Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've agreed terms with Dichio

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
afters said:
absolutely correct.

all well and good to let it be known that a "household name" is about to sign if you've got a history of successfully completing transfers, but with our piss poor record it's pretty poor PR to be spouting off only to be proven wrong....

I agree with DTG and you, absolutely no point of going to the press or tv about transfers untill they're in to closing negotations with the player and agent.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
brightonfan_86 said:
I agree with DTG and you, absolutely no point of going to the press or tv about transfers untill they're in to closing negotations with the player and agent.

But you have spent the whole of the season crying blue murder, that the club are not doing anything on the trasnfer market. I would rather know that we are chasing various options. Should they have not told us about the trialists?

They have released information that we were chasing Dichio and now released information that he has turned us down. What is wrong with that?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Perry Milkins said:
How is the Tower Block BHA?

:p

I didn't realise you'd moved, you don't get nasty common council estates out here ! We can smell Croydon if the wind is in the wrong direction though.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
bhaexpress said:
I didn't realise you'd moved, you don't get nasty common council estates out here ! We can smell Croydon if the wind is in the wrong direction though.

No I have been here for 22 years. Do you mean the Royal we or the common we?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Perry Milkins said:
No I have been here for 22 years. Do you mean the Royal we or the common we?

Out here its the 'Royal' we are anything but common although there is one nearby.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Dies Irae said:
Dwayne has a point.

I am heartily fed up with being linked to players who we all know we have bugger all chance of landing ( even this morning the Argus Lite is spouting out the Shippereley rubbish)

I much prefer the club to say....we are looking at one or two players and will announce signings if and when.

Thats all well and good but so many people seem to slag the club/knight/MM off for sitting on their fat arses in pre-season and doing nought. It seems the Dichio negotiations were pretty long and lengthy and only crashed because he finally decided he would like to earn a first team place at Preston...............Nothing wrong with that, just highlights the fact how difficult it is to recruit a player of even Dichio's dubious standard taking into consideration the unapealing circumstances the club are in i.e shitty ground, shitty division ect

Good on yer Dick for trying:bowdown:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
BarrelofFun said:
But you have spent the whole of the season crying blue murder, that the club are not doing anything on the trasnfer market. I would rather know that we are chasing various options. Should they have not told us about the trialists?

They have released information that we were chasing Dichio and now released information that he has turned us down. What is wrong with that?

Or what he said:clap:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know what you are saying, I am just venturing an opinion that it is getting tedious now listening to all the stories of all these worldbeaters that we have been trying to sign and they have all turned us down.

I am not in the speculating business as I would suggest we are in no position whatsoever to be able to pick and chose who we want to come here.

Speculation is all very fine, but I would prefer to be mildly surprised at a signing when he/she is presented at a Press Conference than have names bandied about ( by the club) to the local press.

To be honest I dont give a toss who we sign for the next season as I am still 1000000% convinced we need a decent midfield duo and that had been the situation fpr yonks now, but MM doesn't seem to think that is where our problems lie. So there. If he gets Thorne in ( another name bandied about) then great

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Dies Irae said:
I know what you are saying, I am just venturing an opinion that it is getting tedious now listening to all the stories of all these worldbeaters that we have been trying to sign and they have all turned us down.

I am not in the speculating business as I would suggest we are in no position whatsoever to be able to pick and chose who we want to come here.

Speculation is all very fine, but I would prefer to be mildly surprised at a signing when he/she is presented at a Press Conference than have names bandied about ( by the club) to the local press.

To be honest I dont give a toss who we sign for the next season as I am still 1000000% convinced we need a decent midfield duo and that had been the situation fpr yonks now, but MM doesn't seem to think that is where our problems lie. So there. If he gets Thorne in ( another name bandied about) then great

Point taken:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here