• Martin O'Neill

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Guus Hiidink

Votes: 15 13.5%

• Total voters

An Englishman for the job please.

I have nothing against foreign managers for club positions, but the nature of the England management job goes beyond a hired-hand professional. The players have to play for the country, for the England shirt, and representing the country of England. Other countries can hire any mercenary they like, but personally I think the England manager has to be as English as the players.

Swain has simply underlined this opinion, and after all the clamour before he took the job, from all quarters, he is an embarrassment to everyone who stood by and defended the decision to hire him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that with all the bad press etc about Sven they will go for a reliable PR Man Trevor Brooking not because he is the best but because he appears squeaky clean and promotes a good image..

NMH said:

Swain has simply underlined this opinion,

No he hasn't. What nonsense. Because one foreign manager has proved to be something of a rogue why does that mean that ALL foreigners would? Its just Sven's nature. Its like saying we should never employ a left handed manager because Graham Taylor was left-handed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here