Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Do You Want As Next England Manager?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Agree with Gully
We do not have to look beyond Roy Hodgson
The role is perfect for him and England

Yeh because he has achieved so much in football. Just because you manage a lot of clubs in Europe does not make you a top manager. I would be hugely disappointed If Roy Hodgson was appointed. Has to be Harry for me, No other Englishman has the credentials

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
Yeh because he has achieved so much in football. Just because you manage a lot of clubs in Europe does not make you a top manager. I would be hugely disappointed If Roy Hodgson was appointed. Has to be Harry for me, No other Englishman has the credentials

Yeah because Harry has achieved so much in football. Just because you win the FA Cup having played ONE Premier League team en route and by bankrupting a club in the process does not make you a top manager

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
The fact that Redknapp still states that we need to build the team round John Terry, Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard should be enough for his candidacy to be rendered null and void. Have we learnt nothing in the last 10 years?

Marcus

Jan 2, 2011
Hastings
ME. I know my football and would make a great manager of England.

On Championship Manager on the xBox.

Seriously though, Harry Redknapp.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
4 of which who have won considerably less in the game than

this chap

So why would they be any different?

I think Hiddink would be good, he has loads of international tournament experience, which is what we need.

eerrr because they all speak perfect english for starters and could actually communicate with the players.
Also all of them have immense knowledge of English football, something Cappello has/had no idea off.
And All of them play attacking football generally, something that Italian coaches dont have the mindset for generally.
I could go on...

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Yeah because Harry has achieved so much in football. Just because you win the FA Cup having played ONE Premier League team en route and by bankrupting a club in the process does not make you a top manager

Harry took over a Spurs team bottom of the league, Look whats happened since. Spurs are now a quality side playing really good football. As for bankrupting a team i think you will find that was the Pompey owner. Do you have any better suggestions as to who it should be?

Oct 25, 2003
Had a tough play off draw, unlucky not to draw Estonia.

Also, he took Russia to the Euro 2008 semis

he did but then failed to qualify with russia in 2010

regardless of who turkey got in their draw, failure to qualify for two tournaments in a row sets off a few alarm bells for me

Oct 25, 2003
Harry took over a Spurs team bottom of the league, Look whats happened since. Spurs are now a quality side playing really good football. As for bankrupting a team i think you will find that was the Pompey owner. Do you have any better suggestions as to who it should be?

harry is probably the best english candidate (unfortunately as i really don't think he's world class)

i just don't think it should go to an englishman for the sake of it

Oct 25, 2003
eerrr because they all speak perfect english for starters and could actually communicate with the players.
Also all of them have immense knowledge of English football, something Cappello has/had no idea off.
And All of them play attacking football generally, something that Italian coaches dont have the mindset for generally.
I could go on...

does hiddink have an "immense knowledge of english football"?! he managed here for about half a season

i can see your point though, its not like england recently stuck perfectly to a game plan against the best team in the world or anything is it....so it seems the players have no idea what capello wants them to do...and because you obviously spend a lot of time in the england dressing room, you WOULD know how well he communicates with the players

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield

Plenty - but none of them fit in with this "must be English" criteria

And you seem to be forgetting that a fair few of that Spurs team only didn't qualify for the Champions League because of one dodgy meal. Martin Jol was ludicrously replaced by Ramos who had no clue about English football and that is why they struggled so badly. Trying to claim that Redknapp taking them from the bottom to Europe was some sort of miracle is ridiculous when they had a squad that was easily good enough to qualify for the Europa League and were only in their current predicament because of a manager who was hopelessly out of his depth in this country

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Plenty - but none of them fit in with this "must be English" criteria

And you seem to be forgetting that a fair few of that Spurs team only didn't qualify for the Champions League because of one dodgy meal. Martin Jol was ludicrously replaced by Ramos who had no clue about English football and that is why they struggled so badly. Trying to claim that Redknapp taking them from the bottom to Europe was some sort of miracle is ridiculous when they had a squad that was easily good enough to qualify for the Europa League and were only in their current predicament because of a manager who was hopelessly out of his depth in this country
Yeh you are right, The squad they had was good enough. It just needed a top manager to bring out the best in them. Harry did that. Is Harry the reason Spurs got to Champions League? Yes

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There's only two clear contenders: Harry Redknapp and Stuart Pearce.

So, with Redknapp in jail for tax evasion, that'll be Pearce then.

Fine by me. The players he has worked with in the U21s will need to be the core of his side by the end of this summer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Martin O'Neill. I just think he'd be the right sort of temperament. Don't know why.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here