Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've agreed terms with Dichio

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
cardboard said:
Gifton scored a great goal at Ipswich but was complete rubbish for the other 93 mins

Dichio is a proper trier more skill than GNW and is superb in the air

I reckon he would get 20+ next season

Agree with both your points mate.

I would also say I do not give a f*** who we bring in and will support them all the time they where Brighton colours.

* note to Mcghee, you sign Mcgleish and I will kill you*:lolol:

DannyBhoy

Jul 5, 2003
Burwash, East Sussex
id love to see dichio wearing the stripes!!!

superb player in the air and would certainly make a fair few goals and make us more of a threat at set peices!!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
For f*** sake this is utter CRAP, Dichio is NOT coming (listen to Knight's comments on Seagulls World, Dichio didn't even talk with the club he turned us down flat)

Im sick and tired of hearing about all our nearly buys, it's bloody depressing, every f***ing week now we get the same shit from Mcghee or knight...

"We are close to signing some top class strikers"

...but it NEVER happens

f***ing BULLSHIT

Knight if youre reading this keep ya trap shut until we do actually sign someone half decent again, THEN you can brag and boast about the type of player we are going for/have got.

Knight is the ultimate politician

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he is in his 50's isnt he?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I can't beleive how misleading this thread is and how many people have posted and are convinced he is signing.

I have just watched the seagulls World interview with DK and he clearly states Dichio is staying put at Preston with a year left on his contract.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lush said:
.... I can imagine him being swayed by the thought of living in Brighton.

so could I, apart from the fact that he doesnt want to drop down a division and play in a shoebox:ohmy:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I have to agree with Dwayne about the new PR coming from DK.
He states that we are always hearing that the Albion cant afford to do this that and the other. But we have just put in a substantial bid for a top Championship player and his wages were not a problem?
Whats happened since last season then? have we all of a sudden come into some cash?
Or is this another lets bid for someone who will turn us down!!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
fosters headband said:
I have to agree with Dwayne about the new PR coming from DK.
He states that we are always hearing that the Albion cant afford to do this that and the other. But we have just put in a substantial bid for a top Championship player and his wages were not a problem?
Whats happened since last season then? have we all of a sudden come into some cash?
Or is this another lets bid for someone who will turn us down!!!

Well put - why not bid for someone who is a realistic target?

Because they may sign thats why, then dk is f***ed!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Kinky Gerbils said:
Well put - why not bid for someone who is a realistic target?

Because they may sign thats why, then dk is f***ed!

...and Brighton are the only club I know that BRAG about "top class" players turning us down lol :rolleyes:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Lush said:
Didn't Danny Dichio used to DJ In London? I can imagine him being swayed by the thought of living in Brighton.

Maybe Norm can give him a few warm up sets as part of the deal?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is that it then for a household name? The "we tried but with Withdean and LDC holding up Falmer, no top players will come here, we'll have to make do with the youth and non league signings" line is gonna be trotted out soon isn't it?

It is very worrying that even old not very prolific players won't come here even if we agree terms.

Has GNW gone off the radar now? If we do sign Thorne I hope it's on a pay to play basis, Kitson and Dodd should be a big enough warning.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Dichio wants to stay and fight for his place at Preston. He not unsurprisingly doesn't want to uproot from Lancashire to Sussex and as he's only 31 I can understand that.

I can see the whiners on here getting their pre season bitching going with Dwayne as usual in the vangaurd. I am not too surprised that the player's attitude and frankly think that it doesn't have much to do with the club.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seagullible said:
looks like we won't wait for Dichio to find he can't prove himself at Preston and will now focus on Thorne with the only worry being his fitness

Thorne is another player in the time honoured tradition of BHA signing injury prone players, not worth the risk I reckon.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
According to the argus we matched his wages and were prepared to pay a fee, but he rejected. Why doesn't Dick Knight stop telling us about potential targets and just tell us when he's actually signed someone. Anyone would think he was just trying to get a bit of good publicity and pretend he ever had a chance of signing a top striker. :shootself

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here