Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is it with fuckin Brighton fans?

You can certainly name me - good luck with the other bit :wave:

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
Yeah whatever. You are quite happy to take the piss out of posters you appear to think are below you and I am happy to say its f***ing annoying. You're right about the shame bit, its just a saying that came up earlier in the thread. No shame in your posts and you obviously get a kick out of it. You stick to what floats your boat.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I am mostly a lurker and have been since the beginning of NSC (many moons ago 1996 I think). But I think the changes have happened because there is very little new between matches (apart from the odd contract signed :clap2: etc). People have this as their Internet chat site and with the size it is, many wish to make a name for themseleves.

But lets face it there seem to be many famous posters at a time and post loads, and then all but disappear..

e.g. Dwayne, FG (back in another guise), Watford O...

Richie, agree with what your saying, and the attacks are not just a bit of baiting and banter, they are keyboard warriors, that if they said it to your face, they would probably get a slap. Still que sera sera.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Oh dear!

Something has obviously rattled Richie's cage, and if I remember he did take a bit of a hammering over the fanzine business.

I don't post as often as I used to, mostly cos there aren't many threads which really 'grab' me, and I think that is because there isn't that much actual news at the moment.

In general, when I do post, I find most people fair-minded, usually informative, often funny, and I enjoy contributing to threads.

I do sometimes think that some supporters find too much fault with both McGhee and the team, which was bought on a shoestring and overperforming to our general delight.

So what if we were 'lucky' at West Ham, it doesn't say that in the League tables on Sunday morning, no matter how much Pardew (soon to be 'ex' manager) bitches about these things.

However, everyone's entitled to their own opinion and if that is what Richie thinks maybe some of his points should be considered next time someone contemplate rubbishing someone's post?

As for typo's, some of them are funny, and any jibs are usually done in good heart. As someone once said 'it's life and life only.'

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Richie Morris said:
I guess the same way some people automatically assume that whilst typing my orginal post I was angry and jumping up and down in a rage.

Richie Morris said:
I cannot believe you still have a grudge against me because I once said you were wrong because you said there was no hooliganism anymore.

:(

what I remember I said was there was no comparison to the 70's when you seemed to be taking the case it was as bad as it ever was. But that it was more organised, and I believe more violent. You were hoping to get an article published on it at the time.

Any why do you think I bear a grudge ? I look forward to your postings. Apart from the pointless threads.

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
Re: Re: What is it with fuckin Brighton fans?

Citrus said:
It has to be better than fuckin Palace fans though. Might catch something.

:lolol: Oh you do spoil me:clap2:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
If anyone is that upset by being on here they could always stop coming here.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Apart from the spelling mistakes comment, I'm sure some people could easily accuse Richie of all the things he's trying to accuse other people of.

I think these types of threads are easily the worst ones that appear on NSC from time to time

macky said:
yes monster munch
i agree with you
its just a shame that a lot of people would rather be nasyt bastards than the people they really are
but they should remember
some things have a nasty habit and jumping up and biting
its asmall world and all that

Ah - so being a keyboard warrior is bad but making implied threats is OK? ???

Anyway, I'm bored of playing devil's advocate now. There are a few valid points made but, in my opinion. a lot of them are taken out of context or blown up out of all proportion. I just took exception to the thread title attacking all Brighton fans when it clearly meant a few. And I definitely take exception when people complain of bullying and keyboard warriors just because someone disagrees with their point of view. If you can't take criticism, what the hell are you doing on an Internet forum?

If people really are being bullied then it should be stopped. The abuse of Kev (Which, in a way, I started with a thread designed to show him how much he was spamming) did go over the top but he very quickly got very abusive and carried on spamming.

I also find it quite ironic that I have received an abusive PM in the past from one of the "complainers" on this thread and have been openly attacked by another. Am I being bullied? I don't think so.

I suppose I've been patronising now after stringing a few sentences together and making no spelling mistakes. Oh well - I've been called worse and by people on this thread as well. All I have done on this thread is challenge people's views and have received abuse and implied threats from people complaining of bullying. Go figure.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
alan partridge said:
Apart from the spelling mistakes comment, I'm sure some people could easily accuse Richie of all the things he's trying to accuse other people of.

I think these types of threads are easily the worst ones that appear on NSC from time to time

Nail on the head from the man with the large plate.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
This is a very funny thread. You lot really are a bunch of whingers. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

My two pence on the subject is, its a message board, if you don't like what is said and how its said then don't use it, simple as, if you do like it use it. End of story.

tinx said:
This is a very funny thread. You lot really are a bunch of whingers. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

My two pence on the subject is, its a message board, if you don't like what is said and how its said then don't use it, simple as, if you do like it use it. End of story.

I know. But it is quite funny winding up people who only come out when there is a scrap around. :jester:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Excellent thread this. I think you should all climb into a vat of warm custard and beat each other round the head with wet fish until a winner emerges.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bugger me, do you realise how nice NSC is compared to other boards on the net. Id get told off for not spelling 'bugger' with a 'B', if indeed it was allowed at all. people shout at you for merely posting after your own post. mods tick you off or give warnings for not posting in the appropriate forum. some of of the web is run by right facist bastards.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
If your all gonna argue, why cant you argue about something that hasnt already been done to death?

This topic is soooooooo last week.

beorhthelm said:
bugger me, do you realise how nice NSC is compared to other boards on the net. Id get told off for not spelling 'bugger' with a 'B', if indeed it was allowed at all. people shout at you for merely posting after your own post. mods tick you off or give warnings for not posting in the appropriate forum. some of of the web is run by right facist bastards.

Yes - yes I do! Some of the spammers on other boards make Kev look like a learner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here