Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weirdest place you've met someone famous ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have served various members of the Albion team at work (if they count as famous), and I have been served in a shop by a world-famous professional wrestler.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Country singer Garth Brooks, Yukon, Oklahoma, (he was born in Okie). Nice bloke actually, bit surprised to meet an Englishman in such a backwater. Not so strange except that Oklahoma is considered strange by most Americans, very Bible Belt.

Is it true that he's only about 5 feet tall (minus the hat)?

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Jordan clattered into me in Uckfield High Street a couple of years ago as she stormed out of a shop with a flustered looking Peter Andre behind pushing a buggy.

It was a good job her twin airbags had gone off or I could have done myself some serious damage!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Phil Mitchell in Camden swimming baths. He even asked me which way the exit was.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Davy Jones [The monkees] in the quadrant bar a few years back, nice bloke drinks brown and bitter.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
George Michael and "girlfriend" Kathy Yeung at Disneyland about 20 years ago

Stan Boardman on a flight from Jersey

Leon Brittain in a restaurant in London

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
Star Trek's Mr. Sulu in the map section of W.H.Smith in Churchill Square.

He was looking at a road map and talking about the "freeway" going past "Loo-WESS" & he had a ridiculously loud blooming voice.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Star Trek's Mr. Sulu in the map section of W.H.Smith in Churchill Square.

He was looking at a road map and talking about the "freeway" going past "Loo-WESS" & he had a ridiculously loud blooming voice.

Mr Sulu :lol:

Justy about the only celebrity I've ever met when I was about 10 he was in panto at the theatre royal. Now he's Hiro's father in Heroes its just about worth mentioning (but only just).

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Phil Redmond (you know, Brookside etc) in the public bar of the Turks Head, St Helens, 2 weeks ago.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
John Taylor from Duran Duran in a motorway cafe on the way to Brum to play 5 a side (me not him). I mean he didn't want to be recognised sitting there at 9am wearing all his stage gear and make up having a bacon sarnie with last night's "conquest"
Steve Howe from Yes
Mick Fleetwood (and yes he really is that tall) at a Splinter Group gig at the Albert Hall
Bernard Weatherill when he was Speaker of the House of Commons
Ray Allen (again) who popped into the local tax office for advice (without Lord Charles)
Clement Freud
Andre Previn and Mia Farrow at Redhill train station many many years ago

The Tassie Seagull

Dave Clarkson's Left Sock
Made coffee for Mrs Mangel (from Neighbours) in a Melbourne department store once. Guy I was working with asked for her autograph, but she turned him down flat as she never does autographs.

Wonder if she is still alive? This was a few years back and looked like she was on her last legs then!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Oh - apparently she is still alive and well, moved back to the UK and is now living in Shoreham!

50.jpg

Because a lot of people are imbeciles, unable to tell fact from fiction, Vivean Gray sadly suffered an astonishing amount of abuse from members of the general public, so convincing was her portrayal of the waspish Mrs. Mangel. So strong was this reaction that is actually played a large role in her decision to leave Neighbours in 1988 and give up acting.

Vivean returned to England and has since settled in Shoreham in Sussex, where presumably she still lives in peace.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Because a lot of people are imbeciles, unable to tell fact from fiction, Vivean Gray sadly suffered an astonishing amount of abuse from members of the general public, so convincing was her portrayal of the waspish Mrs. Mangel. So strong was this reaction that is actually played a large role in her decision to leave Neighbours in 1988 and give up acting.

Vivean returned to England and has since settled in Shoreham in Sussex, where presumably she still lives in peace.

I will NEVER cease to be amazed at the information that is available on NSC.

There was an actress from East enders in the bowling alley in Orpington last week (so one of friends told me). I did see her walking back to her car with her kid afterwards.

I once saw Digby Fairweather standing at Liverpool Street station waiting for a train. And Andy Peters checking in at Heathrow.

And I helped Stephanie Cole get a packet of Marlboro out of a pub cigarette machine in Bethersden.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here