Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Guus Hiidink

Votes: 15 13.5%

• Total voters

Silent Bob said:
There's not an Englishman qualified to do the job. :(

Hiddink is probably the best realistic choice.

AGREE 100%

Not that the Little Englander Daily Mail Brigade will ever get that into their thick skulls :angry:

What would you think of Scolari for the job?

He has an excellent international record even as a DIRTY SCUM FOREIGNER when he was Portugal manager. Get 'im in.

Hiddinks contract with Australia runs out when the Socceroos exit the WC, so IMHO after round 2

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Chesney Christ 1 said:
AGREE 100%

Not that the Little Englander Daily Mail Brigade will ever get that into their thick skulls :angry:

What would you think of Scolari for the job?

He has an excellent international record even as a DIRTY SCUM FOREIGNER when he was Portugal manager. Get 'im in.
Yeah he's a good candidate, I'd not thought of him. What is he doing at the moment?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Redhead said:
But Sam also has built his success around signing aging foreign mercenaries, bar Nolan, Hunt andO'Brien the players are old and foreign. Not exactally ideal Sam 'Potato Head' Allardyce trying a dodgy free transfer in the passport office to prove Roger Miller is infact English, never played for Cameroon, and more importantly do a job.
The fella is just cutting his cloth according to the finances at Bolton. And he's actually getting a hell of a lot out of those "foreign mercenaries" - a lot more than the likes of Sven ever would on Sams kind of budget. Allardyce has a knack of taking mostly discarded players, (Diouff, Campo) and getting that extra 10-15% out of them for the team. Its called motivation.

And thats EXACTLY what we need for England. We've already got the players - they just need to be organised, galvanised, led and inspired. Big Sam can do that.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Easy 10 said:
And thats EXACTLY what we need for England. We've already got the players - they just need to be organised, galvanised, led and inspired. Big Sam can do that.
Do you remember a fella called Kevin Keegan?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anyone know what the situation is with Martin O'neill's Mrs ?

He is the nearest we have to an Englishman qualified for the job, with the best prospect, Pearce, being at least 5 years experience short of the job.

If he is not available it should be down to Hiidink, Scolari, Moriniho, Wenger or Benitez.

Unfortunately the twats at the FA, NOTW and Daily mail will ensure we have a choice of McLaren, Allardyce or Curbishley, and out of that Curbishley is the lesser of three evils. :down:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
If it's Allardyce that will mean donkey Crouch will start every game (probably alongside that other donkey Heskey).

The 6 man defence will be made up of league 2 shit brick houses.

2 miscellaneous midfielders.

Owen will be a mascot.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've just had a bet on Big Phil at 20-1 and a couple of quid on Alan Shearer at 100-1.

Not quite as mad as all that: both Germany and Netherlands have just appointed a recent striker with little experience - so it's worth a punt.

WATFORD zero said:

Unfortunately the twats at the FA, NOTW and Daily mail will ensure we have a choice of McLaren, Allardyce or Curbishley, and out of that Curbishley is the lesser of three evils. :down:

True. Its sad but this kind of john-bull-little-englander-look-at-our-empire-who-won-the-war-anyway type attitude seems to have pervaded even the respected posters of NSC such as Easy 10 who has become convinced that Sam Allardyce is a better football manager than Jose Mourinho simply because it says "British" on his passport.

:nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Silent Bob said:
Do you remember a fella called Kevin Keegan?
Ummmm....short fella. Bubble perm. Falls off bikes. Yeah, I remember. His tactical strategy included him leaning out of the technical area and thumping the three lions on his tracksuit top. His heart was in the right place, but unfortunately he left his brain on a golf course in La Manga.

Your point ?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chesney Christ 1 said:
True. Its sad but this kind of john-bull-little-englander-look-at-our-empire-who-won-the-war-anyway type attitude seems to have pervaded even the respected posters of NSC such as Easy 10 who has become convinced that Sam Allardyce is a better football manager than Jose Mourinho simply because it says "British" on his passport.

:nono:
Nope.
I'd have Mourinho in the job this very afternoon, if he'd have it. I have no qualms whatsoever about a foreigner managing England, I just want the best man for the job. Mourinho ticks every single box for me, the fella is a top class manager and would be brilliant for England. He's the dream ticket.

But its POINTLESS even mentioning him, because he's not going to take the England job. So we're left with sifting through "the best of the rest". I don't think there are any other foreign managers who are outstanding candidates, but I DO think we need someone who is familiar with England and knows our league. I wouldn't object to Wenger getting the job, but again, I don't think he'll be interested.

Doesn't leave us with much, but out of whats left, I think Sams the best choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here