Anyone plays a ball along the floor and I'll have you OFF and showered before you can say 'little triangle' "

Yup, thats exactly how it'd be under Sam. Why use a midfield with the likes of Cole/Lampard/Beckham/Gerrard/SWP when you can just BYPASS it completely eh ? Cos Sams got no idea how to get a team playing to its strengths does he.

Lets have that nice Steve McLaren instead.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Remember Allardyce castigated one of his players for scoring a goal because he shote from outside the penalty area.

He is simply Graham Taylor with a whippet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It will be Steve Mclaren - which is a shame because I'd like to see Peter Taylor running the show. Absolutely top coach - just not a good wheeler dealer.

Not even the FA are dumb enough to give it to Sam Allardyce.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Martin O'Neill is the man for the job, but it depends on whether he is ready and whether he has already been tapped up to manage United.

The English managers in that list are dreadful.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Why would anyone in their right mind want to be England manager?

Might be right time for McLaren though, especially as Boro look like they are in terminal decline. I'd like Peter Taylor to do it, but don't think the FA will overlook Mclaren

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
Why would anyone in their right mind want to be England manager?

Might be right time for McLaren though, especially as Boro look like they are in terminal decline. I'd like Peter Taylor to do it, but don't think the FA will overlook Mclaren

I could think of about 4 million reasons every year if they get the same money as Sven !

Please please please not Mclaren.
I could just about stomach Curbishley or Allardyce although id rather not, and Pearce and Jewell havent the experience yet.

Its O'Neill, Hiddink or Scolari for me, not an English choice amongst them i know, but its how i see it.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Easy 10 said:
Thats right, I can just hear it now:

Sam: "Right, heres the plan lads. Rio, Sol, I just want you to f***ing WELLY it up to Michael all afternoon. Got it ?"
Lampard: "But boss, don't I get to see the ball ?"
Sam: "f*** off with yer namby pamby midfield"
Rooney: "Can't I drop off now and then to pick up the ball in the middle and run at em' gaffer ?"
Sam: "Am I talking to my f***ing self here ? I don't want that ball so much as TOUCHING the centre circle, right ? Anyone plays a ball along the floor and I'll have you OFF and showered before you can say 'little triangle' "

Yup, thats exactly how it'd be under Sam. Why use a midfield with the likes of Cole/Lampard/Beckham/Gerrard/SWP when you can just BYPASS it completely eh ? Cos Sams got no idea how to get a team playing to its strengths does he.

I'm not sure - well firstly I'd HATE it to be McLaren, and secondly I think Allardyce is actually very good at getting a team to play to its strengths. Bolton have a load of big, tall motherfuckers so he gets them to lump the ball up to him. Meanwhile they commit GBH on the defenders, get the ball down and hey presto, they're sixth(?) in the league.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Paul Jewell with Bobby helping out?A good up and coming manager is what e need

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There's not an Englishman qualified to do the job. :(

Hiddink is probably the best realistic choice.

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Easy 10 said:

Cos Sams got no idea how to get a team playing to its strengths does he.

But Sam also has built his success around signing aging foreign mercenaries, bar Nolan, Hunt andO'Brien the players are old and foreign. Not exactally ideal Sam 'Potato Head' Allardyce trying a dodgy free transfer in the passport office to prove Roger Miller is infact English, never played for Cameroon, and more importantly do a job.

BarrelofFun said:
Steve Bloody McClaren is highly overrated. He is in the same mold as Sven. I would like someone like Hiddink or O'Neill.

What has McClaren ever won?

Spot on. What has he actually achieved at Middlesborough? Absolutely f*** all.

My first choice would be Mourinho (and I'd offer him as much as he wants), then Scolari, who did a good job as a FOREIGNER with Portugal. After that, Martin O'Neill. Then Wenger, Capello or Hiddink. Then, perhaps, after that, I'd consider an Englishman. Not that any of them are even vaguely capable of doing a job.

And if Sam "Mike Bassett" Allardyce gets the job I'll support Scotland........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here