Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is it with fuckin Brighton fans?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Richie Morris said:
That means that any other fan who shows the slightest signs of constructive criticism with one of the players is automatically slated for being not a good fan.

I am also surprised by exactly how little the majority of football fans actually know about football.

The worst characteristic of Brighton fans however is the dogmatic superfan idea and the way that so many believe somehow they are better fans either because they have a season ticket, have been watching the club for longer or are London Irish.

(I am not talking about On The Left Wing here, who I think is a legend).

Also the really sad sniping from many of the older posters on here is quite tragic.

Lets be fair, who really gives a flying f*** whether someone spells a word wrong or misses out some punctuation. I know I do not.

I just find it very sad that it seems a lot of the fans that used this site use it as a means of making themselves feel all important, witty and popular.

Rant over.

:flameboun

Pretty much sums it all up mate,

"WHAT HE SAID!"
:clap2:

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
The Great Cornholio said:
Just because you are in the clique! :jester:

Oh yeah, sorry I forgot.

Its great being a 'senior' member and a 'superfan'. I get priority on all away game tickets and I even got 30 tickets for Spurs for all my Arsenal supporting friends.

Ahh, the power of the internet......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this the can of worms thread? :ohmy:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Richie Morris said:
That means that any other fan who shows the slightest signs of constructive criticism with one of the players is automatically slated for being not a good fan.

I am also surprised by exactly how little the majority of football fans actually know about football.

The worst characteristic of Brighton fans however is the dogmatic superfan idea and the way that so many believe somehow they are better fans either because they have a season ticket, have been watching the club for longer or are London Irish.

(I am not talking about On The Left Wing here, who I think is a legend).

Also the really sad sniping from many of the older posters on here is quite tragic.

Lets be fair, who really gives a flying f*** whether someone spells a word wrong or misses out some punctuation. I know I do not.

I just find it very sad that it seems a lot of the fans that used this site use it as a means of making themselves feel all important, witty and popular.

Rant over.

What a marvellous thread from start to finish. Poor old Ritchie (or is it Ritchy sp?) gets hyper sensitive about something or other and blames everyone about everything.

Keep em coming.

Minge

Jan 3, 2005
As a 'newbie' I love this place, and no one has been intolerant to me, DESPITE the fact I am the only gay in Falmer village, have a real life so cannot spend a lot of time online, and personally think the Albion is more important than NSC, rather than vice versa.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
If i ever take this messageboard seriously enough to start a schoolyard thread like this, i give you all permission to set fire to my face.

Although, if something bothers you, Ritchie, you have every right to mention it.
Can't we have another "best hair-metal band" poll instead?

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Ha Ha Ha!!! Thats the first thing you have ever posted thats made me laugh Royal Sally

Plank :nono:

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
jonogulls said:
Whilst most people find them insightful and interesting my two most hated posters are Hiney and Lord Bracknell. I find them deeply partonsing, up-their-own-arses wankers to be brutally honest. TLO was also annoying me with his relentless condascending shite, but he seems to have improved recently. It's the main reason why I only post occasionally. Why bother and get cut down by these ageing, balding, low life tosspots?

FANTASTIC! I have officially pilloried by jono! Woo-hoo! Ageing? Jeez, I'm only 35. Balding? Receding, please. Low, life? How can I be condescending AND a low-life? BTW it's 'condescending shite'. :D

Anyway, I am glad for your sake that 'I have improved recently', it makes me feels SO much better. But as I have said before, you have to be of a certain mindset to feel as though you have been patronised. Doncha, jono darrrrling?

Richie - if you hadn't realised I am being ironic here. We, as Brighton fans, are living through troubled times. There are hundreds of people with hundred of opinions on here. Two or more people on here agreeing does not make a clique - really. If anyone disagrees, make the point, make it well, with reason, humour (if appropriate) and intelligence. London Irish, Lord Bracknell, 3gulls, jonogulls, looney, you and me are all equally entitled to have an opinion, and to express it. As long as it is not abusive, it really shouldn't matter.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I suppose taking the piss out of the disabled counts as 'irony' in Reading does it Ali?

You should be f***ing ashamed of yourself.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I do hope SALLY is going to recieve a ban for that.

As far as fuckin Brighton fans goes, it's better than other fans because they tend to enjoy it up the shitter a bit more.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think that post above by "royal Ali" is the most offensive thing I have seen on NSC in all the years I have been on here.

This board is degenerating

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
This thread is class - thanks Rich tea. Even better knowing that I am the ultimate Brighton fan and you are all beneath me. :jester:

more seriously this place has to be taken with a pinch of salt. we all get wound up by something and I don't pretend that I don't, but in the end we all want the same thing - Brighton to do well (obviously some other fans pretend to follow other clubs but really they wish they were one of us).

I LOVE YOU ALL (except BAG)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Arthur said:

Red-card.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here