Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weirdest place you've met someone famous ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Deirdre Barlow in a branch of Threshers.

Nicky Butt in a kebab shop, top bloke by the way.

Paul Scholes in a cricket game, he ran out our opening batsman who was on 199 at the time.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Follwing on the swimming pool theme..... my former company sponsored my derpatment to go onb a team buildinmg weekend to aone of those health farm/sportys centre thingies.

After a day of team building jumped into the pool to find the rest of my colleagues (all women or gay at the time) gagging over Frank Bruno.

Have to say he was really polite and seriously disturbed by their attention I thınk. Poor guy.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Oh and went to school with the McCartney girls (Mary was two years below me). When I was in my third year I was props guy and had to go on in the dark and change things front stage so was sitting in front row. Imagine my surprise when Macca came and sat next to me. OIf course, stupido tripped over the props. Paul tunrd to me when I sat down again and said 'Don't worry son. It happens to the best of us'.

On the same theme. Once drove past their place and Linda was meditating (I think) in a field on the opposite side.... also saw him helping neighbours working on their roof.

Nikki Lauda and Dianna Rigg in a check in queue at Ibiza airport and Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull aksing me if I'd seen his mate Arthur Brown (of Fire fame) also at Ibiza airport.
Arthur Brown can always be found walking the streets of Lewes, usually on his way to or from the Lewes Arms, Bill's or the fire station (where he continues to perform his amazing stage act, but these days under strictly controlled conditions).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Arthur Brown can always be found walking the streets of Lewes, usually on his way to or from the Lewes Arms, Bill's or the fire station (where he continues to perform his amazing stage act, but these days under strictly controlled conditions).

Dare I ask if he is part of the Lewes Bonfire parade? :lol:

A mate of mine plays in his band, and told me about the recent 'uncontrolled conditions' when his hair caught fire.
I suppose you could say, that Arthur asks for it, in the lyrics of the song :D

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
For me it was on Monday tea-time, was sat in Pizza Hut in Grimsby with my Tasha (her choice, not mine) and Shayne Ward popped in and ate a full meat feast pan pizza to himself (fat bastard). That was a stroke of luck because we were going to see him later that night in some sort of concert thing.

So where's the weirdest place you've ever met someone "famous" ???

Why was it a stroke of luck??

I once made breakfast for Supergrass when they popped into my mums cafe.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Bobby Zamora coming out the toilets in what was then called Creations.

Legend!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Went to the theatre in London a few years back and sat down next to this Aussie bloke. Turns out it was Doug Willis from Neighbours, Jason Donovan's dad. A bit unexpected :)

2230-08.jpg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

He played at my folks' 25th Wedding Anniversary.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
. . . . . . and Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull asking me if I'd seen his mate Arthur Brown (of Fire fame) also at Ibiza airport.

A couple of days ago I was surprised to hear Tull's 'Bourree' being played over the public address system as I waited for my wife to complete the shopping in a supermarket.

My mind went back to a couple of their gigs. As well as that peculiar unique stance of Anderson (he played standing on one leg tapping out the beat on his calf with the other leg) my mind went back to his opening remarks at a Dome gig, "I'm pleased to see all you young chicks have come to the gig and they tell me a lot of you do during our performance."

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

At Royal Ascot in 2004 I stumbled into the Heath (cheap enclosure) for a piss as all the other bogs were out of order or full...........as I was quite pissed I ask every bloke in the queue if he scored the last ever goal at the Goldstone obviously spying his worship Storer a few feet in front of me,by the time I got to him he knew the question I was about to ask and said no 'but I know who it was' we had a good chat about the play off final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here