Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've agreed terms with Dichio

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
What does the article in the Argus say, the headline on the front page of the online version says he said no for the time being, but when i click on the page it brings up the Murray Goodwin story.

Is it just a case of yeah i'll come if i don't get a chance at Preston ?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
dwayne said:
You still haven't "got" my point have you?

Neither have I

You don't want to hear DK gobbing off about players we nearly signed until we have actually signed a player, but you still want the right to whinge about the lack of any news of potential sigings ......

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Deportivo Seagull said:
Neither have I

You don't want to hear DK gobbing off about players we nearly signed until we have actually signed a player, but you still want the right to whinge about the lack of any news of potential sigings ......

There's a simple distinction here:

we want to be reassured that we are looking for players

we don't want to hear specifics (or, that we are closing in on household players) until the deal has been tied up. It is also dull to bore the fans with all the *named* players we've tried and failed to get, becasue it inevitably sounds like BS a lot of the time.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
dwayne said:

we don't want to hear specifics (or, that we are closing in on household players) until the deal has been tied up. It is also dull to bore the fans with all the *named* players we've tried and failed to get, becasue it inevitably sounds like BS a lot of the time.
Something which is your stock-in-trade.

YOU might not want to hear specifics, but some do. And you have not earned the right to stop people from hearing it should they want to.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
dwayne said:

Sorry Dwayne but people are moaning about that saying stuff along the lines of 'the club claim they are going for players but we want proof of who tehy are' and complaints that the club isn't letting the fans know what is happening. Personally I'm glad they've let us know we tried and failed but I read into it that he may come if he fails to get into Prestons first team.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
dwayne said:

You might not, but I do. How do you know it will bore fans? this thread certainly hasn't. You certainly don't speak for me!

You might think it's BS but then it appears that anything MM or DK are involved with is BS to you. It may well be the case that the club is setting it sights to high. But if we hadn't tried you'd know doubt be bitching about 'how another one has got away'.

:shootself

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Maybe he'll turn up before the season starts. Clearly Simpson doesn't want him at Preston, and maybe once the pre-season games kick-off and he sees how far down the pecking order he is, then he'll re-consider. That's how I read the story.

He IS just what we need though, if his fitness is up to scratch.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dwayne said:

Dwayne, just admit that you enjoy moaning. Naturally we could always get Bens Grandad to make something up if you'd prefer that.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dwayne has a point.

I am heartily fed up with being linked to players who we all know we have bugger all chance of landing ( even this morning the Argus Lite is spouting out the Shippereley rubbish)

I much prefer the club to say....we are looking at one or two players and will announce signings if and when.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Dies Irae said:
Dwayne has a point.

I am heartily fed up with being linked to players who we all know we have bugger all chance of landing ( even this morning the Argus Lite is spouting out the Shippereley rubbish)

I much prefer the club to say....we are looking at one or two players and will announce signings if and when.

which is what they were doing but people started questioning who these players were and if they really existed! :shootself

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seagullible said:
which is what they were doing but people started questioning who these players were and if they really existed! :shootself

you recon

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Dies Irae said:
Dwayne has a point.

absolutely correct.

all well and good to let it be known that a "household name" is about to sign if you've got a history of successfully completing transfers, but with our piss poor record it's pretty poor PR to be spouting off only to be proven wrong....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here