Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We've agreed terms with Dichio

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Silent Bob said:
2 in one match, and it was only Palace.

Personally I don't particularly rate him - he's just a big lump. Rather have Noel-Williams.

Have to agree with you there.I don't rate him either.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i rate him, just what we need and better than noel williams in my book.
played at the highest level unlike GNW

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
But his best years are behind him

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He's got to be worth a try. Could make a good partnership with CKR.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He's older than Gifton, with a worse goalscoring record, technically is a worse player, and to me would be an indication we would be returning to long ball football. :nono:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
hopefully he wont be another kitson/dodd, talking about dodd, i didnt see his name on the new squad list

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
cant believe some peoples negativity, Dichio will be invaluable if we are going to mount any form of promotion challenge, people complain when we dont sign anyone and complain when we do!!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Stevie_boy said:
hopefully he wont be another kitson/dodd, talking about dodd, i didnt see his name on the new squad list

Dodd was released at the end of last season, he is back training with the squad though and hopes to prove his fitness and win another deal. He's already said he felt bad we didn't get to see the best of him and now wants to prove himself again. If he does then I guess he'll get a monthly contract or a pay as play deal.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Silent Bob said:
He's older than Gifton, with a worse goalscoring record, technically is a worse player, and to me would be an indication we would be returning to long ball football. :nono:

but in his defence he fights for the ball and his knees work :rolleyes:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Dichio is / was a class player. He has played top flight football in the Premiership and in Europe. I think he is a level up from GNW in terms of experience and class.

me_me

Jan 27, 2005
Father Jack said:
cant believe some peoples negativity, Dichio will be invaluable if we are going to mount any form of promotion challenge, people complain when we dont sign anyone and complain when we do!!

completly agree. dont know what people expect? we arent going to get amazing players becuase we are in league 1, have no money, no stadium and poor training facilities. the sort of players they expect will go to better clubs that us. I think Dichio will be a good signing and am suprised that he would come to us.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I agree, when he was Giftons' age he was playing at the top level, whereas Gifton is at Burnley, I can't see much in common there. Good signing if it is true.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Dichio would be a good signing and would certainly be the target man we desperately need. My worry about GNW is his arthritis and even with 7 starts in a row for us he still looked unfit although clearly he had ability.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Caveman said:
IS there any links or reports on this?

No-one has found one yet.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sounds like billybullshit