Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weirdest place you've met someone famous ?

Stuck in a traffic jam in Porlock I noticed a rather attractive older woman checking me out as our cars came to a stop next to each other. I turned my head slowly and seductively towards her and my eyes grew wide at the sight of Helen Mirren gazing dreamily towards me through her drivers side window. We smiled, she knew, and then we parted.

But never mind that, Nick Cave in his speado's !

Just to make you jelous Buzzer I once went to the cinema in Bristol with Polly Harvey, Steve Albini and the god that is Nick Cave.

He kept his trousers on.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
juninho of middlesbrough fame in a mcdonalds at woodal service station on the m1. his cheeky wink and wave is still something my mother goes on about to this day

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Lord & Lady MucCartney enjoying a veggie curry, at the curry house on the seafront after the Madness gig a couple of years ago.

We obviously did the decent thing and ignored them.

Jarvis Cocker and partner tucking into a much needed steak-frites at Cafe Rouge in the Lanes.

Boris Johnson knocking back a bottle of wine at the Balls Brothers in Southwark Street, SE1.

It has to be said that my wife tends to point these people out , as I dont generally give a crap about recognising them myself.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
A few years back when in Sydney I did the Harbour Bridge walk and had a bit of a z-list double-whammy. The guy who used to play Todd from Neighbours was our guide and in the group in front of us was that fella from Boyzone who used to be in Coronation Street. Keith? (pretends he doesn't know). Was very surreal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not quite in the Johnny Marr league, but in similar circumstances - Gareth Gates at McDonalds at Fleet services on the M3! :jester:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Weirdo luvvie genius Steven Berkoff by the baggage carousel on a flight back from Malta, wearing what can only be described as a highly colourful ensemble.

The smoking ban isn't new. Being pushed to the margins of a venue can throw people together quite randomly. Which is how I once came to spend ten very pleasant minutes in the company of Oscar winning actress, Glenda Jackson.

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
HKFC motorway service station stalker- true, spreddit!

Oh, and, the fantastic HELEN LEDERER 4.30am 2005 Gatwick in luggage queue- me gobsmacked, everyone else, whothefuckisthat?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Stood behind Peter O'Toole in WH Smiths on Brighton Station whilst he was buying filterless fags from the gormless assistant.

Bez from Happy Mondays stared me out in a clothes shop in Manchester after I accidentally bumped into him whilst he was taking a T Shirt off.

Trod on George Best's foot when walking down a street.

Nearly got run over by Antony H Wilson - the only ever words he said to me was 'you stupid ****'

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
saw mark williams from the fast show in that sausage shop in gloucester road on wednesday, he advised me on what sausages to buy for my casserole, italian pork with herb and garlic was recommended, lovely:)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Saw Fatboy in the bogs in Piccolo in the lanes
Jenny Powell in a church
Fish out of Marillion in Burtons in Liverpool
Danny John Jules By the Madeira Lift
Frank Skinner outside that shop that sells all the cheap olives and stuff in tins at the end of Kensington Gardens
Angry Anderson out of Rose Tattoo on the Pier Head Liverpool
Jodie Marsh and Kenzie in a carpark in Brentwood
Jade Goody In the Litten Tree Public house Brentwood
Peter Purves at Knutsford Services....The list goes on and on....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
and i have served peter andre AND gary from men behaving badly petrol

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Harry Enfield, in a Beanie Baby shop (don't ask) in Padstow

:thumbsup:

Harry Enfield, at a funeral. Arrabella Weir, Clive Anderson and Roland Gift were there as well.

Fatboy Slim, Ralph Brown, Antony McPartlin, Tommy Boyd (is he famous?), Gary Stevens among others have all been by the shop.

Played football against Desmond Lynam at Preston Park when I was nine.

Chris Kamara at the Germany v Holland match at Dragao stadium in Porto, spotted by several English fans, to which the chant went up 'there's only one Lionel Richie'. For me, it was quite surprising seeing him there seeing as he seems to know sod all about football and even less about verbal restraint (oooh, there was contact there... etc).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I had a cup of tea with Michael Caine in a Security portacabin on the building site of his new home. It was about 5am on a saturday morning and we had a nice chat and cuppa while he looked around his soon to be completed house. Very nice.

Met Heather Mills McCartney at work and Ralph Brown at work too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here