Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Do You Want As Next England Manager?

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Be a bit hard for Harry to be manager when he gets put away for tax evasion.

Exactly this, Clough was prob the the best candidate for the job in his time but never in a million years would they appoint him, I think the same goes for Harry. Hodgson next followed by Adkins when he's had success at a higher level and actually won something! Why does no-one mention Curbishly anymore? Has he officially retired from football for good now?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have to say that I don't get why people are desperate for Redknapp. What's he ever done in his managerial career to merit him getting the England job?

This, plus the fact that all these people raving over him becoming top man seem to turn a blind eye to his impending court case. I wonder how many were indignant at Terry retaining the armband but seem oblivious to the potential embarrassment that Redknapp could create. Anyone remember Venables!

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
I thought the FA had back tracked on the next manager having to be English, saying that what they meant was they had to be English speaking.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not dodgy Harry or Fat Sam that is for certain. Could do a lot worse that Roy Hodgson after his experience with other nations and leagues but doubt that will happen after the Liverpool fiasco. No objection to a foreigner taking over the job though

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I have to say that I don't get why people are desperate for Redknapp. What's he ever done in his managerial career to merit him getting the England job?
Absolutely nothing. It's like the time they gave it to Ron Greenwood. But if it's a choice of Redknapp, Pearce or Allardyce ...

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
Gareth Southgate. Don't want Redknapp to get it, as he is doing good things at Tottenham. Can't see him taking it either, he didn't like missing 4 weeks through his heart surgery, so how is he going to cope with 1 game every 3-4 months?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Guus Hiddink.

Has a reasonable track record of getting the best performances out of very limited talent at international level, which is what we need.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

To be fair to Redknapp, he has done a decent job at Spurs. Yes he's had money, but so do all the Managers up the top of the Premier League. He's built an exciting side at the top level that plays attacking football and is in with a decent chance of winning the odd trophy. Which other current English Managers have done that?

But as someone else said, if he wasn't English then he wouldn't be in the frame.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hiddink, Wenger, Mourinho, Redknapp, O'Neill Thats 5 I would be happy with.

4 of which who have won considerably less in the game than

I told you Capello was a Clown....

this chap

So why would they be any different?

I think Hiddink would be good, he has loads of international tournament experience, which is what we need.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
......plus we'd have lennon on the right wing every game, deadly ledley at the back and probably huddlestone as captain (well, maybe not the last one)! if i was the fa i would go for mourinho, someone with balls!
whoever said beckham, do me a favour. plus, he can't speak english! and pearce is a terrible manager, great player, terrible manager.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Martin O'Neill
Having someone with comparatively high respect between fans, media and players is half the battle. He's about the only bloke who could get me slightly interested in our national team again....except of course Mourinho who would be bonkers.

Oct 25, 2003
anyone saying hiddink should check out his RECENT record as an international manager

he's failed to qualify for two tournaments in a row now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here